Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chesham (H)

+8
Bob Marley
del boy
rawlings09
Redditch_Reject
Terrace Guy
Leethall
mattim
Redditchbluenose86
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chesham (H) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham (H)

Post  mattim Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 am

I'm not saying we should go back to the bad old days of paying money we haven't got but what I am saying is that there are teams in the Southern Prem whose budgets I would bet are no bigger than ours who have clearly got their act together better than we have and who have players who can actually score goals. Even Bedworth have Mitchell Piggon who got 14 or 15 goals this season, that's probably twice what our leading score has and don't try to tell me Bedworth pay out more than we do. In short I'm saying that are the current management capable of getting value for money ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Based on yesterday where the manager had to be told to make a sub when we were 0-1 down to try and change the game before it was too late then the answer to that is a resounding no. Do we have capable players? Yes i actually think so, we have the 11th best defence in the league based on goals conceded. Do we have players willing to put a shift in? Yes and despite some crap results this season i dont think i could accuse the players of not caring in any match. In the last years of the conference north we played dead rubbers on the last day of the season and lost 6-0 (with two of our players throwing the game), 4-0 and 6-1. Yes the teams we played on all three occassions were better but the Reds were already on holiday. Yesterday was different and despite losing we made it tough for Cambridge on their big day and were the better team in spells. But this brings me to my next point. Do we have confident players? Scoring 32 goals in 42 games suggests not and this is where the buck stops at the management. He has the players caring, the defence, goalkeeping and the midfield is sound but there is simply no confidence around the box to get the ball im the back of the net. He had an impossible task first time round, Swan sacked him shortly after taking over, he's now had a second roll of the dice and we've survived by one point with by far the worst goals scored figure in the southern prem. Am sure he's a good bloke and all that but this team has all the ingredients in place apart from the one thing that wins us games, that is linked to confidence and therefore from that alone i think it should be left to someone else to have a go.
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:31 pm

mattim wrote:I'm not saying we should go back to the bad old days of paying money we haven't got but what I am saying is that there are teams in the Southern Prem whose budgets I would bet are no bigger than ours who have clearly got their act together better than we have and who have players who can actually score goals. Even Bedworth have Mitchell Piggon who got 14 or 15 goals this season, that's probably twice what our leading score has and don't try to tell me Bedworth pay out more than we do. In short I'm saying that are the current management capable of getting value for money ?

The majority of the team haven't even played 15 games this season, let alone 15 goals Laughing

Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2