Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Embarrassing This Is.....

+7
Fat Ron
ted striker
Mrs Moor
del boy
mattim
in2thevalley
Leethall
11 posters

Go down

How Embarrassing This Is..... Empty How Embarrassing This Is.....

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Solihoof
Evesham
Bumsgrove

They all have higher average attendances than we have. If anything the club should use this as a carrot to dangle and see what could be done to improve our attendances..

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

How Embarrassing This Is..... Empty Re: How Embarrassing This Is.....

Post  in2thevalley Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 am

Yes, it makes interesting reading, and yesterday Bumsgoves attendace was 324 in a 4-3 victory over Blackwood. People may knock them, but they are getting people through the gates.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Yes they all have higher attendances than we have BUT; Bumsgrove have always had higher attendances than Reds. I've been following Reds for 40 years and there has never been a season when we have had better crowds. Bumsgrove is a fairly large town with a much greater sense of community than Redditch which has a huge number of 'non native' residents. This means that the football fans of Redditch tend to follow the teams they first supported before they came to the town, and probably passed that on to their kids as well. This has been a problem in all the years I have been involved with the club.

As for the others, well, has any other club been through what we have suffered the last 3 or 4 years ? We ran short of money and had the lowest wage bill in the BSN, we ran even shorter of money and then had no wage bill at all and finished the season with a bunch of lads playing for nothing. We suffered some memorable hammerings, (was it 9-0 to Boston ?). We got relegated, we nearly go bust. Last season we flirted with relegation and suffered some abysmal home defeats (Cirencester, Swindon Supermarine).

This season we start with 2 goalless draws, lose in the FA Cup 3-0 at home, and then lose 4-1 at home in the league to Hemel. On top of all this the Valley Stadium (despite it being close to my heart) is a bloody awful place to watch football in the winter, it's too open to the elements. You don't tend to notice it that much when your'e playing the opposition off the park and winning by several but when you get results like those I have quoted it is not a great afternoon out.

In fact now I sit here and read through what I've just written It's a flaming miracle anyone watches the games at all !!

My wish list to put that right;

A winning team (especially at home).

A proper roof over the Allotment End and the Cedar Road to keep the wind and rain out (would also improve the acoustics).

Sort out that stupid seated stand at the far end.

An all weather pitch so that we can rent it out and make a few quid, plus the reserves, under 21 team etc can play there and the pitch doesn't get the wear and tear that it does at present (and clearly cannot cope with it).

A greater PR/ communication effort from the club.

The potential is out there, it's just that we've done everything that could possibly be done to screw it up !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:09 pm

+ 1

Not much else I can add to that.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Not as embarrassing as touting for players on the MFC web site ................... Point and laugh Point and laugh

Come on guy's there are rules on poaching, are you really that desperate Shocked

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Not as embarrassing as touting for players on the MFC web site ................... Point and laugh Point and laugh

Come on guy's there are rules on poaching, are you really that desperate Shocked

Have you signed in time to make yer debut tomorrow then MM ? Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:Not as embarrassing as touting for players on the MFC web site ................... Point and laugh Point and laugh

What are you referring to? I couldn't see anything obvious on either the MFC official website or the MFC forum, but I don't spend a lot of time on either of them.

(I'm not having a pop, I'm actually genuinely interested in what the club is trying to do to attract players - and many people on here, including you, Mrs Moor, have long been calling on the club to do more to recruit local talent.)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

How Embarrassing This Is..... Empty only thing embarressing is...

Post  Fat Ron Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 am

....Supporting a shyte club like Bumsgrove and living in place where they want to refurb it into a slum... Stinking p!ss stained tramps..
Now don't p!ss me off anymore by mentioning that vermin on here again... Evil or Very Mad ... Put me right off my doughnuts

Fat Ron pig from the R.F.B

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 am

ted striker wrote:

What are you referring to? I couldn't see anything obvious on either the MFC official website or the MFC forum, but I don't spend a lot of time on either of them.

(I'm not having a pop, I'm actually genuinely interested in what the club is trying to do to attract players - and many people on here, including you, Mrs Moor, have long been calling on the club to do more to recruit local talent.)

Ted, spot on, MM has been advocating the fact that the club should be looking for local talent and not spending money on players and becoming a laughing stock. Well the club has gone out and recruited two local players, who could do a very good job. But now for some ostensible reason MM seems to think that the club is now desperate? Evidently there is no pleasing some folks, because you are damned if do and damned if you do don’t

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudolph Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:51 am

http://www.mfctalk.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56228 This is the post Mrs Moor is refering to, on MFC1-2-3 [not Premier ?], titled 'Deleted', unfortunately the original post has been deleted when others brought up 'illegal approach' and 'seven day rule' so it is not possible to read the content

Rudolph
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:28 pm

MM is a cock.

End of story.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Rudolph wrote:http://www.mfctalk.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56228 This is the post Mrs Moor is refering to, on MFC1-2-3 [not Premier ?], titled 'Deleted', unfortunately the original post has been deleted when others brought up 'illegal approach' and 'seven day rule' so it is not possible to read the content

Thanks for clarifying that Rudolph, that is an interesting thread.

I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the rules pertaining to the recruitment of players through this kind of trial (maybe Fingers or RockDJ can help us out here), but from what I do understand it does seem to me that those who talk about the seven-day rule might have a fair point. Still, I would hope that those people from the Reds who are involved in this recruitment exercise have done their homework, know the rules and adhere to them.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 am

I’m not the greatest expert & the rules handbooks are about 2” thick, but I’ve had a quick read through the forum, and I cannot see anything to untoward. The rules concerning 7 day approach are a little different in the Midland Combination League in comparison to the Evostick Southern.

When team a) requires a player from team b) they have a hyperlink tab that managers / secretary can click to enter into the 7 day period. These and only these are acknowledged as the 7 day approach.

Both the Evostick & the Midland Combination League are extremely quick in their handbook to distance themselves from any social media sites or forums.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Bob Marley wrote:MM is a cock.

End of story.

Ditto he a How Embarrassing This Is..... 145869

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 pm

RockDJ wrote:Both the Evostick & the Midland Combination League are extremely quick in their handbook to distance themselves from any social media sites or forums.

All league's distance themselves from the social media because most of the rules in place to combat the topic the are simply out of date.

Most league's are controlled by people who simply don't understand what needs to be done to protect clubs who may have invested time and money in players.

Most transfers are now sorted out on facebook before any club get's involved and there are no rules in place to combat this, it's the modern day Cloughie at the motorway services.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:30 pm

rededitor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:MM is a cock.

End of story.

Ditto he a How Embarrassing This Is..... 145869

rededitor do me a favour, you would struggle to edit a comic. Head against wall Head against wall

It's he's not he. pirat

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

How Embarrassing This Is..... Empty Simon Johnson

Post  solihull red Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Is it true that Simon Johnson has joined Redditch??? Very Happy

solihull red
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down