Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chasetown FA Trophy

5 posters

Go down

Chasetown FA Trophy Empty Chasetown FA Trophy

Post  Justin.Fowkes Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 am

After today's game was abandoned due to the severe rain downpour the game is classed as void.

Due to this the game has now been rearranged for Wednesday 23rd October at The Valley.

Kickoff will be 7:45pm.

Due to this the game versus Bideford will now be rearranged to a later date.

We would like to make you aware that the gate fees are shared between both clubs in cup ties which means that unfortunately normal admission prices will apply for this replay.

Hope this helps those of you that are unsure what happens next.

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Chasetown FA Trophy Empty Re: Chasetown FA Trophy

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:17 am

Pity the clubs who know the regular fans do not agree on a reduced entrance fee Very Happy 

It was a good game yesterday, again asleep defensively in the 1st minute when Chase scored but I thought we played well after that and Omari again was quality. Pricey and Sammons looked solid in centre midfield and we looked dangerous going forward.

That cloud burst was epic! Was in the Allotment End and the water was running from the car park through the stand and down the steps. You could argue why the game was abandoned but to be fair to the officials they tried to see it out but the ball was not rolling on the pitch and they made the right decision.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:42 am

Agree it was a good performance by reds after the first couple of minutes! Their keeper made 3 or 4 excellent saves and without him it could have been 5-1 when game fell to weather. I don't think anyone will disagree, that was some mighty heavy rainfall! Disappointed not to get result but I thought the officials tried really hard to finish the game and in the end they had no choice but to abandon it. If they had carried on and someone had been badly injured they would have been sent to hell and back. One very pleasing thing about yesterday was I detected a bit of a good atmosphere creeping back into the valley. Lets hope good results continue and we can get back to march days being a good day out again. Well done to all concerned.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:30 am

oldtommo wrote:Agree it was a good performance by reds after the first couple of minutes! Their keeper made 3 or 4 excellent saves and without him it could have been 5-1 when game fell to weather. I don't think anyone will disagree, that was some mighty heavy rainfall! Disappointed not to get result but I thought the officials tried really hard to finish the game and in the end they had no choice but to abandon it. If they had carried on and someone had been badly injured they would have been sent to hell and back. One very pleasing thing about yesterday was I detected a bit of a good atmosphere creeping back into the valley. Lets hope good results continue and we can get back to march days being a good day out again. Well done to all concerned.
+1     totally agree  Very Happy
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:53 am

I know we didn't actually win, but we were very close, so can anyone remember the last time we won four on the trot?
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Decent, without being spectacular performance last night and the right result after being robbed by the monsoon on Saturday. Sam looked much more confident in goal and Callum played well in defence. Bit of a 15 minute wobble in 2nd half but after 2nd goal result never in doubt. Beginning of a cup run?? Good support from cedar road too!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down