Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should the concern lie?

4 posters

Go down

Where should the concern lie?  Empty Where should the concern lie?

Post  fingers Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:02 am

Redditch 0-3 Bedford - Att: 146.

5 defeats in a row, no win since mid-November and 8 defeats in the last 10 games.

Gates, especially on a Saturday, as low as I can remember. Reds usually managed to break 200 each week even when they were bottom of the Midland Division (95-96 and just before the Rod Brown era).

This forum is a graveyard, not so much as a comment on the defeat yesterday. The kind of result that would always evoke some sort of reaction in the past.

The Valley has always had an element of apathy about it, but this is another level. What has happened to make people this disinterested?

Where should the concern lie? With the results on the pitch or the level of apathy that seems (albeit from a distance) to be at its worst since I started watching Reds some 17 years ago.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Where should the concern lie?  Empty Re: Where should the concern lie?

Post  oldtommo Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 am

It seems the lack of interest,passion, will to win etc. which has been evident from the top of the club down through to the playing staff, has finally filtered through to the fans aswell. I didn't go yesterday as just couldn't be bothered, seems I made the right decision!! I had a nice takeaway curry last night for less than the rennet I saved. Successive relegation battles are very negative for a club. Is there any way the club could request to go down 2 or 3 levels where we could then be competitive on a realistic budget using all the great young talent that is up and coming through the junior ranks of the club. Lower running costs, win more often than lose (hopefully) local lads playing and being watched by their mates, surely all this may lead to a successful and upwardly mobile club, which would have a far better feel good factor than at present. The whole Saturday afternoon experience now is not massively enjoyable for anyone associated with RUFC.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 am

It really is quite simple. People want some entertainment and enjoyment in return for their tenner.

I’ve been to all but one home match this season. I really enjoyed the game against Totten. That game aside, all of the others have been beyond rubbish. I have come away from every match wondering why I bothered.

Awful football on an awful pitch is not worth paying a tenner for. To be honest, for me it’s not even about the money anymore. The remaining home games this season could offer free admission and it would still be a struggle for me to drag myself down there again, just to endure another 90 torturous minutes of desperate boredom.

There doesn’t appear to be even a glimmer of hope that anything will change or improve. If more than 50 people turn up on Tuesday night, I’ll be amazed.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 am

I did not go yesterday and that was even after the game I was going to watch at Stratford was postponed. The cost of £10 as Del and Thommo have stated does not provide any entertainment value and I would rather go and watch some non league football where I can see good football played.

I will probably attend the Bashley game only because I paid £10 for that and can get in for £5. I am not missing out on the offer as I still feel a little aggrieved in how no one at the club had the decency that day to tell fans what was happening.

I have lost the will to goto games at The Valley. A new year and a new start, will be off to watch more Everton games and a tour around a little further afield to see some new non league clubs and grounds for me.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum