Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nantwich 2-1 Reds

3 posters

Go down

Nantwich 2-1 Reds Empty Nantwich 2-1 Reds

Post  in2thevalley Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am

What can I say, yet another defeat, knocked out athe first round, thats 3 in 3 this season. I cant pinpoint it exactly but there is certain something different and missing from last season to this.

I have to say that the support for the team yesterday was exceptional from start to finish, but it what happens on the pitch which is causing me concerns. Im sure everyon is trying their best, but when we conceded the first goal, it was just general apathy from the players, there was no pride or passion, determination and thats what upsets me the most. I dont mind if we lose and we have tried and given 100% but there were players out there who, imo were merely going through the motions.I want to see a player who wears the Redditch top give his all for 90 minutes is that asking too much??

That game yesterday was there for the taking, Nantwich are riding high in their respective league, but were poor, but they wanted it more than we did, and thats why got the result and not us.

The only positives to take from the game yesterday were, the debut from Wren the keeper. Ok slightly at fault for second goal, but did enough to suggest he more than capable. (and he acknowledged the fans!!) and secondly was the support from the travelling away supporters, fantastic each and every one of you.

Anyway I shall see you on saturday as usual.

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Nantwich 2-1 Reds Empty Re: Nantwich 2-1 Reds

Post  Leethall Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 am

There is no excuse for a player not giving 100% and when you see Kim Casey on the touch line you would expect them to do so as he is as passionate a footballing man you will see.

So I take it Niall Cooper has gone? If so where? Who was the keeper?

Can you list the team? Did Lindon Dovey and Mark Hands play? I assume that Andre Francis and Jordan Fitzpatrick were not allowed to play by Solihoof yesterday? I also posted on another thread that Jerome Murdoch who Rodders was trying to sign scored for Coalville yesterday. He would be a good signing and knows where the back of the net is and is lightening quick from what I remember when he played for Cov Sphinx
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

In my opinion, the players should most definitely acknowledge the supporters. Bringing things up to date with current trends, (as in the Ryder Cup), should highlight this necessity. Players, take note, your fans, volunteers, associates, coaches, managers, physios, chairman & vice-chairman are loyal supporters of you all.

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 am

Leethall wrote:There is no excuse for a player not giving 100% and when you see Kim Casey on the touch line you would expect them to do so as he is as passionate a footballing man you will see.

So I take it Niall Cooper has gone? If so where? Who was the keeper?

Can you list the team? Did Lindon Dovey and Mark Hands play? I assume that Andre Francis and Jordan Fitzpatrick were not allowed to play by Solihoof yesterday? I also posted on another thread that Jerome Murdoch who Rodders was trying to sign scored for Coalville yesterday. He would be a good signing and knows where the back of the net is and is lightening quick from what I remember when he played for Cov Sphinx

Rumour has it that Cooper has joined the mongs, and we have James Wren on loan from Tamworth.
Didnt see Handsy which is a shame.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:50 pm

in2thevalley wrote:What can I say, yet another defeat, knocked out athe first round, thats 3 in 3 this season. I cant pinpoint it exactly but there is certain something different and missing from last season to this.

I have to say that the support for the team yesterday was exceptional from start to finish, but it what happens on the pitch which is causing me concerns. Im sure everyon is trying their best, but when we conceded the first goal, it was just general apathy from the players, there was no pride or passion, determination and thats what upsets me the most. I dont mind if we lose and we have tried and given 100% but there were players out there who, imo were merely going through the motions.I want to see a player who wears the Redditch top give his all for 90 minutes is that asking too much??

That game yesterday was there for the taking, Nantwich are riding high in their respective league, but were poor, but they wanted it more than we did, and thats why got the result and not us.

The only positives to take from the game yesterday were, the debut from Wren the keeper. Ok slightly at fault for second goal, but did enough to suggest he more than capable. (and he acknowledged the fans!!) and secondly was the support from the travelling away supporters, fantastic each and every one of you.

Anyway I shall see you on saturday as usual.

Wow...stood next to Sam at many games and I value his opinion 100%....this is a shocking report.
We all know we are not going to be the best...but the basic values of hard work, team spirit and 'togetherness' must be evident in every single minute of every single match...minimum.

I am so shocked that players are not even bothering to recognize the fans...giving up a full Saturday with the expense needed to support the team...disappointed doesn't even come close. Basic human respect is a bottom line requirement.

This is a death spiral...Mr Swan needs to act quickly...this is wrong.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down