Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds v Frome

+2
Leethall
mattim
6 posters

Go down

Reds v Frome Empty Reds v Frome

Post  mattim Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:29 am

First time I've been able to get there for a while and it was pretty much like the last time I went. We show the ability to play some neat stuff in patches but then either the final ball goes missing or someone decides to just lump it forward.

Time and again the killer ball that would have opened up Frome was behind the man, too far in front, overhit or just made it's way into the crowd.The one decent cross we put into their box, from the free kick, led to a goal. Neat header from that man Richards. Is this midfielder the striker we've been looking for ?

Generally we work hard and look reasonably well organized but I can't help thinking that we should have been doing better this season with what is, overall, not a bad bunch of players.

Frome will feel with some justification that they were worth a point but it would have been a controversial end to the game had we missed that penalty. For those that weren't there, we had the slightly surreal situation where we actually scored and the ref called play back to award us a penalty ! Fair play to Liam Mcdonald for a super cool finish under pressure.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds v Frome Empty Re: Reds v Frome

Post  Leethall Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:08 am

Important win that.

I went to Stratford instead to see them win 2-1 against Kirby Muxloe with Joey Halsall having another impressive game. Helps that the surface is good to play football on.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 am

I'm curious to know how our attendance has gone from 610 to 190 in the space of 7 days :/

Good result though!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 am

rawlings09 wrote:I'm curious to know how our attendance has gone from 610 to 190 in the space of 7 days :/

Good result though!

Because Famile Rawlings were not in attendance Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 am

I agree wasn't a great game but at the end of the day a win is a win. Bein a Man U fan we have played bad at times this season and won and I sure don't complain. If this team stays together next season I think having gelled we will be much better off. I like many was nervous when the ref disallowed the goal and award a pen, but Liam was as cool as you like with so much at stake!!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 pm

i think you will find that the 610 attendance was due by no small part to a large number of concession tickets due to all the kids and their families in the start of the new teams starting at redditch utd.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Reds v Frome Empty Re: Reds V Frome

Post  Gidsi Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:41 am

The crowd felt better than 190 to me but what do I know!

The improvement in the team from a couple of months back is clear, particularly up front where we now carry some threat and in Will Richards have someone who can hold up the ball. I agree with the earlier comment that it's the final ball that often lets us down. There's a sense they are playing for one another as well. It was also encouraging to see Conor Deards come on as sub and cause the Frome defence problems; a bit of competition for places up front has to be good.

What bothers me is the team's Jekyll & Hyde nature from one half to the other. Saturday was another example of a good first half performance almost being thrown away when they came out for the second half and seemed to lose composure.

Like others I couldn't believe the ref didn't let play run on at the end before giving the penalty - well done Liam for not letting that matter.

I can't get there tomorrow but another win against Bashley would make this last fortnight a very good one. Mind you after 3 postponements you wonder what else might go wrong... my money's on power failure so no lights...

Gidsi
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down