Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steady start?

5 posters

Go down

Steady start? Empty Steady start?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:54 am

The 1st 2 games have proven that this league is very, very competitive.

With the changes made during the summer, you would suggest that the squad is stronger than last term?...is that a fair assessment from what you have seen so far?

With the new teams in the league adding to the strength of the Division...would a mid-tale position be a step forward from last year?

I am very surprised with the goal keeper situation...seems to be a lot of changes so early on in such a crucial position for the team...? Thoughts?

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Steady start? Empty Re: Steady start?

Post  Terrace Guy Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Based on the Cirencester game alone it seems we have a solid team. Better than last term? Defensively yes but lacking a real goal scorer up front.

I'm pleased that we're protecting our assets by placing many of the first team on contract alongside (heard on the grapevine) U21's too. It avoids a repeat of the Jermaine situation and Im sure that Mr Swan is wise enough to make sure it doesn't kill the club like the old days.

Also, programme notes suggest the 3G pitch is getting the go ahead for next season.

No matter what the early season results give us, attending The Valley is still an enjoyable experience and the future looks bright.

Now for that elusive FA Cup run...................and pigs might fly.....

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:57 am

My assessment on the squad this season I personally think were about the same as last season ! Will Richards looks desent better at cent back for me than in mid I still think goals will be a problem as I don't feel any of the strikers we have will get the goals we need . Osborne is a good player too but will he score as many goals as ash ? I personally doubt it . Next 2 game look tough 2 too hope we can get results in them . U.T.R

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:15 am

According to reliable sources..the 4G pitch will deffo be started next summer...that will help the club enormously with much needed revenue streams.

The issue of contracts is still a tricky one....as soon as a player is on contract we a bound to pay them come hell or high water....with zero flexibility.
For a club with our limited resources...that's a big risk to take.

Fair play to Mr Swan for this kind of commitment.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm

I reckon looking at the comings and goings during the close season we should be a bit stronger overall than last season. For me there was only one significant departure, obviously that of Ash Sammons. Jamie Osborne should be able to fill that role and also George Carline developed very well last season. I think there could be a lot riding on those two to make, and score, goals from midfield.

Forward wise we have never looked the same since Jermaine left. Liam must be hoping that Daniel Dubidat is the next Jermaine Hylton, Luke Shearer starts to put some chances away and that Jamie Molyneux can return to the sort of form of early last season before he was injured.

As the others have said, we look solid and signing Will Richards was a big plus, as was Kyle Haynes who I believe was very well rated at Worcester. If and when we start banging in the goals then we will take some stopping although again as others have said, the league this season is going to be tougher.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Mattim I like your positive thinking !! I just think in realilaty it will be very difficult to follow up last seasons top 8 finish . Hope we don't have to wait too long for that first win and the next 2 game look tricky . Thought we looked better on Tuesday night than last Saturday with Richards and Spink giving Osborne more time on the ball .. We created a couple of decent chances just a shame we couldn't nick it .. U.T.R

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am

Great result Saturday considering their start...this is going to be a tough league this year...with very competitive teams.

Top half would be a good target IMO.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  kingus Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 am

I've only managed to see one game so far this season (I was too busy falling into a river in Devon on Monday night to get down to the valley), but I found the atmosphere a bit flat. None of the young lads who sang and set off flares seemed to be there.
kingus
kingus

http://www.oaps.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:46 am

Just coming off topic a bit but I would love to hear more about how you were too busy falling in to a river in Devon. Is this the best excuse ever for not attending a Reds game ? Perhaps we should start another thread!

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 am

I remember going to the Grove to watch the World Golf Match play and leaving at 1pm to get back for the FA Cup v Camel Laird.

I wish I had stayed watching Tiger...

Redditch in the FA Cup?.....where's Spike
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:09 am

After 2 wins, I suppose that we can say that it really has been a solid start to the season.

Long may it continue, with a nice cheeky FA Cup run thrown in, would do very nicely.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:39 am

Putting the Hinckley debacle to one side....I would suggest we have made a pretty good start to the season..considering our current league position.

Gutted that I couldn't catch a game last week...typical, FA Cup mess-up again!

The next challenge is to hold onto Daniel Dubidant...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  kingus Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:36 am

10 played, and only 1 loss. More than happy with that.
kingus
kingus

http://www.oaps.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down