Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 0 Stafford 1

+7
in2thevalley
Leethall
ted striker
stafford
Redditchbluenose86
rawlings09
porrohman
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reds 0 Stafford 1 Empty Reds 0 Stafford 1

Post  porrohman Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Lads really battled well tonight, we deserved to beat them..they were by far the worst side I've seen for a long time and that includes some of ourteams! The number 5 was absolute gash.
Cedar Rd rolled out the old faves for chubby Agbonlahor, and Marco...good second half from The Cedar Rd, good banter, good laugh, good evening apart from the result and the cold.
Proud of them tonight sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 0 Stafford 1 Empty Re: Reds 0 Stafford 1

Post  rawlings09 Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Very proud of the lads!
It was only a keeper mistake at the start that cost us, but for the rest of the game, the keeper played very well!
Like i said in a previous post, we were all over them and still lost... exactly the same tonight and when you miss a penalty, hit the post and have many efforts cleared off the line, you know your luck is against you!

I'd like to have 15-20 on the cedar road singing, it does lift the lads, as shown tonight! :dance:
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Good laugh again tonight in the stand lads!
I can't see how we walked away from tonights game without AT LEAST a point, we had so many chances! Just wasn't our night luckwise.
On more than one occasion I've paid three-times even FOUR-times the entry fee of tonight, to watch a pitch full of millionaires at the 'peak' of their career play with less than a gnat's pube worth of the passion and determination that I witnessed from the Reds tonight - Seriously. They were throwing themselves head first to block shots, didn't bottle a challenge, and played some decent football.
Very proud of the boys tonight.

Was also good to see Marco, Shane, and John Reeves again tonight, good lads.

Bring on the carrot crunchers Saturday Banana sex

Yes I'm aware they're bananas ^^
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stafford Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:57 am

Just in reply to one of the post's above above you being all over us when we played you at home. Yes you where all over us first half and deservedly so but in the second half we could and should have scored about 4 anyway that's history. On last nights game apart from the 10 minute's from us and the goal we scored you out played us all night and a very big well done to you. That is what football is all about players giving there all for the cause. I was also impressed with you guys singing for 90 mins that is real support so well done. I wish you the best of luck for next season. Also trust me that was a shocking performance from us we had 5 first team players missing. If you have had seen us against Gainsborough last weekend you would be saying that we look like staying up and not Hyde. A massive game on Saturday for us and Hyde.

A couple of links for you
SRFC Unofficial Website: http://www.wix.com/staffordrangers/unofficialwebsite

Cover it live: http://www.staffordrangers.com/

You will see our goal on the cover it live link not that you would want to.

stafford
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 am

Yeah some great football, passing on the Floor with good communication.
I agree with Andy it was some of the best football I have seen for a long time and a really good atmosphere on the Cedar Road, And nice to see the away Team/staff joining in with our fun and games.
Away fans I spoke to were Great and were impressed with the fact we keep singing even though we are losing and probably going down, they also wished us luck next season. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 am

Given that last night was probable the last chance we had to launch the greatest comeback since Lazarus, I propose the following addition to the Cedar Road repertoire:

Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be,
We're off to the Southern League,
Que sera, sera.

Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be,
We're going to Banbury,
Que sera, sera.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:26 am

Impressive display last night against Scaffold, agree we should have won this at a canter but shows we have nobody who can put the ball in the net.

I would have also been confident if the missing "Scaffold" players were playing then we would have still been as impressive. The football itself was a joy to watch and is just missing an end result.

Crowd of 131 was frankly sh*t. That itself is causing us more problems and probably barely covers costs....

Also drew out 90 mins on the golden goal FFS Full of sh*t
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:42 am

Leethall wrote:

Crowd of 131 was frankly sh*t. That itself is causing us more problems and probably barely covers costs....

:
Crowd getting less and less match by match and even the die hard Fans are starting to walk, One told me last night they may not bother coming any more. I can sympathise as some people just don't like watching a game they already know we will lose, Something HAS got to change.
I don't think lady Luck is going to play a part this time round. No

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 am

can not fault the effort and commitment from the lads yersterday. The football at times was a joy to watch. (credit to the new management team). What particularly impressed me was the "unity" of the team, If and it is a big if we can retain the players for next season, then I can not see why we can not bounce back. :dance: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am

131? Crying with laughter
Sorry, had to laugh at that as that is pathetic! Say they brought about 15-20? that leaves us with 110 or so fans?
Something [b][i][u]HAS to change, and very very soon!
If the money from gates is paying bills then how are we paying them with such a small gate reciept?
I know it was a tuesday night and United were playing on T.V but sereously... 131... Head against wall
hmmm :/

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:35 am

Stafford reckon they bought 50 at least! May be true but it is sh*t for both clubs!

My old mans mate has stopped going down now and they went to the pub last night instead! To be fair £9 for adults is not appealing when you know you are not going to win.

Unfortunately Jeff I think we are going to see more regulars drift away, people want to see a side challenging in games and this season has been a disaster full stop from the start. Simon Redheads side is a lot better IMO than Matt Gardiners and the money he spent on it. I was close to sacking it off last night as I am getting a little tired watching games where we never score but was pleasantly shocked!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 am

Leethall wrote:Stafford reckon they bought 50 at least! May be true but it is sh*t for both clubs!

My old mans mate has stopped going down now and they went to the pub last night instead! To be fair £9 for adults is not appealing when you know you are not going to win.

Unfortunately Jeff I think we are going to see more regulars drift away, people want to see a side challenging in games and this season has been a disaster full stop from the start. Simon Redheads side is a lot better IMO than Matt Gardiners and the money he spent on it. I was close to sacking it off last night as I am getting a little tired watching games where we never score but was pleasantly shocked!
No way scaffold brought 50! Take 20 of that at least.
Your right Redheads team is playing a different level to Gards team and actually I think the team now makes Gards team look second rate, I think it comes down to style. Simon is very vocal during the game and in training and as some of you know this is my preferred style of management, There is loads of communication On the Pitch now which may explain the sudden ability to pass the ball on the floor.
This was always my issue under Matt's Rein, I think he was too quiet during the game, not that involved during training and virtually no communication on the pitch hence the hoofing and missed pass's. That's not to say I did not think he was a nice bloke and always kept us informed.
I also think your right with regards to people not coming through the gate, If you stand on a nail and hit hurts you don't keep standing on the nail! even when big teams go on a slump it happens but in the thousands.
Its also worth noting that Alvechurch are possibly in a worse situation to us at the moment so we are not the only ones by a long stretch, Football is in a very sad place right now and there needs to be a re think in how small clubs like ours are to survive in what is now just a GAME OF MONEY and the only winners are the non fans.
Even Players (and not very good ones) at this level seem to have lost the plot on what the Game is really about and now see an extra £20 as good reason to move wanker's,what ever happened to if we go up we go up together and if we go down we go down together?
Well im not leaving even if im the last one in the stand, win or lose I will be there. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:00 am

I think Graham Hyde must take some credit, last Thursdays session he did 20 mins on shape...we did look compact, one small criticism..we didn't get wide enough quick enough when coming out..but some lovely football played...on the floor as well.
I'd rather have no big man like Matt Smith up top...as soon as he arrived any footy Matt and Snapper installed in the team went out of the window....
Scaffold fans were great...there were nowhere near 50 though!!!
lol!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 am

Re gate..I stand by this....people pick up the paper on a Wednesday and a Friday..see we've lost again look at the table...and won't come down.
If / when we go down...and we're say 6th, looking at a few wins....people WILL come down...to see what it's like..that's when the match day experience HAS to count.
And if you think all the above is rubbish ( like my usual posts!) ask Lewis why he started to watch the Reds!!!!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 am

porrohman wrote:I think Graham Hyde must take some credit, last Thursdays session he did 20 mins on shape...we did look compact, one small criticism..we didn't get wide enough quick enough when coming out..but some lovely football played...on the floor as well.
I'd rather have no big man like Matt Smith up top...as soon as he arrived any footy Matt and Snapper installed in the team went out of the window....
lol!
Not very often I agree with you Very Happy but the style of football we played was a refreshing change. Playing carpet football is the only way and havinga big man up front and "Hoofing" it to him is very one dimensional. Keep up the good work boys Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 am

porrohman wrote:Re gate..I stand by this....people pick up the paper on a Wednesday and a Friday..see we've lost again look at the table...and won't come down.
If / when we go down...and we're say 6th, looking at a few wins....people WILL come down...to see what it's like..that's when the match day experience HAS to count.
And if you think all the above is rubbish ( like my usual posts!) ask Lewis why he started to watch the Reds!!!!!

Thats not rubbish at all. I agree with it.

But, unfortunately I can't see us being any where near 6th in the Southern Premier next season. I fear that it is more likely to be more of the same, rock bottom throughout the whole season, then relegation again.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 am

del boy wrote:
porrohman wrote:Re gate..I stand by this....people pick up the paper on a Wednesday and a Friday..see we've lost again look at the table...and won't come down.

But, unfortunately I can't see us being any where near 6th in the Southern Premier next season. I fear that it is more likely to be more of the same, rock bottom throughout the whole season, then relegation again.

Ever the optimist!!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
porrohman wrote:I think Graham Hyde must take some credit, last Thursdays session he did 20 mins on shape...we did look compact, one small criticism..we didn't get wide enough quick enough when coming out..but some lovely football played...on the floor as well.
lol!
Not very often I agree with you Very Happy but the style of football we played was a refreshing change. Playing carpet football is the only way and havinga big man up front and "Hoofing" it to him is very one dimensional. Keep up the good work boys Very Happy

Try saying that to the Blues fans, root 1 crime against football in the league cup final. We're in a results industry I'm afraid.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:36 pm

My glass has always been half full as opposed to being half empty, and while the situation at the valley hasn't been the happiest of places to be. I genuinely believe that come next season we can bounce back. Yes I know it will be difficult, but after the season we have endured and still enduring, things can only get better. On the field, I have been very impressed by the standard of football shown by the players, and their commitment can not be faulted. The management team are putting together bit by bit a decent looking unit which like to play football. Of the field things are improving, the much maligned Trust are helping the club. The more people that become Trust members the more that can be done to help the club. My two sons are members and my daughter, has recently become a Trust member, I am now working on the wife to become a member then it is the whole family. The reason why we do this is because we want a team in Redditch to follow and we want it to be our team this season next season and for many many more seasons to follow. COME ON YOU REDS.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

arsene wrote:
del boy wrote:

Ever the optimist!!

Ever the realist!! Wink
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm confident we will do well next year.Come down and watch Graham Hyde training the lads...quality.
Stourbridge I thought were a decent side, doing well in the Zam prem and the game was pretty even until late on when we went 3 up top. We outplayed Scaffold Tuesday with a team even we didn't recognize.Hey...surely it's got to be better than this season....the only thing we'll have to laugh at is Solihoof Bores when they miss out on the play offs
Point and laugh Point and laugh Point and laugh Point and laugh
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Top post that Sam.
It's guys like you that make it what it is at non league level - a real, honest, bloody nice bloke.

Can't wait to share a beer with you at Easter
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:13 am

Cheers Steve, but the first drink is on me. Beer Beer Cheers Beer Beer Cheers Beer Beer Cheers Beer
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  stafford Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:51 am

We brought 11 on the mini bus we also recognized about another 20 who go away games so we brought about 30.

stafford
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:45 am

Spot on Stafford.
Your flag was ok too.
Not as big as ours but ok lol!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem