Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Backroom Team Announced

+3
Statto (SMFC)
Bob Marley
Leethall
7 posters

Go down

New Backroom Team Announced Empty New Backroom Team Announced

Post  Leethall Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 pm

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/redditchunited/evo_stik_southern_premier_2012_2013/read_article/10441036.Reds_boss_reveals_new_look_management_team/

Nick Green would be an awesome player if he can recover from his knee injury. Bit dissapointing that Kim Casey has departed as he was a great person to have last season amongst the struggles we had.

Hope we see some solid signings now.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

New Backroom Team Announced Empty Re: New Backroom Team Announced

Post  Bob Marley Thu May 30, 2013 3:50 am

Seems Liam is not hanging about...lots of activity early doors with some good heads & experience being brought into the club.

All bodes very well in my book.

Will still have the lowest budget in the league...so how to find, motivate and organize young players remains the biggest test.

Good luck to the new management team
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Statto (SMFC) Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 am

Good luck to both Nick Green and David Bridgwater in their new roles. Although he can play in defence, during his short spell with Solihull Moors in the 2010/11 season, he played all of his games in centre midfield and performed really well. I suppose it will help with the budget that Liam McDonald, Nick and David are still young enough to play as well.

Agree with leethall that losing Kim Casey will be a blow.

Statto (SMFC)
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/mcdonald-sets-hammers-vision-22836/

Seems as if we have an opportunity for good young players to get some 1st team action with Liam's brother at Cradley Town
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:07 am

Brilliant things look to be taking shape from what I've heard. There are a lot of good players at lower levels that I'f given a chance will do well at this level. Hope we get a few gems and can give experience to some of our younger players.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Statto (SMFC) wrote:Good luck to both Nick Green and David Bridgwater in their new roles. Although he can play in defence, during his short spell with Solihull Moors in the 2010/11 season, he played all of his games in centre midfield and performed really well. I suppose it will help with the budget that Liam McDonald, Nick and David are still young enough to play as well.

Agree with leethall that losing Kim Casey will be a blow.

Nick Green when at Barwell was class and seems like he did the business for you mate. Liam, Nick and Bridgewater are easily good enough and young enough to continue to play but seems like they are all wanting to concentrate on their managerial duties. If that is the case we need to get some experience down the spine of the team.

I would like to see a solid experienced keeper, centre half and centre midfielder to add some bite and knowledge in those key positions and to help the younger players through games. We need a good solid start to gain some momentum and confidence that has been a problem for years!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:14 pm

I am impressed by the way Liam is organizing his backroom staff and believe he will bring in the right personnel on the playing side...respecting the budget restaints.

I do not believe we can afford an 'off the shelf' 20 goal a season striker...we have to develop raw, young talent...with experienced heads scattered through the team.

I am excited by the activity so quickly after the close of the previous 'nightmare'.

Onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:48 am

Bob Marley wrote:I am impressed by the way Liam is organizing his backroom staff and believe he will bring in the right personnel on the playing side...respecting the budget restaints.

I do not believe we can afford an 'off the shelf' 20 goal a season striker...we have to develop raw, young talent...with experienced heads scattered through the team.

I am excited by the activity so quickly after the close of the previous 'nightmare'.

Onwards & upwards

We should have a 20 goal a season striker in Kyle Patterson
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor x 2 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:37 am

Seems as if we have an opportunity for good young players to get some 1st team action with Liam's brother at Cradley Town[/quote]

Laughing

Cradley Town are in a league no better than MidComb Prem yet your expecting to see players step up to Southern League level from a league which is MidComb standards at its very best. You lot make me laugh. It also makes a mockery of your reserves if Liam uses Cradley's squad instead of the current crop of players trying to brake into the first team that are already at the club. Collateral damage may occur very quickly under this new guy.

"Ronald McDonald springs to mind"

Mrs Moor x 2
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I've been away for a while... "Mrs Moor x 2"? Is there a story to that?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Mrs Moor x 2 wrote:Seems as if we have an opportunity for good young players to get some 1st team action with Liam's brother at Cradley Town

Laughing

Cradley Town are in a league no better than MidComb Prem yet your expecting to see players step up to Southern League level from a league which is MidComb standards at its very best. You lot make me laugh. It also makes a mockery of your reserves if Liam uses Cradley's squad instead of the current crop of players trying to brake into the first team that are already at the club. Collateral damage may occur very quickly under this new guy.

[/quote]

Young players getting experience at West Midland Premier is all good. No harm in playing at this level at a young age to learn the ropes. I was not saying that first team players should be playing here Rolling Eyes
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:43 am

Mrs Moor x 2 wrote:Seems as if we have an opportunity for good young players to get some 1st team action with Liam's brother at Cradley Town

Laughing

[/quote]

Mrs Moore I don't think that Liam will be sending first team players to play for cradley. I'm not 100% but my thinking is he'll send some reserve players that are above the reserve league standard. Which I think will be great for them playing in a much more competitive league than the reserve league. It's a higher standard and that's a fact. Also trying to unearth some talent over the Black Country. Also lets not forget it was his brother who played a big part in Ryan rowed development so can't be all bad.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:48 am

Also with Justin doing such a great job hopefully he can develop another couple of players throughout the season like jermaine and Levi.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor x 2 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Mrs Moore I don't think that Liam will be sending first team players to play for cradley. I'm not 100% but my thinking is he'll send some reserve players that are above the reserve league standard. Which I think will be great for them playing in a much more competitive league than the reserve league. It's a higher standard and that's a fact. Also trying to unearth some talent over the Black Country. Also lets not forget it was his brother who played a big part in Ryan rowed development so can't be all bad.[/quote][/quote]

The West Midlands League is the way for your reserves to progress? Are you completely delusional or just having a head fart!!
   The fact is if your Reserves are any good then they should be progressing via The Midland Alliance as a bare minimum.  Some may argue that they should be learning there craft in one division lower than your first team.

For those that were unaware of behind the scenes talks the WMP, Midcomb and Midland Alliance are in talks to merger all three leagues into one league as of 2014 - 2015. The Alliance would be the premier division of the new league, this years West Mids Prem and Midcomb Prem would become division 1 of the new league. Doesn't that tell you that it wouldn't benefit your reserve players at all joining any side lower than the Alliance? and that the league is of the same standard as the Comb Prem which I would expect all of those to be good enough for that and that they would gain nothing from it. I think Liam is just using Redditch Reserve team players and any of your 21s and 18s to help his brother out at Cradley, again I see this as damaging to the club and more to your players who I have no doubt wont want this . Fact is most of them wont of even heard of Cradley Town.

So before you start telling me FACT I suggest you learn more about the leagues and see things for what they appear to be. If I was Justin i'd be asking Liam what is his agenda. Blood is thicker than water What a Face

Mrs Moor x 2
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 am

Mrs Moor x 2 wrote:Mrs Moore I don't think that Liam will be sending first team players to play for cradley. I'm not 100% but my thinking is he'll send some reserve players that are above the reserve league standard. Which I think will be great for them playing in a much more competitive league than the reserve league. It's a higher standard and that's a fact. Also trying to unearth some talent over the Black Country. Also lets not forget it was his brother who played a big part in Ryan rowed development so can't be all bad.
[/quote]

The West Midlands League is the way for your reserves to progress? Are you completely delusional or just having a head fart!!
   The fact is if your Reserves are any good then they should be progressing via The Midland Alliance as a bare minimum.  Some may argue that they should be learning there craft in one division lower than your first team.

For those that were unaware of behind the scenes talks the WMP, Midcomb and Midland Alliance are in talks to merger all three leagues into one league as of 2014 - 2015. The Alliance would be the premier division of the new league, this years West Mids Prem and Midcomb Prem would become division 1 of the new league. Doesn't that tell you that it wouldn't benefit your reserve players at all joining any side lower than the Alliance? and that the league is of the same standard as the Comb Prem which I would expect all of those to be good enough for that and that they would gain nothing from it. I think Liam is just using Redditch Reserve team players and any of your 21s and 18s to help his brother out at Cradley, again I see this as damaging to the club and more to your players who I have no doubt wont want this . Fact is most of them wont of even heard of Cradley Town.

So before you start telling me FACT I suggest you learn more about the leagues and see things for what they appear to be. If I was Justin i'd be asking Liam what is his agenda. Blood is thicker than water What a Face[/quote]

That's the thing mrs Moore, I don't want to get into a debate over this but all I'll say is have a look at the fa vase results!!!!! The mid allience which I watch when the reds are away is a poor league to what it was. Mid com and west mids knocked a lot of teams out of the vase which shows there is not much in terms of standards. I don't no what Liam's agender is, from my point of view if its better than reserve league which is a fact and if they can't get into first team then it lets them play at a competitive level. West mids is a physical league like southern prem. come on mrs Moore think!!!!! If he sends players to allience teams who pay money what's to say that they don't just leave for £20. Ask Justin if anyone has left his team to do just that!!!! With them going to a cradley Liam won't have that problem. Personally I think it's a good idea. If one player who is nearly ready for first team but goes and gets a bit of first team football else where is fine that's what happens in football. Think before you write Smile I can tell your not a football person with silly comments. Liam needs backing not moaning when the season ain't started. Then again I'm sure you won't come down nxt season so don't worry yourself about it.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 am

Before I leave mrs Moore you've came on and 3 comments moaned about Brian knight and the link with cradley, if nothing positive dont bother coming on!!!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:34 am

Mrs Moor 2, LOL

I tend to think it will be Marcus sending players to REDDITCH rather than the other way round, Marcus is a quality manager at that level and has uncovered many a gem. Ryan Rowe anyone ?

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Mrs Moor 2, LOL

I tend to think it will be Marcus sending players to REDDITCH rather than the other way round, Marcus is a quality manager at that level and has uncovered many a gem. Ryan Rowe anyone ?

Kiddy via Stour
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down