Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest from the advertiser online tonight

+12
porrohman
redditch born
StockportReds
rawlings09
ted striker
Redditchbluenose86
adiy price
Leethall
del boy
RockDJ
Captain Carlin
chrisdon
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Latest from the advertiser online tonight Empty Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Post  chrisdon Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:33 am

Interesting story about possisble developments down at the valley, not suprised by the chairmans comments, or those by his wife, about the apathy shown towards the club by the townsfolk.

chrisdon
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Latest from the advertiser online tonight Empty Re: Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Post  Captain Carlin Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am

nothing new here......possible developments and suprise at the apathy of the townsfolk.
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Latest from the advertiser online tonight Empty Re: Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Post  RockDJ Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 pm

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2011_2012/reports/9419928.Swan_plans___1m_pitch_scheme/

Good to see the communication from the club though it’s what I wanted so can’t complain. It details a strategy, why there was a need increase the entrance fee and where the money is going to be spent.
It also mentions community projects and funding grants. So all in all not a bad article, not sure about the “thinking of selling” comment hopefully that was just born out of general frustration

RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Mrs Swans comments are rather concerning…….

Mrs Swan, welcome to the reality!!! We suffer from major apathy on the pitch, so it should come as no surprise that off field apathy is even greater. To be honest, I’ve never felt any inclination to attend any 80’s / race nights. I’ve always thought that these events are only likely to be attended by a small number of TRUST members, their friends and families. Forget about these nights, and leave these dates open for private bookings. As for selling the club….to who exactly? The Swans would have to pay to give us away!! I fully appreciate how the Swans may have become dismayed by recent support. Welcome to our world! We’ve all been suffering from it for years.

I’m grateful for what the Swans have done for the club. But I don’t like the ‘guilt trip’ tone this article has to it. And it’s not an angle which will make any difference to our attendances! They came into this with their eyes wide open (or should have). Our club is going to take a hell of a lot longer than 9 months to turn around.

As for the artificial pitch, this is one of the best investments that could be made for our club. It will bring in big money.

Studleys 3G pitch is currently booked solid every night during the week. It probably pulls in £700-£800 per night, every midweek night of the week during the football season. Added onto the pitch hire, is the money from players coming into the club house before and after sessions to spend behind the bar.

The simple fact is that NO CLUB AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL can survive on gates receipts alone. Off field income is vital. But the club has to offer something off the field that will get the people of Redditch to spend their own money. An artificial pitch will do this, race nights won’t.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:21 pm

del boy wrote:

Studleys 3G pitch is currently booked solid every night during the week. It probably pulls in £700-£800 per night, every midweek night of the week during the football season. Added onto the pitch hire, is the money from players coming into the club house before and after sessions to spend behind the bar.

The simple fact is that NO CLUB AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL can survive on gates receipts alone. Off field income is vital. But the club has to offer something off the field that will get the people of Redditch to spend their own money. An artificial pitch will do this, race nights won’t.

^This.

Also the comment about the lack of help sits firmly with the club I am afraid..... They should be doing more to engage with the fans to ask for help and volunteers as I am sure there are a number of people out there who would be more than willing to help out.

Even Mrs Moor may get her apron on and get in the kitchen Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:24 pm

where is this 3g pitch going to be? does it replace the main pitch? or does it replace the "back pitch"? if the main pitch where do we stand with the F.A? if the back pitch where do we stand with the council and the youth teams that use it for training and matches? im sure its been thought about but just not mentioned
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Leethall wrote:
del boy wrote:

^This.

Also the comment about the lack of help sits firmly with the club I am afraid..... They should be doing more to engage with the fans to ask for help and volunteers as I am sure there are a number of people out there who would be more than willing to help out.

Even Mrs Moor may get her apron on and get in the kitchen Very Happy
imagine that "do you want onions with your burger? by the way i hate graham hyde" might work the more i think about it, remember when you went into petes cafe on unicorn hill and he took the p out of your mate youd go back the next week hoping hed do the same again, people would come down and listen to mrs moor slagging sir graham off
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

The pitch would be behind the goal at the canopy end.
I think the concrete perimeter can be extended backwards to accomodate a full size 3G pitch.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:The pitch would be behind the goal at the canopy end.
I think the concrete perimeter can be extended backwards to accomodate a full size 3G pitch.

Not so, I'm afraid:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=52.308101,-1.952198&spn=0.001922,0.00567&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:05 am

The best place for it would be the back pitches it that's available to build on.

I think ALL training for ALL teams should be on it, ALL matches for all the youth, girls and whoever else and the first team pitch should be kept for first team matches only. That way when there isn't a game on it, it can be worked on and improved! Plus you can't play F.A Cup or Trophy games on there either...

It'll aslo pay for itself after a few years but it needs a strict "no metal studs" policy and if it's kept clean it will be a great asset for the club!

I've recently been thinking about doing a groundsmanship course so i could do the first team pitch... and maybe one day be as boring as Fenners! Senile study Wink
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 am

There doesn’t appear to be enough room behind the bottom goal to build anything more than a couple of mini pitches. Directly behind the Main Stand seems to be the obvious location. The 3G pitch will then have easy access to the changing rooms and the club house.

