Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemel v Reds: live-ish updates

5 posters

Go down

Hemel v Reds: live-ish updates Empty Hemel v Reds: live-ish updates

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 am

Half-time: Hemel 2 (Pearce 7, 25) Reds 0

Reds sub: McDonald for Oshungbure, 29

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Hemel v Reds: live-ish updates Empty Re: Hemel v Reds: live-ish updates

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 am

57 mins: 2nd Reds sub: Deards for Hendrie.

Catlow has made a number of top-drawer saves to keep the score respectable.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:30 am

70 mins: Final sub: Hylton for Hands

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 am

78 mins: 3-0, Pearce hat trick, again, ball comng in from Reds' left-back area.

80 mins: 4-0, cross from same area, Pearce header down for O'Leary to score.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 am

And that's how it finished. All four Hemel goals came from crosses from our left-back position. The consensus of opinion of those of us at the game is that Catlow was our best player which, when you lose 4-0, says an awful lot.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 am

Oh well that will serve me right for being so optimistic, you'd think I would know by now. Who the hell was our left back then ? Maybe they should have been 'left back' on the team bus !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am

mattim wrote:Oh well that will serve me right for being so optimistic, you'd think I would know by now. Who the hell was our left back then ? Maybe they should have been 'left back' on the team bus !

At a guess Quaynor? Charlton is suspended is he not?

Last edited by Leethall on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 pm

yes quaynor was left back and he had a very poor game,having said that apart from the keeper they all had a poor game which i think is best forgotten,cant understand why levi was subbed after hemel had scored their second goal has he didnt appear injured.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 am

alottmentender wrote:yes quaynor was left back and he had a very poor game,having said that apart from the keeper they all had a poor game which i think is best forgotten,cant understand why levi was subbed after hemel had scored their second goal has he didnt appear injured.

I didn't go to the game but from what I head everything Hemel did was coming down our left hand side and Levi and josh were having major problems. The changed stopped the flow supposingly and we had a few great chances I heard to get back into the game but shock we never took them. Bad day at the office. I got told Reid was poor and in the games I've seen he's been very good... So just take it as a bad day at the office!!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:03 am

Reds11 wrote:
alottmentender wrote:yes quaynor was left back and he had a very poor game,having said that apart from the keeper they all had a poor game which i think is best forgotten,cant understand why levi was subbed after hemel had scored their second goal has he didnt appear injured.

I didn't go to the game but from what I head everything Hemel did was coming down our left hand side and Levi and josh were having major problems. The changed stopped the flow supposingly and we had a few great chances I heard to get back into the game but shock we never took them. Bad day at the office. I got told Reid was poor and in the games I've seen he's been very good... So just take it as a bad day at the office!!!!
Correct, it seemed to be a tactical decision to strengthen the left side of defence, presumably Liam McDonald - who replaced Leavi - is seen as more likely or effective to assist with defensive duties if Josh Quaynor is struggling, as he clearly was yesterday. It seemed to be an effective change, in that Hemel didn't score for 50 minutes after the change, so I think Simon Redhead deserves credit for that. That said, I was impressed with Leavi's ability to drop into the back four without prompting, if Josh was involved in an attack; on a couple of occasions, Josh took the ball out of defence and up over halfway, and each time, I looked to the left-back position and Levi was there covering.

As for Jake Reid, he didn't have the greatest of games, but he wasn't getting a lot of service. He had a weak long-range effort easily saved early on, one charged down that led to a Hendrie shot, one long-ranger over the bar, and he missed a sitter of a header in the last minute, over the bar from about 6 yards.

Apart from Catlow, who kept the score respectable with some quality saves, and Cresswell who put a couple of good balls into the box and posed most of our threat on the rare occasions we did look like creating a chance, it was a poor team performance.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down