Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W S C Final.

5 posters

Go down

W S C Final. Empty W S C Final.

Post  oldtommo Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Having been critical of our recent performances on this forum, I feel the need to redress the balance after last nights cup final. We may have finished runners up after penalties, but I (and most of the redditch fans I spoke to) thought it was an excellent performance from our young (even Asa was galloping about like a young colt!!) They really gave it a great shot and I think most people in the ground would agree if it hadn't been for an inspired performance by Dean Coleman in their goal we would have run out worthy winners. Good performance from all concerned but special mention to Callum, Levi and George who for me were the best of a very determined team effort. After a relatively quiet 1st half a really entertaining game to watch, goal chances at both ends, 2 red cards, handbags in the dugout, 4 or 5 changes of end for the fans!!! So I would like to say thank you for a great evening (bar the result!) and very bad luck to everyone associated with Redditch United.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

W S C Final. Empty Re: W S C Final.

Post  Reds11 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 am

Thought we were very good last night. Really gutted for Simon and the boys. I hate penalties and had a bad feeling from the start although McDonald's penalty calmed the nervs. I'm looking forward to next season if a top striker is signed. Last night lads played well but for me Liam was head and shoulders the best on the park. He got the ball down and played and him and Levi dominated most of the game

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 am

Fantastic performance and Coleman practically won it for them! No gripes, gave it their all and bad luck Reds!

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:50 am

Although I didn't go to Worcester that game sounds like a lot of our performances this season, a lot of effort with no end product. I've managed to get to about four or five games this season. All have been against higher placed sides and in all games you could not, for the most part, have told the difference between Reds and the higher placed team. Last Saturday was the perfect example. Chesham were one of the form teams lately and that win secured them a play off place but in all honesty I didn't think there was any great difference between the two.

Defensively we are relatively sound, our goals against record is not bad,we have always looked committed, and fitness levels seem good considering the number of games played recently.

However, we are so poor going forward it's sometimes embarrassing to watch. Again last Saturday we put a number of decent moves together which pretty much all came to nothing. The final ball was wrong, or poorly delivered, when it was decent there was no one there, players were in the wrong place at the wrong time etc etc.

The thing that is proving such a disappointment to me (and I suspect to most other supporters) is that you can clearly see there isn't much difference between teams in this league and it's frustrating to see us keep losing to teams not much better than us (if at all). Add to that the fact that our appalling goalscoring record (we are the Southern Prem's lowest scoring side) makes us probably the least entertaining side to watch in this league.

For next season we desperately need a bit of experience up front, and possibly midfield. It's not lack of effort and it's not necessarily lack of ability that's costing us time and again, it's lack of experience. The likes of Leavi, Jermaine, Will Richards etc, they are all pretty good prospects and we should try to keep hold of them but they need someone around them with a bit more nous. So often this season the difference between us and the opposition has been that little extra 'know how', getting in the right place at the right time, knowing when to hold on to the ball and when to play it etc, and most importantly of all, knowing where the back of the net is.

I do not think wholesale changes are needed for next season, in fact I hope we keep at least the nucleus of this team but we desperately need at least a couple of older heads in 2 or 3 key positions. Yet another season of struggle and lack of goals is just about going to drive nearly everyone away.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 am

Disagree a little there mattim,as said by old tommo Dean Coleman had a fantastic game.any other day or another keeper we'd be talking about a win IMO,I agree we need to tweak and change a little but for a young team they have done ok.i was proud to be a RUFC fan Tuesday,and can see how good this team could be with right additions and experience sprinkled in.hopefully they can play the same standard on Saturday to end the season in the right frame of mind and then build for next season,bit of stability this time round.
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down