Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Hendrie

+7
Leethall
del boy
Terrace Guy
redditch born
Redditchbluenose86
porrohman
SID SNOT
11 posters

Go down

Lee Hendrie Empty Lee Hendrie

Post  SID SNOT Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 am

I read yesterday that Lee Hendrie is in talks with St Neots Town. I'm not sure what money he would want, probably between £500 and £750 a week, but what an impact someone like this would have on the club. I would suggest he would put at least an extra 100-150 on the gate, at 34 he would do the the business on the pitch, solve our problems in the middle of the park and help with the development of the younger players in the squad. A land mark signing like this by Mr Swan would show everyone that he is serious about getting us out of this league and up to the 'Conference Premier within 5 years'.

With view to funding this exercise I was told at the weekend that both Hyde and Fenemore are on 30K+ a year at the moment. I would suggest that at least half of this money could be spent a lot more productively. Fenemore's wage could pay for someone like this or 2/3 decent proven players at this level.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Lee Hendrie Empty Re: Lee Hendrie

Post  porrohman Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 am

Interesting, but not for me. I don't think an ex-pro who's last club was Bandung in the Indonesian Premier League, would attract more than 10 on the gate in all honesty. At 34 if he was still any good he'd be Div 1/2 level..he's played there and didn't last.
Remember Howard Forinton? We gave him ( ex pro) £400 a week and he waddled around for a couple of seasons taking the money and not giving two hoots about our club.
If you went down the ex pro route it would have to be a model professional that could bring alot to the club. I doubt very much Hendrie could offer that.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:43 am

Sid,
You might want to have a word with the guy that told you about the managers wages too. Fenners works part time for the club. Not many part time jobs bring in 30+k!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:13 am

£30k p/year?? Your source is deluded
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:25 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:£30k p/year?? Your source is deluded

Dont worry about it redditchbluenose there like it most posts!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:02 am

porrohman wrote:Interesting, but not for me. I don't think an ex-pro who's last club was Bandung in the Indonesian Premier League, would attract more than 10 on the gate in all honesty. At 34 if he was still any good he'd be Div 1/2 level..he's played there and didn't last.
Remember Howard Forinton? We gave him ( ex pro) £400 a week and he waddled around for a couple of seasons taking the money and not giving two hoots about our club.
If you went down the ex pro route it would have to be a model professional that could bring alot to the club. I doubt very much Hendrie could offer that.

With all due respect Forinton's "pro" career was that of a journeyman who made sporadic appearances at nearly all his clubs, none of which were at the very highest level. Hendrie played 251 times in the Premier League (despite it being Villa tongue ) and from watching his occassional appearances at Sheffield United he wasn't all that bad a few years back either. Ex pros are always going to be a gamble but for every Forinton and John Williams there's probably a Sean Flynn knocking around somewhere and maybe Hendrie could just do that job for us....
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 am

I agree with your comments about Sean Flynn. He was still pure quality when he came to us. He worked harder than any other man on the pitch. He was a born leader and I'm sure his experience would have helped others. Everyone in the ground could hear him!!

I also have to mention Mark Taylor. He was a true professional and in my opinion, was our star player when we won promotion.

Flynny and Taylor would both appear in my all time greatest Reds XI.

I think that the team could do with this kind of experience, particularly as we have a rather young team. Ex pro's in their mid-late 30's can still offer so much at this level of football. Unfortunately, they do come at a cost.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 am

Sid, what a load of shite your inform source chats Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 am

Leethall wrote:Sid, what a load of shite your inform source chats Very Happy

My source has absolutely no reason to lie? Regardless of what money 'Dumb and Dumber' are on, it is too much and could be spent a lot more productively.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 am

SID SNOT wrote:
My source has absolutely no reason to lie? Regardless of what money 'Dumb and Dumber' are on, it is too much and could be spent a lot more productively.

I trust you have spoken Directly to Chris, Mark or Graham about this?

If you haven't, i suggest you do because they will give you the propper answer... the club is open most days, nothing stopping you from going down and having a chat with people...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 am

SID SNOT wrote:
Leethall wrote:Sid, what a load of shite your informed source chats Very Happy

Well go on then lets see this proof! Maybe Hydey is paid well considering the jobs he does but Fenners is part time. I listen to endless people spouting off about x earns this and x earns that and it is usually a load of Full of sh*t
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 am

Aidy Price is on £80k p/year after tax - FACT.
I know this because my mate was told by some bloke on the bus from Greenlands who has no connection with the club and therefore it is true.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:59 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Aidy Price is on £80k p/year after tax - FACT.
I know this because my mate was told by some bloke on the bus from Greenlands who has no connection with the club and therefore it is true.

Laughing I heard that on the train from a Old Wulfs fan who was groundhopping Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:08 am

Pfft bollocks! My impecable source told me it was £120k with Christmas bonuses! It must be true because as with your source, mine has nothing to do with the club!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 am

Alf is on commision when he stops ex players bleating on about having to pay full price to get in. Whistling
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 pm

porrohman wrote:Alf is on commision when he stops ex players bleating on about having to pay full price to get in. Whistling
Fishing

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:11 am

please dont tell my ex mrs cus she lives in greenlands and will want some of it. please dont tell shell cus she'll be round the shops. but please fell free to tell chris cus i seem to be paying too much tax and not picking up anywhere near what im supposed to. my christmas bonus depends on how much grass we have on the pitch come december the first so thats me fucked pardon my french
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 am

oh sorry about my spelling i know feel is spelt feel, just had a blonde moment Senile
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 am

arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

I'll give him 5 games maximum...
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 am

http://www.harriers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10438~2685145,00.html

Had to leave Kiddi due to cost cuts. Should get him down to the Valley with his brother. Would be a good signing if affordable.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 pm

To late he's signed for chase town' he's playing for them tonight
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down