Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spending Wisely

3 posters

Go down

Spending Wisely Empty Spending Wisely

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:48 am

One thing that regularly crops up when the cost of running the club is discussed is the cost per hour of having the floodlights on -the figure that seems to be metioned is £120 per hour.

I'm not going to get my calculator out and work out if this is correct but if it is I cannot see how the club can justify having the lights on for Tuesday and Thursday night training sessions in the winter months - the occassions I have been in the area the Floodlights have been on - when finances are tight.

If if only a proportion of the lights are on for say 5 hours across 2 nights this would suggest to me it is costing the club a minimum of £350/week, if all are on £700 a week.

If this is correct it would seem that using the Abbey Stadium or hiring some other facility may be cost effective perhaps saving a minimum of £100 week and some wear and tear to the pitch - I will assume any money taken buy players buying drinks afterwards only offsets the clubhouse lighting and heating used for these nights.

Also for the basis of this post I do not believe that training on the pitch provides any measurable 'home' benefit v training elsewhere.

Whilst the clubhouse may still need to be used for meetings, I would be interested to know if anyone is aware if an assessment of potential cost benefits of training elsewhere has been made.......or is it to easy to say every facility is fully booked!

Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Spending Wisely Empty Re: Spending Wisely

Post  Leethall Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:36 am

Captain Carlin wrote:One thing that regularly crops up when the cost of running the club is discussed is the cost per hour of having the floodlights on -the figure that seems to be metioned is £120 per hour.

I'm not going to get my calculator out and work out if this is correct but if it is I cannot see how the club can justify having the lights on for Tuesday and Thursday night training sessions in the winter months - the occassions I have been in the area the Floodlights have been on - when finances are tight.

If if only a proportion of the lights are on for say 5 hours across 2 nights this would suggest to me it is costing the club a minimum of £350/week, if all are on £700 a week.

If this is correct it would seem that using the Abbey Stadium or hiring some other facility may be cost effective perhaps saving a minimum of £100 week and some wear and tear to the pitch - I will assume any money taken buy players buying drinks afterwards only offsets the clubhouse lighting and heating used for these nights.

Also for the basis of this post I do not believe that training on the pitch provides any measurable 'home' benefit v training elsewhere.

Whilst the clubhouse may still need to be used for meetings, I would be interested to know if anyone is aware if an assessment of potential cost benefits of training elsewhere has been made.......or is it to easy to say every facility is fully booked!

Fair point that! The comment about places being booked up is likely to be they will be!

The other element for the club to consider is switching the gas & Leccy to another supplier. Maybe Mr Piley from Fleeetwood Mac would do us a deal Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:20 am

I've talked to the club on this previously..you have to' block book' sessions at The Abbey Stadium and we missed a few sessions that were paid for on Tuesdays because of scheduled and re- scheduled matches. As it's a block booking it was paid for but not used. Given the fact also that the council in poor weather could cancel any session,plus Thursday training was being marketed to get the fans down to watch the team train and have a jar it was decided to come back to the home of football.
Only half the floodlights are used at home anyway on training nights. Might explain why we are stronger on one side of the pitch than the other. Crying with laughter
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 am

porrohman wrote: I've talked to the club on this previously..you have to' block book' sessions at The Abbey Stadium and we missed a few sessions that were paid for on Tuesdays because of scheduled and re- scheduled matches. As it's a block booking it was paid for but not used. Given the fact also that the council in poor weather could cancel any session,plus Thursday training was being marketed to get the fans down to watch the team train and have a jar it was decided to come back to the home of football.
Only half the floodlights are used at home anyway on training nights. Might explain why we are stronger on one side of the pitch than the other. Crying with laughter

Really I thought all we had was something straight down the middle hoofball stylee Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 am

That would have been the temporary lights behind each goal when the main lights failed! sunny
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum