Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitchin Today

+2
mattim
Terrace Guy
6 posters

Go down

Hitchin Today Empty Hitchin Today

Post  Terrace Guy Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:58 am

Well,

Despite another silly sending off reducing us to 10 men with 70 minutes left to play (this ill discipline really needs addressing now) and a goalkeeping change at half time we managed to hold out for a 1-0 win and to be honest we deserved it!

For the first time at home this season Reds seemed like a proper team and a stable unit who were willing to fight for every ball and did the basics well. The defence finally looks comfortable and in Sterling James we have a player who has a footballing intelligence and speed of play that is well above the rest of his team mates.

So overall? Before the "I told you so" brigade come out, believe me the recent hysteria and criticism on here has been fully justified as we really have been that terrible at home. However, IF (and I am being very cautiously optimistic here) we can put in that kind of TEAM performance every week I believe that no matter what the result we will attract those disillusioned fans back to the Valley. There was even a round of "Come on you Reds" in the stands at one point and this proves that effort translates into support.

As an aside, could those in the know/stattos answer the following?

A.) When was the last time we won two league matches on the trot?

B.) Where the hell is Kyle Patterson? I was under the impression that he was one of the six contracted players this season but he's suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth and I haven't heard that he's injured etc....

UP THE REDS!

Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Hitchin Today Empty Re: Hitchin Today

Post  mattim Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Wasn't there today but congratulations to all concerned except Mr Bridgewater who needs a kick up the arse for getting sent off. For Christ's sake we must have the worst disciplinary record in the league as well as the worst defensive record, get a grip Liam !

Two wins on the trot and a clean sheet to boot and now we're mid table, if we go any higher I'll be getting a nosebleed !

I honestly think that if we can learn to defend we could go on to do well this season, we certainly have the ability to hurt the opposition.

Onwards and upwards !

UTR

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh and in reply to Terrace Guy's questions the answers are;

A) God knows

B) God knows

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm

You say it was a silly sending off but he was trying to stop the ball going through to the striker, just missed it and caught the player, if he didn't catch the player he would of been one on one with the keeper and we could be complaining about a loss now, ps the pitch looked great today fairplay to the groundsman

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Terrace Guy wrote:

A.) When was the last time we won two league matches on the trot?

B.) Where the hell is Kyle Patterson? I was under the impression that he was one of the six contracted players this season but he's suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth and I haven't heard that he's injured etc....

UP THE REDS!

A.) November 2012
B.) In the bar watching the game nursing a thigh strain.......& we do not have 6 contract players btw
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 am

Fantastic performance from Liam and the lads Saturday. I've been one who has had faith in what mr swan and Liam are trying to do and I'm really pleased for him and the players. So lets stop them moaning and support him.

Question DJ
Who is on contract??
Where did Liam sign the big lad at the back and how old is he??
Looks a good player and Amari sterling does aswell, great signings.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Hitchin Today Empty Hitchin

Post  Peterborough Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:59 am

I was pleasently suprised by the performance against Hitchin.

I also thought after 20 minutes and a man down ''Here we go again''. However I was happily proven wrong, which is a rare event!!!!

Well done U Reds a great team effort.

Peterborough
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 am

Reds11 wrote:
Where did Liam sign the big lad at the back and how old is he??
Nathan Jackson - Signed from AFC Wulfrunians & will be 23 yrs old in December
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down