Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixtures 13-14

+5
del boy
Terrace Guy
Bob Marley
Red86
RockDJ
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fixtures 13-14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Fixtures 13-14

Post  Leethall Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:Del.

I was talking to my brother in June when I was in the UK for a few days.
He is now heavily involved with the Youth set up at the Reds.

I can tell you that the youth teams are now very well organized, contributing to the playing system and the financials of the 1st team...as well as being involved with the day to day improvement of the club.

Is it perfect? No, for sure not....but from what I knew of before & what I see now.....the difference is day & night.
The youth teams are not going to turn into the Crewe Academy in 3 weeks...it takes time, dedication & bloody hard work.

The club is completely different than 2 years ago....can it sustain football at this level?
No....you saw the budget prepared by Plan B 4 years ago...the deficit was 100k per year back then....OK, less now...but still negative.

The club has a new shirt sponsor...do you know how difficult that is in today's climate? Fantastic to everyone involved with that deal.  

I really think we have to give a reality check to all events RUFC...despite what others try to tell you on forums etc...go speak to Chris, Dave, Julian, Justin, Liam....they will answer all your questions.

I think the point still is we want decent team to watch nd in games. The issue that is still relevant is that the cost of watching the club is expensive and the product is a lot worse. As a consumer that is not what you want.

I think RUFU need to be hell of a lot better at communicating Steve, reality check is for the club to communicate out rather than expecting people to pop in and have a chat to one of those people you have stated. You know that, I know this, others do but the club continually fail in this area. 
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 am

Leethall wrote:
I think RUFU need to be hell of a lot better at communicating Steve, reality check is for the club to communicate out rather than expecting people to pop in and have a chat to one of those people you have stated.  You know that, I know this, others do but the club continually fail in this area. 

I may be missing something but just what are we failing to communicate?
I will do my utmost to address the areas of concern!

Cheers,
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:50 am

Maybe it is already under construction but it would be nice on the website to have the profiles of our new squad put up so we can put a name to a face. I went to the game last night and I didn't know who most of the players were. Maybe when we do sign new players the club could announce it on the Facebook or the twitter page too as I've seen other clubs do that, as the only place I have seen we are signing new players is in the local rags. Just a few ideas and it would make us more interactive.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:03 am

On another note though I thought we played well last night despite the loss! Could of done with testing the keeper more but we looked more of a threat going forward than we have in the past.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:24 am

lewism5964 wrote:Maybe it is already under construction but it would be nice on the website to have the profiles of our new squad put up so we can put a name to a face. I went to the game last night and I didn't know who most of the players were. Maybe when we do sign new players the club could announce it on the Facebook or the twitter page too as I've seen other clubs do that, as the only place I have seen we are signing new players is in the local rags. Just a few ideas and it would make us more interactive.

Hi Lewis

I have all the player profiles done on the signed players but a) Liam is still finalising his squad at the moment b) On the questionnaire I gave the signed players they didn't fill out the profile part with very much detail so I will have to chase a few of them up, hence another small delay.
On the Facebook idea, I will speak to Justin who does an excellent job updating it to see if he will announce the new signings if I send them to him once the season starts.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RedJeff Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 am

I don't think the communication is that bad,fixtures etc have been put on more than 1 facebookpage, news papers and web. Yes more can be done and yes there are better websites but how much is enough, when I worked there it was "we don't all have pc's or online" so the info in the papers improved, it's a case of you can't make everyone happy all of the time. You can only reveal those who in the team as and when they are in so to speak and that has been done, I know how much work goes in to running a club and its not easy getting every thing done/right all of the time. I'm sure if someone volunteered to help on communication it would be great fully received, it also says on the website 'anything missing let us know' followed by a email address for this very reason. On entrance fee yes I feel it's expensive but it costs a lot to run a club, more than I think some realise, however the more the town supports the club the better both on and off the pitch. I don't pay to get in though so not so affected but I do sacrifice a few hours to help and see some of the game.
RedJeff
RedJeff
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:03 am

RockDJ wrote:
Leethall wrote:
I think RUFU need to be hell of a lot better at communicating Steve, reality check is for the club to communicate out rather than expecting people to pop in and have a chat to one of those people you have stated.  You know that, I know this, others do but the club continually fail in this area. 

I may be missing something but just what are we failing to communicate?
I will do my utmost to address the areas of concern!

Cheers,    

DJ, this was not a personal criticism of you! I appreciate it is difficult to administer but the earliest we usually get in finding out about player coming and goings is when turning up at the game and finding out! The website I usually updated later than you would expect from past experiences so I never use it nowadays as there was no point.

The means of communicating to fans is there and the club use this via Facebook and Twitter (maybe!) but in the early days of Mr & Mrs Swan taking over there were fans forums, TRUST meetings where we heard what was going on.

I think you will have seen a number of suggestions\ideas mentioned on here about numerous topics, it is easy for all to say the town needs to get behind the football club but it needs to do more to get those people through the gate. My opinion of course and is not in any way or shape correct!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:16 am

Hi Mate, I didn’t take it as a personal criticism, I was just try to provide the fans with a better service as I know a lot of people read the forum.

I will do my level best to provide you with the information you require but I have to juggle being fair to people that purchase a programme & who look on the website, but if anyone has any concerns I’m always happy to chat on matchdays.  

I will also try and do my best to keep you posted on the coming and goings re signings. Obviously it’s easy for me to know who has joined but I don’t know who as left unless the gaffer tells me or I think I’ve not see xyz lately.

We tend to hold less Fans Forums now because they tend to just degenerate down to monetary issues or budgetary questions which frankly are pretty much private matters between Mr Swan and the Manager.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:16 am

RockDJ wrote:Hi Mate, I didn’t take it as a personal criticism, I was just try to provide the fans with a better service as I know a lot of people read the forum.

I will do my level best to provide you with the information you require but I have to juggle being fair to people that purchase a programme & who look on the website, but if anyone has any concerns I’m always happy to chat on matchdays.  

I will also try and do my best to keep you posted on the coming and goings re signings. Obviously it’s easy for me to know who has joined but I don’t know who as left unless the gaffer tells me or I think I’ve not see xyz lately.

We tend to hold less Fans Forums now because they tend to just degenerate down to monetary issues or budgetary questions which frankly are pretty much private matters between Mr Swan and the Manager.

Hi mate, I know you are doing your best for those people that buy a programme but I very much doubt that the younger supporters will buy a programme as they will rather use that money on food or drink. A lot of supporters want to see a fully updated website with social media updates on all that is happening at the club.

Even with this people will still buy programmes where you have special features on players or clubs. Some of the best club websites I see are those that are awash with information on the club, it's players, management teams, history, news, directors, admission prices etc.

There are a number of clubs at lower levels than we are where their websites are informative and updated in more or less real time. I appreciate that you have 100 and 1 jobs to undertake and I am not for one minute asking you to do this! Just my thoughts on said subject but take a look at Stourbridge's website:

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:11 am

I know where you're coming from Lee.
We have all the above that you mentioned on our website but it's a little fragmented.
We agonised for a few days this year on the website, whether or not to change again to a Pitchero site but eventually decided against it.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2