Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen - Service

+6
RUFC
lewism5964
Red86
in2thevalley
redditch born
Leethall
10 posters

Go down

Kitchen - Service Empty Kitchen - Service

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:13 am

I have to raise a comment in that the kitchen service the last few games has been nothing but short of poor. Yesterday it took 10 minutes for me to get a cup of coffee when the queue had 4 people in front of me so I missed 7 minutes of on field action when the Reds were kicking down to the Canope End. I therefore missed the Hendrie chance.

This has been the same for the last 3/4 home games but it has not been so much of a problem as the crowd has been low (late 100's). Come yesterday with a decent crowd in it was just plain shocking in that the service was slow, seemed to be no organisation and probably meant that the club have missed out making more money as people did not bother. The Danny Le Roux at half time never seemed to move and even though I was Hank Marvin I did not bother having my usual Hot Dog.

Hopefully the club will look into this and hopefully improve the service times so they can make money out of willing punters. If it continues like it has the last few games then people will not bother.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Kitchen - Service Empty Re: Kitchen - Service

Post  redditch born Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 am

Wanted to buy Rowly a hot dog gave up after 10 min
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 pm

redditch born wrote:Wanted to buy Rowly a hot dog gave up after 10 min

You had enough time to pop to Maccy D's for him Smile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 am

I will make enquiries about the white kiosk situated down by the canopy end, as see why thaat has only been

open twice this season.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Red86 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 am

The price of the food in there aswell £2.95 for a burger,Also why dont they sell pies Redditch used to have great pies

Red86
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am

Red86 wrote:The price of the food in there aswell £2.95 for a burger,Also why dont they sell pies Redditch used to have great pies

Good point mate, Balti Pies Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 am

Haha why are they still advertised when they don't sell them or has that sign been taken down now?
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:32 am

lewism5964 wrote:Haha why are they still advertised when they don't sell them or has that sign been taken down now?

Think it has been taken down mate! Pies should definitely be back on the menu, Meat and Potato would be great on a cold day!

Not sure why but the fuckoffee's are now the size of an Expresso from Starbucks/Costa now and still 90p!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Red86 Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 am

Pies should be on the menu at every football ground The Valley is the first one i have been to that does not sell them! Head against wall

Red86
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 am

Red86 wrote:Pies should be on the menu at every football ground The Valley is the first one i have been to that does not sell them! Head against wall

Very Happy

Agreed Sir, Pies are great.

Kiddy has the best food at any football ground I have been to, Pies, Cottage Pie, Homemade Soup, Roast Pork Baps. If only Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

Leethall wrote:
Red86 wrote:Pies should be on the menu at every football ground The Valley is the first one i have been to that does not sell them! Head against wall

Very Happy

Kiddy has the best food at any football ground I have been to, Pies, Cottage Pie, Homemade Soup, Roast Pork Baps. If only Very Happy

Have you tried them? Look good worse tasting food ever had at a ground 4 of us had a burger every one thrown away! Tea is that powdered crap!! And if memory severs me right very expensive
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Food was much improved yesterday. I know Leethal was moaning (nothing new there I hear you say) about his coffee. But service and quality was very good.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:33 pm

redditch born wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Very Happy

Have you tried them? Look good worse tasting food ever had at a ground 4 of us had a burger every one thrown away! Tea is that powdered crap!! And if memory severs me right very expensive

Cottage Pie and gravy everytime. Is about £4 I think if memory serves me right. Superb, never had a burger or anything as always have that.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RUFC Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 am

As some of you are aware the Kitchen has been a bit chaotic the last couple of weeks, this is due to the Club being let down and us having to rely on Volunteers over the last couple of games. We are in the process of getting this put right and we apologise for any inconvenience including leethal's small coffee.
In reply to why has the white wagon not been used?, two reasons, 1 lack of volunteers (feel free to offer your services) and 2 we can not cook in there so by the time the food is cooked and sent down there it is not of a standard we expect.
It is worth remembering that the Kitchen was not even used and not bringing income to the club until the take over, it is now a good source of club income and will improve along with the other facilities over time.
The Kitchen gets used at least 3 times a week (not just 1st team games) and we get a lot of compliments.

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 am

Re white wagon...I think it should be a drinks only establishment. Get an urn in there.Tea, coffee. Bovril. Bingo.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 am

RUFC wrote:As some of you are aware the Kitchen has been a bit chaotic the last couple of weeks, this is due to the Club being let down and us having to rely on Volunteers over the last couple of games. We are in the process of getting this put right and we apologise for any inconvenience including leethal's small coffee.
In reply to why has the white wagon not been used?, two reasons, 1 lack of volunteers (feel free to offer your services) and 2 we can not cook in there so by the time the food is cooked and sent down there it is not of a standard we expect.
It is worth remembering that the Kitchen was not even used and not bringing income to the club until the take over, it is now a good source of club income and will improve along with the other facilities over time.
The Kitchen gets used at least 3 times a week (not just 1st team games) and we get a lot of compliments.

Eh, I think the coffee size has gone from a Venti, to a tall to an Expresso Wink

Did not try any food, intrigued what it is like but looks like I will not get chance to try it until next season now.

Good luck.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

porrohman wrote:Re white wagon...I think it should be a drinks only establishment. Get an urn in there.Tea, coffee. Bovril. Bingo.

Indeed, add in J20's, Chocolate Buttons & Curly Wuly's and you can cater for the kids and Cedar Road Crew Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:46 pm

porrohman wrote:Re white wagon...I think it should be a drinks only establishment. Get an urn in there.Tea, coffee. Bovril. Bingo.

Now that summer is 'apparently' approaching, could we not sell beer there too in plastics?
You'd earn a killing from the Cedar Road lot alone!
Might push a few more out of the club house and into the stands during the game too.
Cans and bottles poured into plastic cups.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:51 pm

RUFC wrote:

Then perhaps it could be moved to sit next to the main kitchen? It would then be quick and easy to transfer food across and could be used only when there is a larger than normal crowd. And rather than rely on volunteers, can the club not hire 2/3 teenagers on minimum wage?

To be honest, I think some of the recent criticism on here has been harsh. I don’t think anyone expected such a good crowd for the Evesham game, so it’s not surprising that the service was slower than normal. I regularly use the snack bar and have not had any real issues. Yes, the food is normally poor quality and over priced…but I expect nothing else whenever I buy food at a football match…anywhere!

My only complaint (and this is a long term thing) is that the snack bar is forever running out of chips. As soon as they are cooked, they are often gone immediately. Some more deep fat fryers would go down well!

And yes, I agree we should sell pies. Easy to prepare in advance, easy to store and serve quickly, and of course tasty!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:53 pm

And with tea, coffee etc being sold here, it would ease the queues at the kitchen.
Just a thought.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am

I remember at Leamington, they have sepeate bars for food and drink, still massive queues at each...

But the white wagon does need to be utilised, perhaps when a bigger crowd is anticipated.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 am

To be fair that Leamington game had a huge crowd and like Leethall has said about the Leamington Ground being freezing in the past I agree with him, that game is the coldest I have ever been at a football match. So it was probably busy because of so many people queueing up to get a hot drink!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:46 pm

lewism5964 wrote:To be fair that Leamington game had a huge crowd and like Leethall has said about the Leamington Ground being freezing in the past I agree with him, that game is the coldest I have ever been at a football match. So it was probably busy because of so many people queueing up to get a hot drink!

It is mate, I have even been there for a pre season friendly between Leamongton & Cheltenham & it was freezing!

Definitely a good idea to serve hot drinks & confectionary from the Canope!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down