Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

+11
rawlings09
in2thevalley
Bob Marley
Tommo
Mrs Moor
Hitchin_Brian
mattim
Tim_S
porrohman
Leethall
fingers
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock - Page 2 Empty Re: We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 am

rawlings09 wrote:This season has been a massive learning curve for Chris Swan, i don't care what people say, it's remarkable how he's turned the club round in 1 full season. You can't blame him for the first relegation atall, we were already dead and burried by the time he took over, then the 10 point deduction confirmed it.

I don't think any of us on here will say to Chris "Sack Graham, he's out of his depth and he'll drag us down because Mrs. Moor said so" I suggest you find an email adress or a telephone number and advise him...

We're all just fans at the end of the day.

You really should learn to read my friend, i never posted anything about sacking Graham Hyde.

Did you read my post or do you have your own agenda, i see Graham as an Asset he's a name and just a little out of his depth at the moment. I think he was more than naughty with his actions towards others but he will have gained experience and he probably wishes he could turn the clock back.

He needs a sideways move and the club should bring in experience at this level, Graham should work with the team and learn the ropes and then when he has a bit more knowledge of players and what to expect from players at this level he can try again.

I don't wish anyone the sack and i certainly would not campaign for anyone to be sacked.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock - Page 2 Empty Re: We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

Post  nevergreen Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:05 am

this cant be robin, i never though he had too much to say, more of a 'yes' man imo.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 am

has anyone read the Hitchin forum, they loved us!!! best fans they have seen all season hahaha
They also praised afro as our best player. Hopefully the anti afro brigade will finally get on board now Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 am

in2thevalley wrote:
Poor Tommo seeing his afro wig flying out the coach on the motorway thanks to Batesy!! We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock - Page 2 1834 We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock - Page 2 1834

not impressed. Im going to have to get my spare tommy wig out for evesham Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 am

Let's put into perspective all of the feedback on yesterday being a good performance, Tommy playing well etc. we lost again and the reason is we do not have a goalscorer. This has been the problem all season for all management teams who have been in situ and could well be the achiles heel for this season.

Good performances are not what is required at the business part of the season I am afraid, why spout £400 a week on Hendrie when you could easily find 2 strikers who can score goals? Simples, for as well Warmer may have played (& others) we lost. Evesham have 2 decent strikers who on paper look like they will score more goals than what we have.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 am

its ok everyone saying how well we played but at the end of the day we still finished pointless,as for lee hendrie if you didnt know he was ex prem player you would not have noticed on the pitch,yes he played the odd good ball but so did the rest of the team.i would have thought as leethall says would the money not have been better spent on someone who can score some goals for us as that seems to be where our problem lies.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 am

Mrs Moor wrote:

i see Graham as an Asset he's a name and just a little out of his depth at the moment. I think he was more than naughty with his actions towards others but he will have gained experience and he probably wishes he could turn the clock back.

He needs a sideways move and the club should bring in experience at this level, Graham should work with the team and learn the ropes and then when he has a bit more knowledge of players and what to expect from players at this level he can try again.

I don't wish anyone the sack and i certainly would not campaign for anyone to be sacked.

Shocked Surprised Shocked You've changed your tune!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:Tell me then WHAT WOULD YOU DO to change the situation at Redditch. Its all vey well to castigate people, but unfortunately you never have any sound explanations on this matter. I would like you to clarify, as to why, you are against messrs Hyde and Swann and everything they do or try.

The way I see it is ………………….

The initial plan was to build a side of local players who did not cost an arm or a leg and that clearly reflected the position the club found itself in. Players would be attracted to the club not for the money but for the quality on offer behind the scenes and the opportunity to shine at a higher standard of football. People were put in place to reflect the clubs position and on paper things looked well thought out. If you cast your mind back the club had quite a formidable structure in place one would almost have believed the Swans had read the Howard Wilkinson guide to football.

However a cancer was operating within the structure, a big time Charlie was unhappy at his lowly position away from first team affairs and began to work against that structure from within. He felt he could do so much better with his Premier League experience and slowly but surely all grassroots were removed from the football club and the rest is history. The club sank from an early top ten league position with promise to an almost fixed bottom six position with very little promise and a hit and hop strategy.

