Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday 3rd November

+7
Tommo
in2thevalley
tho101
RockDJ
oldtommo
Leethall
kingfisher
11 posters

Go down

Saturday 3rd November  Empty Saturday 3rd November

Post  kingfisher Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:53 am

Hi all I just wanted to suggest we try to get some support down Redditch on Saturday. It is rare that we have a situation that the first team have not got a game.
So this Saturday the Under 21s who are unbeaten in the league this season are playing there second round of the county cup at home at the valley 1.30pm which also see Julian workman’s first game in charge.
This is FREE for ever one to come and watch and see some future talent on display.

We have already seen what our youth system has to offer with the recent the rise of Stan, Seb Jenkins, and Leavi Oshungbare

judge for yourself what other bright talent the club has

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Saturday 3rd November  Empty Re: Saturday 3rd November

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:40 am

kingfisher wrote:Hi all I just wanted to suggest we try to get some support down Redditch on Saturday. It is rare that we have a situation that the first team have not got a game.
So this Saturday the Under 21s who are unbeaten in the league this season are playing there second round of the county cup at home at the valley 1.30pm which also see Julian workman’s first game in charge.
This is FREE for ever one to come and watch and see some future talent on display.

We have already seen what our youth system has to offer with the recent the rise of Stan, Seb Jenkins, and Leavi Oshungbare

judge for yourself what other bright talent the club has

It would be good to know more about the squads you talk about? Who is who, match reports etc
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 am

This sounds like a good idea and will certainly help with player recognition as and when these lads progress into the 1st team, I will definitely try to get down there this Saturday. Please excuse my ignorance but are the reserves and the under 21s the same team or do we have both? I know we have a team playing in under 21s league and a team playing in Stratford alliance, if we also have a reserve side (who apparently are playing Banbury tonight) what league do they play in?
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 am

It does get a little confusing but basically we have 4 adult teams

1st team
Reserves – managed by Justin Fowkes play in the Midland Football Combination League.
Stratford (usually known as the under 21’s but actually open age) - managed by Julian Workman play in the Stratford Alliance League
Under 18’s – managed by Mike Thorley play in the Midland Floodlit Youth League

Hope this helps.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 am

It does indeed, thank you.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 am

Just a quick note the Junior County Cup game is now at Abbey Stadium ko 14:00
On the main pitch at the Valley are the Redditch Reserves who are playing Loughborough Dynamos – Kick off 15:00
Sorry for any confusion & hopefully we will see a few people down on Saturday.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Saturday 3rd November  Empty brendan hicks

Post  tho101 Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 am

brendan scored for the reserves tuesday night in a 3-0 win away at banbury reserves - nice of the club to be up to speeed and so informative with match reports and squad etc.

Love them or hate them............. our club should be learning from bromsgrove sporting in terms of information flow down to fans for both 1st team/resereves/youth team etc, and people wonder how a club 6 levels below are doubling our attendance nearly every game!!!!!!!!!!!

tho101

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

tho101 wrote:brendan scored for the reserves tuesday night in a 3-0 win away at banbury reserves - nice of the club to be up to speeed and so informative with match reports and squad etc.

Love them or hate them............. our club should be learning from bromsgrove sporting in terms of information flow down to fans for both 1st team/resereves/youth team etc, and people wonder how a club 6 levels below are doubling our attendance nearly every game!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good point, and I wish I could answer that as to why our club are not.

The Athium Midland Football Combination

Bromsgroves highest attendance so far 312 Highest average attendance 200

enough said
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

some of the local sunday league teams (black horse,churchhill,thomas bros) have better informed websites than the redditch site. The communication at redditch is a joke at 1st team level let alone youth and reserves. Why should I bother going to games making an effort when no one at the club is
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Saturday 3rd November  Empty bromsgrove sporting

Post  tho101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 am

on there forum, the managers of both the first team, reserves and youth team post on the fans forum informing them of the squad for each upcoming game, reasons for players out such as work/injuries, there is then a match report for each game, with PLAYERS NAMES etc, does any avid redditch united fan no of any upcoming starts from the youth team, top goalscorer in reserves etc??

how does the vlub expect fans to get excited if we dont no anything about the players wearing the redditch united shirt?

it not just the club either - RUFC fans need to look at themselves, the Sporting forum is full of topics with numerous people posting, that isnt a knock at the people who do use it more the amount of people that dont.

tho101

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:53 am

This is an unofficial Redditch Fans forum, nobody HAS to post anything...

Having said that, i agree that communication is weak at best and it'd be great if the youth/U21's/Ressies managers or players came on here to inform the first team fans what's going on.

If the club aren't going to do it then it'll take individal effort Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 am

rawlings09 wrote:This is an unofficial Redditch Fans forum, nobody HAS to post anything...

Having said that, i agree that communication is weak at best and it'd be great if the youth/U21's/Ressies managers or players came on here to inform the first team fans what's going on.

I think that things are changing at redditch but as you know it can't all happen over night, maybe a facebook page would be a better option as the younger players and fan and also our generation would all go on to see what is coming up and also we can say when and where information will be available for all to see. I would like all your feed back on this as it does need sorting.

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 pm

reddicare wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:This is an unofficial Redditch Fans forum, nobody HAS to post anything...

I think that things are changing at redditch but as you know it can't all happen over night, maybe a facebook page would be a better option as the younger players and fan and also our generation would all go on to see what is coming up and also we can say when and where information will be available for all to see. I would like all your feed back on this as it does need sorting.
I am a techno dinosaur and have only just got my head round this forum! However I do realise that there have never been so many methods of communication available and every channel should be used to spread the word to existing and prospective new fans. Any new signings especially local lads should be publicised everywhere, surely they will have a circle of friends each, all potential new fans for RUFC. I think the club would do well to recruit a young computer savvy person to post news on all available sites. I'm sure there are some students out there who could make it part of a project
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:35 am

Today's Reserve team & the Stratford Alliance (U21's) fixtures have been postponed.
I've left a message with the lady that updates the website but as she is a volunteer it may not be updated promptly.
Apologies.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:05 am

reddicare wrote:

it cant happen in two seasons either then, if u have been here that long an you took the time to look you would know that there is a facebook. there was also an email news letter once a month,maybe the issue goes deeper? like where is the bloke that did all of the above and much more at the club? where are the other staff from last season? so your right it dont happen over night but if you cant keep staff who do these things well it wont happen at all.dont come here pal and try an re invent the wheel, put the spokes back in or put new air in and keep it in.

underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 am

Well that escalated quickly! Shocked

Obviously the communication will take time and stability to improve.. Something the club hasn't quite grasped on and off the pitch, on the pitch with players/management etc going, and as said in the previous post, many of the staff from last season leaving too.

There is an active Facebook page but obviously it can only be as updated as the information it's given and perhaps there isn't the communication there should be between chairman and fans, manager and fans, manager and chairman, manager and website runner etc

I have to say credit to the youth associates.. Not sure if they're managers, coaches or players but they've kept us up to date on here with signings an results so it's a start! Start from the bottom as they say!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 am

To try and put a neutral perspective on website communication, it is very difficult for one person to manage a website for the first team, let alone get all of the information together, quickly and accurately for four teams.

At Romulus, it was sometimes a struggle to get the first team information, people have busy lives, webmaster calls manager, chairman, whoever, for information, they're busy at work, they call you back, you're busy.

The best way forward is to let each team have their own website with links to all the others, or a section on the main website and have one person from each team providing at least a weekly update. To get one person trying to voluntarily cover all four sides would be foolhardy.

On the other side of this, the Reds' website is not great. If the person doing it doesn't have the time, they or the club need to approach people who can help. Media students at the college? A local university? There are tonnes of students out there looking for hands on experience. Free admission, a pie and a cup of tea is all it costs you to potentially have a bang on, fully interactive website.

From the look of the current one, I would suggest Reds go over to Pitchero. I know it is a ready made site and that may not be popular, but it is free and takes next to no time to get the hang of, you can have as many sections, teams or webmasters as you like, updates fixtures for you, etc. so many advantages and so easy to administer. When you are short on voluntary help you have to go for the easiest option.

One last point, managers/officials using the fans' unofficial portal to communicate generally ends badly. Less problems with reserve managers, etc, because people don't get so hot under the collar, but first team? No, bad idea.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 am

fingers wrote:To try and put a neutral perspective on website communication, it is very difficult for one person to manage a website for the first team, let alone get all of the information together, quickly and accurately for four teams.

At Romulus, it was sometimes a struggle to get the first team information, people have busy lives, webmaster calls manager, chairman, whoever, for information, they're busy at work, they call you back, you're busy.

The best way forward is to let each team have their own website with links to all the others, or a section on the main website and have one person from each team providing at least a weekly update. To get one person trying to voluntarily cover all four sides would be foolhardy.

On the other side of this, the Reds' website is not great. If the person doing it doesn't have the time, they or the club need to approach people who can help. Media students at the college? A local university? There are tonnes of students out there looking for hands on experience. Free admission, a pie and a cup of tea is all it costs you to potentially have a bang on, fully interactive website.

From the look of the current one, I would suggest Reds go over to Pitchero. I know it is a ready made site and that may not be popular, but it is free and takes next to no time to get the hang of, you can have as many sections, teams or webmasters as you like, updates fixtures for you, etc. so many advantages and so easy to administer. When you are short on voluntary help you have to go for the easiest option.

One last point, managers/officials using the fans' unofficial portal to communicate generally ends badly. Less problems with reserve managers, etc, because people don't get so hot under the collar, but first team? No, bad idea.

As always Fingers spot on. I actually am getting used to these Pitchero sites and as you say they look like they can be administered by multiple people.

As a thought I am sure JBS would love to update the website if he was approached.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down