Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chief Scout

5 posters

Go down

Chief Scout Empty Chief Scout

Post  lewism5964 Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:27 am

I've been having a mooch on the club website and I noticed in the 'Who's Who' section that we do have a listed scout called Danny Bishop.

With all the recent talk in regards to scouting I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this guy and how long he has been with us?
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Chief Scout Empty Re: Chief Scout

Post  adiy price Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am

danny used to be with gary wilde a lot i think he might have done the same job then but not to sure,
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 am

Danny was the tannoy man for a while, I took over from him. Think he knows Gary Whild quite well and he worked as some sort of coaching/scouting assistant under Gary and Carl Heggs without having any real background (though he may have and I just don't know about it).

It appears he's kind of fell into these roles through general involvment and left along with John Reeves to join Stafford Rangers when Tim Flowers was manager there.

I know through one thing or another he watches a hell of a lot of football at different semi-pro levels but don't know him well enough to judge whether he's knowledgable.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:25 am

He does get around - I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago to get details for an FA Vase game for which I was writing a report for the Sunday Mercury, so I think he does get to a number of different games at various levels of the pyramid. He'll certainly be well-placed to feed back any useful tips to the club. Like Fingers, I don't know what his formal experience or qualifications are, but to be fair, most of the fans on the terraces don't have those either and could still tell a quality player from an average one.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:31 am

I talked recently to him about a couple of players I'd seen at Studley the other week ( not Studley players) and fair play, he knew of both and reeled off info on both of them. Impressed.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum