Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we survive?

3 posters

Go down

Can we survive? Empty Can we survive?

Post  Ms.B Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm

I really would love to see Redditch stay in the division. I fear if we were to be relegated we may go the same way as my beloved BCFC.

I seen news of new developments at Reds, I may be small minded but I think we should concentrate on 'now' rather than improving facilities. If we get relegated what use will the facilities be if we can't attract the players. We'll be a mini White Elephant!!!!

I see the drive for younger players is key, have we got any decent ones? Surely in our reserves we must have fire-power. I know playing a man from midfield as the striker paid off recently but it coukdve gone wrong - thankfully it never. As a community team we should be cherry-picking all the talent from the schools. Is this being done. I seen on the Official Facebook group a player with the reserves said he had to travel for 2 hours to get to Redditch? If he is on our books he must be worth it, if not why not give a young'un from a local team a chance instead. Probly more hunger too!

Which youth players / reserves can step up to help us survive? Leavi is a good example Laughing

Ms.B
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Can we survive? Empty Re: Can we survive?

Post  Justin.Fowkes Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am

Yes I believe I have players that can step up and Im hoping to highlight these players tomorrow if the first team game is called off. If I dont believe in my players then there would be no point those lads being at the club.

Leavi is a good example as well as Catlow, Jenkins and Jermaine Hylton who is in my opinion a class act. I have 3 strikers at the moment who i'm nurturing as well as a couple of players getting closer to the first team with solid performances week in week out in other positions.

Simon and I speak regular but its very difficult to highlight these players when both teams play games on the same days and i'm sure, as most managers would, Simon would like to see them first before risking them in the current relegation battle.

The reserves are the healthiest they have been since being formed. Hope this answers part of your question.

Regards

Justin.

H

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.B Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

Thank you a lot for the reply. Good to see the management setup involved with a forum.

Of the three strikers you regard highly I hope one of them is a 'big' player who can get amongst opposition defences. In a relegation battle that is what we need. Are they experienced reserves or just young promising players from production line? Young players have no fear, Hitchin isn't the game for gambling though!

Come on the Reds!

Ms.B
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  solihull red Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Sorry to see your problems we have played a number of our youth team players who play in the Midland Floodlit League the same as yours and they have been a good move they include Dior Angus, Lewis Hayden who have been on the bench a number of times this season.If they are ready why not try them. Good luck

solihull red
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum