Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Signings?

+5
rawlings09
in2thevalley
del boy
Bob Marley
Leethall
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Signings? Empty New Signings?

Post  Leethall Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 am

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2012_2013/read_article/9953114.Redhead_aims_to_boost_team/

Looks like Jerome Murdoch is staying at Coalville as he played and scored in their trophy win today
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

New Signings? Empty Re: New Signings?

Post  Bob Marley Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Wow...I honestly believe the communication out of the club is at an all time low.. Sad

Even when the official website is updated, the grammar used is pathetic and looks childish.

Whats happened to the news letter? update from the Chairman? fixture list?
The Chairman complains about the gates and yet the most formal communication we have, doesn't even have a fixture list easy to get to?

With respect, I don't want a history lesson about AP Leamington....I want to know what players are coming/going/staying...I want comments from the manager/coaches...whats working well, what has to be improved.

Mr Swan has to understand that we have to have some connection with the players at this level....who wants to pay $10 to watch a team of strangers every week? Been there, done that...doesn't work.
I hear that some of the players don't even recognize the fans who travel and support the team from start to finish...shame on you Mr Redhead and Mr Swan for allowing this to happen.

I fear for the immediate future...basics are missing/ignored/not respected....numbers will fall rapidly with this kind of approach.

Wow...seems light years away from Mr Hyde's & Mr Hendrie's enthusiam/energy/team spirit/will to win Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Wow...I honestly believe the communication out of the club is at an all time low.. Sad

Even when the official website is updated, the grammar used is pathetic and looks childish.

Whats happened to the news letter? update from the Chairman? fixture list?
The Chairman complains about the gates and yet the most formal communication we have, doesn't even have a fixture list easy to get to?

With respect, I don't want a history lesson about AP Leamington....I want to know what players are coming/going/staying...I want comments from the manager/coaches...whats working well, what has to be improved.

Mr Swan has to understand that we have to have some connection with the players at this level....who wants to pay $10 to watch a team of strangers every week? Been there, done that...doesn't work.
I hear that some of the players don't even recognize the fans who travel and support the team from start to finish...shame on you Mr Redhead and Mr Swan for allowing this to happen.

I fear for the immediate future...basics are missing/ignored/not respected....numbers will fall rapidly with this kind of approach.

Wow...seems light years away from Mr Hyde's & Mr Hendrie's enthusiam/energy/team spirit/will to win Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

Spot on Bob. Think it is too late already when you are there week in week out I am afraid.

Just the basics to know what is happening with the first team are difficult find out I am afraid. Been the same all season
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 am

News on the official site.

http://www.redditchutdfc.co.uk/news/new-faces-on-redditch-united-board/

Perhaps some well needed help for the Swans? It must be difficult for them to manage the club, with what I assume is a busy life away from Redditch United!!

Anyway, despite the current on field problems, it's good to see that the club remains focused on improving the infrastructure. Regular updates on progress will be welcome, it helps to keep up the interest!

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am

Good news indeed.

I hope the guys are more than a suit....been there, done that..not worked.
Team RUFC is taking shape...good stuff...just the basics to get right now.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Good news indeed.

I hope the guys are more than a suit....been there, done that..not worked.
Team RUFC is taking shape...good stuff...just the basics to get right now.

Spot on Bob. Its all very well to talk the talk, but they need to walk the walk. As you say been there done that....
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Yup...

Always worries me seeing guys roll into town wearing suits and club ties.....not what the club needs.
What the club needs is 'back to basics'...get those right, in place and respected every day.

Sleeves rolled up, dirty things done properly, ideas implemented.

Then go to the end of season jollies in your RUFC tie.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm

From the official site:

Please find below a list of the forthcoming HOME fixtures. We have had to do re-arranging so the are a little different to the original programme – make sure you update your diary and don’t miss out!

School boy errors. Head against wall
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Yup...

Always worries me seeing guys roll into town wearing suits and club ties.....not what the club needs.
What the club needs is 'back to basics'...get those right, in place and respected every day.

Bob, did you bother to read the article?

Aarron Byng "has worked extensively with senior sides at the club and was behind this summer’s highly successful charity matches at the Valley Stadium".

David English "has also vast experience of junior football having managed a number of Redditch United’s sides".

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but at face value, these guys haven't just 'rolled into town', they have 'stepped up'.

What's with the instant scepticism? Give them a chance!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:23 pm

del boy wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Yup...

Bob, did you bother to read the article?

Aarron Byng "has worked extensively with senior sides at the club and was behind this summer’s highly successful charity matches at the Valley Stadium".

David English "has also vast experience of junior football having managed a number of Redditch United’s sides".

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but at face value, these guys haven't just 'rolled into town', they have 'stepped up'.

What's with the instant scepticism? Give them a chance!

Yes..I did the read the article.
Made me sceptical straight away.
Feeling I guess...plus years of experience.
Time will tell. Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am

It's about time that we had some new additions to the board!

I've said there's a lack of knowlege throughout the club, through no fault of Chris and Sallie as they're still learning the ropes, but it seems this issue has been dealt with!

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Having been to every home league game this season I am seriously contemplating taking my custom elsewhere. The £10 entrance gets very little entertainment and the match day experience is usually poor. What I mean here is that the kitchen service is slow, I bought a hot dog the other week and the roll tasted like it was stale. The last game vrs Leamongton I witnessed a jobsworth steward (a new chap who I had never seen before) try and eject a reds fan and his lad (who attend every single home game, well whenever I am there they are) just for supporting Redditch at the same end the away fans were.

I can goto Stratford and pay half of what I do at Redditch, I see a great pitch, decent side, goals, entertainment and I have the option of buying good food. All in all the same entrance fee, drink, food, programme will cost me £11 where as at Redditch this is nearer £16. In a time when moneyis tight for everybody can you argue why people are not attending games?

Seriously we have 2 new directors that I hope help the Owners move the club forward. But there is a lot of basics that really need to be sorted to make The Valley a place that people will come to watch football.

Admission prices need looking at, kids for quid, drop the entrance to £8. Kitchen service needs improving as does the quality of food. When I first started attending games the food was awesome, now it is average.

Also what has happened with the Trust? I am still contributing but it has died a death in having anything to do with the club it seems.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

Some solid points there Leethal.

Your comment ref. TRUST

TRUST was formed to ensure the life of RUFC.

Mr Rae was alone...TRUST supported the club in terms of volunteers and finances.

When Mr Swan took the reins and cleared the debt to secure the immediate future of RUFC, the purpose of TRUST was achieved.

With employees at the club now in place to organize events/functions and the life of TRUST being dented during the last regime, we are now in a more dormant role (by default really)....which is not a great situation but we are talking around 20 active members, most of which have a role at the club in some shape or form.

TRUST continue to pay the loan taken out by the previous directors which was part of the takeover requirements.
We will finish that commitment of the end of this season.

With the 'friends of Redditch united' a more favored forum of Mr Swan....I do not currently see a role for TRUST at this time, except the satisfaction that our monthly donations kept RUFC alive....and without that, we would not have a club today.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Some solid points there Leethal.

Your comment ref. TRUST

TRUST was formed to ensure the life of RUFC.

Mr Rae was alone...TRUST supported the club in terms of volunteers and finances.

When Mr Swan took the reins and cleared the debt to secure the immediate future of RUFC, the purpose of TRUST was achieved.

With employees at the club now in place to organize events/functions and the life of TRUST being dented during the last regime, we are now in a more dormant role (by default really)....which is not a great situation but we are talking around 20 active members, most of which have a role at the club in some shape or form.

TRUST continue to pay the loan taken out by the previous directors which was part of the takeover requirements.
We will finish that commitment of the end of this season.

With the 'friends of Redditch united' a more favored forum of Mr Swan....I do not currently see a role for TRUST at this time, except the satisfaction that our monthly donations kept RUFC alive....and without that, we would not have a club today.

Thanks for the update. Will be a great achievement paying that loan off so big respect to those that have helped in whatever way.

I am not sure if this friends of Redditch has taken off, I have not heard anything about it really.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2011_2012/reports/9962297.Reds_supremo_hopes_for_a_modern_Valley/

Very interesting! The council are dragging their heels, and Mr Swan seems to be running out of patience!

I've long believed that the Valley has passed its 'best before date'. If the Valley and Terry's Fields are protected from development, then it's time for the club to seriously look at viable alternatives, IE, Washford.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Can anyone help me with "Anglo-Saxon male dominated club?"

WTF?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am

The club is looking for grants / financial assistance for ground improvements. Being a football club for the benefit of the whole community will assist in this. Whether that’s right or wrong, I’m guessing that’s how this all works!

And I don’t think it’s wrong to say that 90% + of our match day supporters are white, British males.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:32 am

Bob Marley wrote:Can anyone help me with "Anglo-Saxon male dominated club?"

WTF?
why are you coming out( Laughing you have to laugh though saying "its a Anglo-Saxon male dominated club" in a artical about bringing in two MALE directors and one of them is called DAVID ENGLISH! Seriously though race, colour or creed has nothing to do with it, there are players from all walks of life in all the teams at redditch united and same with fans. The numbers are low because the club fails on the pitch, and it would help if the function room was adverstised! Not seen any adverts for the room this year anywhere and As already said by Bob and Leethal the coms are woeful. You can't point fingers until you get the basics of running a club and getting the max out of it first, and there is more to the community than just the college and ymca.
underground
underground
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 am

Bob Marley wrote:Can anyone help me with "Anglo-Saxon male dominated club?"

WTF?

He makes a good point, but I think someone needs to help him with how he says these things. It is easy to come across too posh for grass roots football when you say things like that and appear out of touch.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:36 am

del boy wrote:The club is looking for grants / financial assistance for ground improvements. Being a football club for the benefit of the whole community will assist in this. Whether that’s right or wrong, I’m guessing that’s how this all works!

And I don’t think it’s wrong to say that 90% + of our match day supporters are white, British males.

Oh...club means matchday attendance?

As pointed out, if you watch the youth/girls/ladies teams, this is not the case.

Can't remember seeing either of these guys down the Reds on matchday....despite 'years of association with the town'.
FAIL
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:
del boy wrote:The club is looking for grants / financial assistance for ground improvements. Being a football club for the benefit of the whole community will assist in this. Whether that’s right or wrong, I’m guessing that’s how this all works!

Oh...club means matchday attendance?

As pointed out, if you watch the youth/girls/ladies teams, this is not the case.

Can't remember seeing either of these guys down the Reds on matchday....despite 'years of association with the town'.
FAIL
D.English -youth manager and A.Bing - last seasons open age manager/this seasons reserves manager, both are newish to the club and both were part of the friends of redditch united. The ango saxon thing is just a crap sound bite with no logic or foundation,on match day there are an average of ten women/girls working,quite a few WAGS both of players/staff and fans attend. If he means few families attend then maybe he should look at what he charges compared to the product he is selling, people just cant afford to pay to watch poor football, eat poor food and receive poor service no matter what he says or directors he installs.
underground
underground
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:42 am

maybe he's going for gong? new years honours list anyone?
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 am

You guys crack me up, wheres your loyalty to your towns club, these guys have been brought in to do a job to get redditch united back on its feet yet all this forum seems to do is moan. Fact is since the pat cremin days the ship isnt sinking thanks to the swans!! The youth system is getting stronger week in week out, with the 21s having 2 players on the 1st team bench in as many weeks, the 18s being very succesful and the reserves playing there part.

Yes the results arnt going the way they should be at the minute but neither are blues. Midlands fans are to fickle. look at the attendances at blues as they are not playing well, 13.000 v barnsley. Same for Redditch with there 200s. Do u lot not realise that you stay behind your team through thick and thin. Attendances need to rise to get better players for the club to gain better results. FACT. I know a few old school Redditch lads are goin to Romulus, WTF. Why would u give them your money and let your home town club suffer.

The people of Redditch need to get a grip. Between 400 - 600 fans is achievable and we need to find posistive ways of getting this done. This club is a peoples club and has so much potential with the swans and its new directors in charge. Its up to you lot to help cement this!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 pm

gravedigger wrote:You guys crack me up, wheres your loyalty to your towns club, these guys have been brought in to do a job to get redditch united back on its feet yet all this forum seems to do is moan. Fact is since the pat cremin days the ship isnt sinking thanks to the swans!! The youth system is getting stronger week in week out, with the 21s having 2 players on the 1st team bench in as many weeks, the 18s being very succesful and the reserves playing there part.

Yes the results arnt going the way they should be at the minute but neither are blues. Midlands fans are to fickle. look at the attendances at blues as they are not playing well, 13.000 v barnsley. Same for Redditch with there 200s. Do u lot not realise that you stay behind your team through thick and thin. Attendances need to rise to get better players for the club to gain better results. FACT. I know a few old school Redditch lads are goin to Romulus, WTF. Why would u give them your money and let your home town club suffer.

The people of Redditch need to get a grip. Between 400 - 600 fans is achievable and we need to find posistive ways of getting this done. This club is a peoples club and has so much potential with the swans and its new directors in charge. Its up to you lot to help cement this!!

We all agree gravedigger...please see comments above.
I think the points are well put...do we need a 'Director of Sport' when the hotdogs are crap, no-one knows who playing, no-one knows the players, the players ignore the fans and the communication of the basic things (like fixture list) are not in place?

We don't need 'posh titles'...we need the baisics done well to just keep the hardcore interested....especially interaction and appreciating the loyal support they give the team. affraid
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next