With the solid foundation and early structure removed the club were forced to increase the budget and go on a frantic alleged loan signing spending spree in order to halt the slide or cover up the basic inadequacies of the manager, take your pick.

I have always been in favour of spending money, Swan’s whole logic was to improve the club so dipping his hand into his own pocket would only seem fair especially after the mid – season price hike, which is unheard of within football and makes one wonder about who is running the clubs finances surely this could have waited until a new season. Or was this yet another desperate move to cover the Managers now spiraling outgoings.

This still failed to have the desired effect simply because the players signed on the whole were not good enough and telephone football is always fraught with danger, would you buy anything over the phone without taking a good look first.

Now as a poor last resort we have gone down the George Best, Gazza route, the club has managed to attract the local washed up has been with a string of poor decisions behind him in order to save their season. A truly pathetic move and a total waste of good money a sign of how clueless the club has now become clutching at any old straw on a wing and a prayer.

The club is on an expensive downward spiral there simply is no good news under Hyde because he is out of his comfort zone and frankly a little bizarre. You ask what I would do, well I would repair the damage for starters.

Hyde needs a sideways move into a position away from the first team, by now he surely knows that those who went before did not deserve the criticism he threw in their direction and one would hope to see a more understand figure in the future. I would get someone in with a history of understanding the league and who understands players at this level and I would move forward.

Swan needs to sort out the mess he has created and if it were a business it would be heading for insolvency because instead of attracting a growing support under Hyde the club has had the opposite effect. Time for Swan to stand up and be counted by showing the supporters he is serious about taking the club forward. If he does stick with Hyde then I suggest you will need a fourth budget increase for any success.

So you have asked what I would do, clearly I would ask Swan to stand up and be counted. You have now had two seasons of farce under his watch, it’s time he sorted himself out.

On the other hand some people think this season has built a SOLID FOUNDATION so you may agree with them, i notice after watching his first game (with the new superstar in place) someone has had very little to say about the Budget v Crowd subject and how signing a waster fits in with the status quo. Over to you Steve

Am I to presume, that after being asked to say what MM would do, and replying with such an interesting read as above, most of you agree?
I for one cant say he is too wide of the mark, and if the only 2 childish replies Porrohman can muster are; its not been 2 seasons.... and he likes watching hit and hop football..... I think that speaks volumes. A minor technical error and a typing error.
Id like to read some other members views/comments of such length that only get pulled up for a minor and a typo!

For what its worth I agree with almost all of it.
The early season plan and structure have been swept away by a tide of blind stupidness and eventual panic, started off by Swan seemingly love struck with ex pro Hyde and all he says and does! Jees Chris there are hundreds of ex pros floating around the circuit, whats SO special about this one, because so far I see nothing from him to be deemed special!
Talk about the plan/structure changes, talk about the mystery sackings and grasping at publicity straws, talk about the dire footballing performances, talk about the price increase, talk about the lack of points, talk about the falling crowds, talk about the early season hopes compared to the end of season reality, talk about the ridiculous signings in the last month.......... OR if its all a little too close for comfort..... talk about a small technical error or a spelling mistake instead. Rolling Eyes
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 am

Personally I agree with most of what Mrs Moor said in that post to be honest.

From the outside looking in that is how the situation has come across to me.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:35 am

There are elements in Mrs Rowly's post I'm sure we all agree with.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:20 am

My view on the footballing side is that there has been to much change in personnel and a lack of being able to play different styles which makes us 1 dimensional.

There are a number of players who are not good enough, we have relied to heavily on Loan Players and we have had a shocking season because the management team have not rectified the biggest problem, this being a lack of a proven goalscorer being signed.

And for the record I agree with points of MM's and Rowley's posts.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:32 am

Mrs Moor, I take on board what you have written, and you do make some interesting and commendable points.

With regards to Hyde who you feel needs a sideways move into a position away from the first team, who would you suggest? I have my views on this. ( if graham were to move sideways, I personally would choose Simon Redhead, who IMO did a very good job under the difficult circumstance he encountered under the previous regime,and was not given a chance to show what he could do given a playing budget)

Do you know for a fact what the criticism he threw in their direction? By this I am not knocking or mocking you, I simply ask a question.

