Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are 3G pitches really that popular?

4 posters

Go down

Are 3G pitches really that popular? Empty Are 3G pitches really that popular?

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18285716

I guess a lot of people thought they were better than they actually are, not much support from leagues 1 and 2, players, fans and officials by the looks of it!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Are 3G pitches really that popular? Empty Re: Are 3G pitches really that popular?

Post  del boy Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:42 am

These pitches are not popular with clubs because they block promotion and progress. This is the real issue, not the quality or the benefits of the pitches themselves.

This will have the same knock on effect in the Conference. Their clubs will not be interested if it prevents progression into the football league.

This decision will be a massive blow to Redditch United.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Are 3G pitches really that popular? Empty Re: Are 3G pitches really that popular?

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 am

That's the sacrifice you make when installing a 3g pitch as a first team pitch, sacrificing promotion, bigger crowds and more money and the f.a cup potential for an income stream and -£500,000 out of the bank account (however much the pitches usually are)

Personally, for non-league clubs, for the sake of a few games called off, they're not worth having, no many non-league clubs have half a million anyway! let alone to use on a 3 pitch which may pay for itself over a period of what? 5 years? whereas a good F.A cup run would keep alot of teams going for alot longer.

I can see why not many lower league clubs want them Crying with laughter
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 am

Del is correct.

Clubs want these as they can maximise income by using the pitch/ground/clubhouse to increase revenue. In an ideal world you would have a facility like Studley have where you can have income from the pitch and from the bar.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

rawlings09 wrote:

Personally, for non-league clubs, for the sake of a few games called off, they're not worth having, no many non-league clubs have half a million anyway! let alone to use on a 3 pitch which may pay for itself over a period of what? 5 years? whereas a good F.A cup run would keep alot of teams going for alot longer.

Reducing the chance of games being called off because of bad weather is not the only reason!!!!!!! A 3G pitch can generate revenues of 2k-3k per week, plus income from regular use of the clubhouse.

How often do we have money spinning FA Cup runs? Once every….. never!! Do you really think that the unlikely chance of a good FA Cup run is really better than regular, guaranteed income?

rawlings09 wrote:

"However, discussions at the meeting in Portugal on Thursday revealed a 13-11 majority in favour of artificial surfaces in League Two."

This is a quote from the link that you provided. This vote is hardly "not many".
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am

del boy wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Reducing the chance of games being called off because of bad weather is not the only reason!!!!!!! A 3G pitch can generate revenues of 2k-3k per week, plus income from regular use of the clubhouse.

How often do we have money spinning FA Cup runs? Once every….. never!! Do you really think that the unlikely chance of a good FA Cup run is really better than regular, guaranteed income?

rawlings09 wrote:

"However, discussions at the meeting in Portugal on Thursday revealed a 13-11 majority in favour of artificial surfaces in League Two."

This is a quote from the link that you provided. This vote is hardly "not many".

Guarunteed income? There's already 2 clubs in the localish area with a 3g facility... so there's 2 competitors already! Say the rugby club gets one, then the hockey club? Ours won't make as much if people aren't using it!

I agree that it's unlikely that we'll get a good cup run year in, year out, but it's nice to have that option... Redditch United Vs Kettering Town... 1101 on a tuesday night with very little advertising... imagine FC United of Manchester, saturday afternoon, more advertising etc, that would make more in 1 day than the 3g would in a week! Then should we win and progress, another home tie, first round propper... i know it's easily said but it could happen.

I'm not completely against them, but like leethal said, studley have the perfect setup there.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:03 pm

studley may seem to have the perfect set up with the 3g pitch but i dont think it is their pitch and i dont think that they get the revenue from it.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down