It will be interesting to hear what the Council has to say. As far as I’m aware, there is some kind of covenant protecting the Terry’s Fields. Whether that will allow for this development, I don’t know. Then, there will be the NIMBYs to get past!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 am

del boy wrote: Then, there will be the NIMBYs to get past!

NIMBY's - Like it Laughing Laughing
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Having the public make use of club owned facilities is the only way the club will move forward, the pitch sounds like it would be a great move in the right direction.

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

I took it that they was going to dig the pitch up and put it in the ground! Makes sense floodlights, changing rooms, secure, and they could ground share to?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:52 pm

At work today, a colleague of mine commented on this article. He is not a Redditch fan. Indeed, he doesn’t even like football. But he read the article and thought it had some rather strange and negative quotes from the club. I wonder how many other casual readers thought the same?

As for the current focus on hiring out the function room, I agree 100% on how important this is for the club. So I find it rather strange that there is nothing about it on the official website. We need a page dedicated to function room hire. It needs to include a description of the facilities, the rates, nice photos etc. An advert for the function room needs to be prominent on the home page! We’ve got a website, so lets use it!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 pm

redditch born wrote:I took it that they was going to dig the pitch up and put it in the ground! Makes sense floodlights, changing rooms, secure, and they could ground share to?

I think that 3G / 4G / 5G pitches are the way forward. The FA do not.

Installing a modern artificial pitch at The Valley would mean that we could not be promoted any higher than we are now. Nor would we be allowed to play home games in the FA Cup or FA Trophy.

These pitches are approved by FIFA ( the FIFA approved pitches at least). They are used in many professional leagues, particularly across northern Europe. They are allowed in the Champions League. England have played on one in Moscow for an international qualifier. But they aren’t good enough for The FA.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Unusually for Jenko I think the way the article is worded has confused people.I've had 3 calls today asking if it's the main pitch that is being dug up.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 pm

i read in the papers a couple of months ago that the fa were looking into lower league clubs having a 3g pitch and they were going to publish its findings in december. the way i read it was to allow clubs as high as league 1 to have it as their main pitch, therfore bringing in much needed revenue, as im getting on might have misread it Senile
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Agree with Dell Boy, the function suite has to advertised on the clubs web site along with photos, prices etc.
Pretty basic stuff really.

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 pm

I found parts of the article a little strange. A poor turnout for a race night prompted a consideration of selling the club? Instead of moaning, wouldn't it be better to ask why there was a poor turnout? Was it the wrong type of event? Wrong time of year? Of course not, it was those pesky supporters who decided to give it a swerve. They should have found £30,£40 or £more just before Christmas. The same supporters who on average had a pay rise of 0.4% across the West Midlands last year http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16145339 whilst inflation is running at 5%. If the club is not getting enough fans through the turnstiles then think about why, don't just slate them in the press. Can you imagine the Chairman of a struggling retail business saying "it's not our fault, it's the fault of the customers!" The working man is being squeezed from all sides at the moment. Not much can be done about food inflation, gas and electricity and petrol as they are the necessities of day to day life.
However much passion some may feel for the club, the fact remains it is a luxury. At times like these, luxuries are the first things to be cut back on. That's why retailers such as Comet are struggling. An 11% hike in admission prices won't help either. So I think a little more understanding and a little less criticism of supporters who are really feeling the pinch would be more appropriate. I'm starting to sense a feeling of alienation creep in and we've been down that route before!!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I understand the comments from Sallie.

If I arranged a birthday...room, DJ, food etc and no-one turned up...(well except Rowly & Bonehead)...I would be pretty pissed and the next time I saw my friends/family, I would bloody well tell them.

I agree, the race night was wrong timing...poor communication (email stuck in spam as sent with no title)..blah, blah, blah...but why wouldn't we expect a reaction from the club after investing 250k of their money into our club?

I have worked with Mr Swan over the years, I know how hard this guy works for his money....so why not tell people they are pissed? I would be too!

This club has been dead for too long....you don't wake it up with a small poke.....you have to kick, kick and kick again.

It's nice to see some passion and action from the owners (3G pitch etc) instead of plenty of talk and no action....what I have seen for years

Onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Why dont we just ask Mr or Mrs Swan? I will but fear I wont get a answer or at least one I dont want to hear.....
I can see a vision for the futuer of the Redditch ground? 3g pitch used 5 times a day, a gym open 24hrs a day, coffee shop, a sports acadamy, school trips to the football museum showing how Redditch use to play bsn???? I can see it now full to the rafters every day!!!!!
You all use to think the sun shined out of his!!!!!!!! I again are telling you never never never ever let him buy the ground!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Fear not Marley, there would be little chance of me attending such an event. I seem to remember you slating Rowley as just sticking up for his mucker when he was critical of the sacking of Sockett and Smith. I'm sure your previous relationship with Chris Swan has no bearing on your continual defence of anything the club does.
What's all this talk of being pissed? I'm sure a drink hasn't been taken. Enough already, as you say over there.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 pm

I have worked with Mr Swan over the years, I know how hard this guy works for his money....so why not tell people they are pissed? I would be too!

Bob your a dark horse!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Mr Swan took a dying company and turned it in to the most successful automotive aftermarket company in the UK...did he do it being nice to everyone?

Cue all knuckleheads....'football isn't a business'......yeah, right.

Bonehead...it wasn't a compliment!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next