Personally I would like to see the club with a squad of 17/18 players, therein lies the fabric of consistency which is unfortanetly lacking in the lower leagues. Having a nucleus of set amount of players would benefit any chance of moving up the league/ promotion and cup runs etc etc.

Start the team with the "spine" Gk, centre back, centre midfield, and a proven centre forward. Then build around them to form the foundation of what hopefully would become a winning team.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:48 pm

The game v Hitchen

The team set up was spot on in my book....Luke leading the line and Lee sat just behind.
Tommy sat in and controlled the game.

I watched Hyde from our 1st half position behind the dugouts....great coaching, encouragement, positional advise etc...edge of the technical area, on his feet all game.

We played quick, one/two touch football and any other game could have been 3 up before their deflected goal.

Continued to play patient football 2nd half, keep ball and absolutely no hoof all.

Perfect timing for substitution with Jimmy notching after 5 minutes.

Their goalkeeper pulled off 4 top saves and was the sponsors man of the match.

Hyde came to speak to all the traveling supporters after the game and discussed the game, tactics etc.

OK, it was 1 game........but what I saw was not in line with the continued slagging off of GH.
Shocked
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:20 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:Tell me then WHAT WOULD YOU DO to change the situation at Redditch. Its all vey well to castigate people, but unfortunately you never have any sound explanations on this matter. I would like you to clarify, as to why, you are against messrs Hyde and Swann and everything they do or try.

The way I see it is ………………….

The initial plan was to build a side of local players who did not cost an arm or a leg and that clearly reflected the position the club found itself in. Players would be attracted to the club not for the money but for the quality on offer behind the scenes and the opportunity to shine at a higher standard of football. People were put in place to reflect the clubs position and on paper things looked well thought out. If you cast your mind back the club had quite a formidable structure in place one would almost have believed the Swans had read the Howard Wilkinson guide to football.

However a cancer was operating within the structure, a big time Charlie was unhappy at his lowly position away from first team affairs and began to work against that structure from within. He felt he could do so much better with his Premier League experience and slowly but surely all grassroots were removed from the football club and the rest is history. The club sank from an early top ten league position with promise to an almost fixed bottom six position with very little promise and a hit and hop strategy.

With the solid foundation and early structure removed the club were forced to increase the budget and go on a frantic alleged loan signing spending spree in order to halt the slide or cover up the basic inadequacies of the manager, take your pick.

I have always been in favour of spending money, Swan’s whole logic was to improve the club so dipping his hand into his own pocket would only seem fair especially after the mid – season price hike, which is unheard of within football and makes one wonder about who is running the clubs finances surely this could have waited until a new season. Or was this yet another desperate move to cover the Managers now spiraling outgoings.

This still failed to have the desired effect simply because the players signed on the whole were not good enough and telephone football is always fraught with danger, would you buy anything over the phone without taking a good look first.

Now as a poor last resort we have gone down the George Best, Gazza route, the club has managed to attract the local washed up has been with a string of poor decisions behind him in order to save their season. A truly pathetic move and a total waste of good money a sign of how clueless the club has now become clutching at any old straw on a wing and a prayer.

The club is on an expensive downward spiral there simply is no good news under Hyde because he is out of his comfort zone and frankly a little bizarre. You ask what I would do, well I would repair the damage for starters.

Hyde needs a sideways move into a position away from the first team, by now he surely knows that those who went before did not deserve the criticism he threw in their direction and one would hope to see a more understand figure in the future. I would get someone in with a history of understanding the league and who understands players at this level and I would move forward.

Swan needs to sort out the mess he has created and if it were a business it would be heading for insolvency because instead of attracting a growing support under Hyde the club has had the opposite effect. Time for Swan to stand up and be counted by showing the supporters he is serious about taking the club forward. If he does stick with Hyde then I suggest you will need a fourth budget increase for any success.

So you have asked what I would do, clearly I would ask Swan to stand up and be counted. You have now had two seasons of farce under his watch, it’s time he sorted himself out.

