Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended

+2
Mrs Moor
Captain Carlin
6 posters

Go down

Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended Empty Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended

Post  Captain Carlin Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 am

Redditch Borough Council have defended their position after plans for Redditch United to build a new £3.3million stadium were blocked.

The council have said they hope to hear from Chris Swan, who runs the club, at a committee meeting next week.

“Mr Swann has been invited to attend the Council's Overview and Scrutiny Committee on Nov 4 to afford him the opportunity to present his proposals to Members.

RBC considers this is the correct forum for this discussion to take place and any live debate prior to the meeting would pre-empt this discussion.

Redditch Borough Council have explained some of the reasons for blocking the proposals:

The area of land the new stadium would lie on is designated to public or green space.
Restrictive covenants are placed on the land which the plans would breach.
The plans would require the council to put up some of the costs, and should they rise, the council would bear the cost.
The council may need to fund preliminary work and surveys ahead of the project.
Council officers were put off by the size of the project.
Maintenance costs are not factored in.
The land values advised by both sides are very far apart.

Taken from Central News website
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended Empty Re: Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 am

Interesting that the council picked up on my point and it's a point that needs to be addressed.

Its no good Mr Duck telling the world that a plastic pitch will generate income and profit because that is only the case if you don't bother to maintain and replace the pitch when required.

Mr Duck will be very lucky if the money generated from his plastic pitch earns enough to maintain and replace when the time comes because most don't and require further investment.

Perhaps that's why he never factored that position into his plans in the first place, he could also put the project on a better footing if he offered to pay for the initial start up cost rather than expecting the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Come on Mr Duck you can't always expect something for nothing.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended Empty Re: Decision to block £3.3million stadium proposal defended

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:01 pm

OK MM, why didn't the council submit their concerns before the decision to reject? Then it would give the taxpayers from the club an indication to ensure the business case was meeting their needs?

This is not a new story....the new ground has been a topic for discussion for at least 10 years now with previous council officers involved when the 1st draft plans were submitted in Pete Finnegan's time.

Until I was involved in Plan B..I had no idea how local politics work.
Conservatives using every little detail to undermine Labour and vice-versa...complete and utter bullshit.

The room is full of egotistical knob-heads full of their own importance and more interested getting their names in the paper for their input into the next arty-farty green project.

Its about time the head of leisure pulled his head out of his arse and went to see the local amenities let alone the facilities at RUFC.

How can the council not provide changing facilities for ladies or disabled people in the 21st century? It's a disgrace.
If there is an investment required by the council (although I don't see it yet)...why not? It's my council tax money along with the other 500 people associated with the football club.

If the council do come through...they will be quick enough filling the seats on opening day with their bullshit tree planting.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:52 pm

I agree with you Bob and hope the supporters get what they want but after watching Mr Duck on the news tonight I feel sorry for the club and its supporters.

How he can take the cameras behind the scenes only showed what a skinflint he really is, it's beyond me. The state of that physio table was a disgrace he really should be ashamed of himself.

When you look at Bromsgrove and their efforts it shows what a poor leader the Duck really is, their board have raised money for so many ground improvements and building projects while still under a council lease. To see a multi-millionaire stand by a split plastic table with foam clearly on show is nothing short of a disgrace for the level of football he commands and shows what he thinks of his players and their wellbeing.

Perhaps if he put his hand in his pocket and offered to pay for something you might stand a chance, the guy put no substance behind his plans it was a very poor bid and to be honest laughable.

Yet again he mentions his little cash cows "his community youth teams" but apart from allowing them to use the name what else does he do for these teams, I have been told nothing at all and that they are all self funding and even buy their own kits and equipment.

If a few hundred supporters at Bromsgrove can operate a football club that pays a budget and also builds canteens etc then you have to ask the question, don't you ?

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Why should Mr Swan put money into the club?
That was not his intention and as a true supporter, I don't want him to either...even though he has to do this to keep the doors open.

Been there, done that...that is why I am still $5000 out of pocket as I write this response.

Why the comparison with BSFC? Do you understand their financial situation? do they pay players at their level?
Yes they attract the same numbers as us (charging 50% less)..but their 'recent' success in the 90's brought a few faces to the VG...so I would expect a healthier backing..normal.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Why should Mr Swan put money into the club?
Because he bought it and promised you conference football in 5 years. Head against wall 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:52 am

Because he bought it? Bow down Bow down 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 am

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/10/30/news-Public-to-have-say-on-Redditch-United-plans-88273.html

If you haven't written to the council..do it today:

phil.mould@redditchbc.gov.uk

Come on guys..this is our chance to change the minds of the council.
With a new ground with 400-500 inside..imagine what could happen? not only for RUFC but for the town? bounce bounce bounce 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am

List of council members..

http://www.redditchbc.gov.uk/democracy/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=111

6 million in deposit accounts end of June 2013? Naughty, naughty RBC Tut 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Because he bought it? Bow down Bow down 
I feel a little bit sorry for you Steve, season after season you try to find a mast to fly the flag and every season he pulls the rug from under your feet. Last season it was the youth team and guess what the Duck pulled the plug despite him banging on about the community (cash cow) at every opportunity. Does he put a penny into any of these kids teams he keeps banging on about because I am told they are all self funding and he does nothing at all.

The council are right to block such a poor presentation and do gates of 200 warrant a 3 million taxpayer investment when the guy with the begging bowl is a multi millionaire who can't even buy a proper physio table for his team. The TV footage was as shocking as the Ducks haircut if i'm honest.

When I look at the plans I see a handful of fulltime staff are going to be required to run the place, how are you going to pay them on a gate of 200. There is no profit in 3G if you run it properly it's a no brainer.

Anyone can paint a pretty picture and forget about substance, I find your petition slightly amusing because the Duck has not explained anything. Mr Hart may give him a prize for a pretty picture but a serious business plan - not on my nelly.

Come on Steve explain the bare bones not the size of the dress, I hope you get the move but the initial submission is laughable and the council were right to throw it out.

Perhaps he should try again, i'll give him a hand if he wants ..............Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Sleep 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 am

Bob Marley wrote:Sleep 
Half expected Steve, ask a question with substance and you can't offer a reply. Nothing new there then Laughing 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:39 am

Why do you keep banging on about Mr Swan's personal wealth MM?

What has his own business got to do with RUFC?

Mr Swan took on the clubs debts and said that the club MUST be self sufficient....he would be the safety net which he has continued to be for 2 years now.

The clubs income does not match the expenditure...even with probably one of the lowest playing budgets in the league...Mr Swan continues to meet the shortfall to keep RUFC going and yet you continue to criticize him not buying a physio table? You obviously have a personal grudge against him which you really need to get over for your own well being.

You criticize the club's plans for the new ground? Why? What 3 million investment of tax payers money?
I am not a property developer like Mr Swan but I would only expect full architect drawings when the plan has a green light....not before.
Yes, I applaud Mr Swan for driving the new ground...you can see its not the council taking the lead..so why do you continue to criticize his every move?

Does Mr Swan contribute to the youth teams? No..why should he?
Having spoken to Julian, the youth team are more than self funding and now contribute financially to the 1st team....what's your problem with that? I know how Julian runs the youth section and it is better now than ever with new kit and new equipment for all teams.
If the 1st team doesn't exist..then the youth teams do not exist so why do you criticize Mr Swan for using their existance in his business case for the new ground?

I don't know what your personal problem is with Mr Swan but he is doing exactly what he said he would do from day 1...RUFC is in better shape now than in the last 30 years...even when we were winning promotion paying money that the club didn't have.

I am at the Corby game MM..please feel free to come down the Valley and we can discuss face to face..we can also have a pint with Chris after the game and maybe your continued critism of everything our Chairman does may reduce slightly.

1st pints on you though Beer
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 am

Just for the record that physio table was paid for by mr swan, I'm sure he can't be expected to buy a new one every time a play kicks it!! In fact the changing rooms were brought up to scratch and paid for by mr swan. As with any old building its just not fit for purpose any more and would just eat the money thrown at it, not good business. If anything the news clip highlights some of the reasons we need to move, a move that benefits the town but cost them nothing. I agree with Steve, come down and have a chat, look at the plans close up and hear the proposals/facts first hand, feel free to sign the petition as well. Wink
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:32 am

Mrs bore won't come down, anytime anyone askes, it completely avoids the question, Solihull isn't too far from Redditch to pop to the club for a chat... Or are you a bit closer to home?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  debart Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:09 pm

RedJeff wrote:.... a move that benefits the town but cost them nothing....
Quick question to all you business brains.....

How is it not costing RBC anything:?:   Surely they own the land that Chris Swan wants them to sell, to invest in a piece of land RBC already own that Chris Swan/RUFC will make the profit from? Leaving RBC with a bit less land (but possibly a slightly higher rental income from RUFC than the council get from the valley).

I'm sure there are plenty of people with more business knowledge than myself that could explain it to me!

PS Well done today Reds, keep it up.

debart
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Sure..the Valley would be sold to property developers and the funds used to reinvest in the new stadium and attached pitches. Mr Swan did say the Valley sale would generate more than 1m revenue versus the cost of the move...but you are right...RBC could just sell the Valley...keep all profits and tell the club to do one.

Stranger things have happened.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:10 pm

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/afctelfordunited/news/bucks-announce-8th-operating-profit-in-9-years-1088509.html

300k on wages..?

Over a 10 month? season....30k per month?.....7.5k per week?

Wow....
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Any news on the working party "in the New Year?"

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 am

Do we have any news?

Anything?

Anything?

scratch scratch 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vauxhall-motors-quit-conference-north-6772689

The harsh reality is finally biting.
Hurry up RBC..before it's too late
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down