On the other hand some people think this season has built a SOLID FOUNDATION so you may agree with them, i notice after watching his first game (with the new superstar in place) someone has had very little to say about the Budget v Crowd subject and how signing a waster fits in with the status quo. Over to you Steve

Am I to presume, that after being asked to say what MM would do, and replying with such an interesting read as above, most of you agree?
I for one cant say he is too wide of the mark, and if the only 2 childish replies Porrohman can muster are; its not been 2 seasons.... and he likes watching hit and hop football..... I think that speaks volumes. A minor technical error and a typing error.
Id like to read some other members views/comments of such length that only get pulled up for a minor and a typo!

For what its worth I agree with almost all of it.
The early season plan and structure have been swept away by a tide of blind stupidness and eventual panic, started off by Swan seemingly love struck with ex pro Hyde and all he says and does! Jees Chris there are hundreds of ex pros floating around the circuit, whats SO special about this one, because so far I see nothing from him to be deemed special!
Talk about the plan/structure changes, talk about the mystery sackings and grasping at publicity straws, talk about the dire footballing performances, talk about the price increase, talk about the lack of points, talk about the falling crowds, talk about the early season hopes compared to the end of season reality, talk about the ridiculous signings in the last month.......... OR if its all a little too close for comfort..... talk about a small technical error or a spelling mistake instead. Rolling Eyes

Rowly...for the record...do you still stand by your comments?

In my brief exposure to the club this season, I saw 3 great games of football, over 50 Reds having a great day at Hitchin, large crowd v Evesham, great team spirit, great discussions with the Chairman and Manager, planning for next season....pretty damn good in my book.

The Reds are on the up.....now admit you was wrong.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Rowly...for the record...do you still stand by your comments?

In my brief exposure to the club this season, I saw 3 great games of football, over 50 Reds having a great day at Hitchin, large crowd v Evesham, great team spirit, great discussions with the Chairman and Manager, planning for next season....pretty damn good in my book.

Of course I stand by my comments!!
Pretty damn good in your book? Why??
Look.. im delighted we have avoided relegation... and IF when Swanny came in he pointed at avoiding relegation as a target Id agree with your comments. But he didnt, so thus making your comments rather silly!
Its been an awful season!
Next season can surely only get better!
I think we need a new manager though, sooner rather than later
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Rowly...for the record...do you still stand by your comments?

Of course I stand by my comments!!
Pretty damn good in your book? Why??
Look.. im delighted we have avoided relegation... and IF when Swanny came in he pointed at avoiding relegation as a target Id agree with your comments. But he didnt, so thus making your comments rather silly!
Its been an awful season!
Next season can surely only get better!
I think we need a new manager though, sooner rather than later

So Rowly...you expected the Chairman to announce that avoiding relegation after the last relegation was the target for this season?

Are you serious?

That would have been a great message to supporters, potential sponsors etc...

The only time that message is given by a Chairman is when teams get promoted to the Premier League..that is because everyone knows and understands the massive gulf in terms of everything.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knew this was going to be a massive task, especially after the early season mistakes.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:44 am

Bob Marley wrote:
So Rowly...you expected the Chairman to announce that avoiding relegation after the last relegation was the target for this season?

Are you serious?

That would have been a great message to supporters, potential sponsors etc...

The only time that message is given by a Chairman is when teams get promoted to the Premier League..that is because everyone knows and understands the massive gulf in terms of everything.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knew this was going to be a massive task, especially after the early season mistakes.

So are you suggesting it was a stroke of genius by Swan to dupe everybody at the start, and bullshit everybody throughout the season...... Hmmm clever

New chairman takes over... knows what hes on about and tells the truth to fans who know how football works....
or
New chairman takes over, hasnt much of an idea, thinks its going to be easier than it actually is..... and gets it spectacularly wrong!

Steve youve opened yourself wide open here im afraid ..... if swan said it was January youd believe him wouldnt you!
So now all these sponsors you mention.... how do you think they're going to be feeling if what youre saying gets out too far and they realise theyve been bullshitted to..just to get on board and extract money from?
Good move Swan
Better move Marley! clown
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 am

I think you will find many more sponsors now than since the Rod Laight days....please correct me of I am wrong?

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

Bob Marley wrote:I think you will find many more sponsors now than since the Rod Laight days....please correct me of I am wrong?

where on earth is this relevant to what we were talking about clown
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum