Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then!

+3
del boy
Leethall
rawlings09
7 posters

Go down

Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then! Empty Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then!

Post  rawlings09 Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:09 am

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/11/27/news-Financial-fears-lead-to-stadium-move-rejection-90890.html

It seems money is more important than the future of a football club and young people!wanker 
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then! Empty Re: Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then!

Post  Leethall Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am

rawlings09 wrote:http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/11/27/news-Financial-fears-lead-to-stadium-move-rejection-90890.html

It seems money is more important than the future of a football club and young people!wanker 
I think the council raise some valid points that the club need to take away in that article about risk and the number of houses that would mean access investment is required.

The killer is the fact that they will not allow houses to be built on the ground means this is dead in the water.

Just buy Studley's ground that is up for sale and you can invest in improving it and you have a 3G pitch in situ Laughing 
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then! Empty Re: Looks like we aren't getting a new ground then!

Post  del boy Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

Next time there is a local election, vote Tory!! Very Happy 

If the club ceases to exist in the near future, who else would rent the stadium off the council? They'd soon knock it down and use it for housing then.

As for the land value issue v construction costs....who really knows!? I certainly don't. But when it comes to financial planning, I'd trust Chris Swans ability and judgement over every single one of the towns Councillors combined. It may cost £3.3m to develop if financed by the private sector, but if the development was to be left to the council to plan and manage, it would inevitably end up closer to £7m.

The council talk of exploring other options but what are they?

The obvious alternative is to redevelop The Valley Stadium. Maybe relay and re-size the grass pitches on Terry's Fields and put a 3G surface on the main pitch. But....1) We won't be eligible for promotion above this level unless the rules change and 2) how will it be financed?

If Chris Swan has the patience to stick with the club and pursue this, I can see it going on for years.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:20 pm

If I was Mr Swan...I think I would pack my bags and leave town for good.

Can you imagine the hours both he and Sallie have invested into getting us this far with the new ground proposal? I don't see many hours invested by the elected council members...or am I missing something?

I am disgusted with this decision...it pretty much sums up Redditch and the apathy the general population have about anything..starting from the leaders of the council.
I personally wrote an email to every member on the council list...not even the common courtesy of a single reply! I will be writing again to congratulate them on their heads in the sand politics.

Zero vision, zero energy, zero passion.

Shameful...I really don't see a future for the Reds and lets be honest, without Mr Swan's drive, finances and enthusiasm...the end is in sight.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Councillors and politicians don't care about the long term. It's all about short term policies with their next election in mind.

I agree with Bob, if I was the chairman, I'd now be thinking what's the point?

One thing that I'm struggling to understand..... I find it very hard to believe that Mr. Swan has spent the last 2/3 years developing this plan without any input/discussion with the council. If he has, then more fool him. Presumably, he has been in regular contact with the council since he took over. So why has the club been 'led up the garden path' to be rejected?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:08 am

del boy wrote:Councillors and politicians don't care about the long term. It's all about short term policies with their next election in mind.

That doesn't make sense, surely if it was all about short term policies with their next election in mind the council would just be approving it and keeping people happy!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:18 am

How many people would it keep happy though? Not everybody was in favour of it. You can guarantee that a lot of ignorant people would see it as a taxpayer funded venture even though it wasn't. There would be plenty of NIMBY's to deal with if it had been approved. Anyway, what I meant was short term risk vrs long term gain.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:56 am

Hello Everyone it has been along time since i have posted anything on here but i felt i must say something.It comes as no surprise to me that the council have rejected the plans no matter what the council say they have never really wanted a club in the town i've lost count how many times they have tried to close us down.It breaks my heart to say it but the council have been  looking for away to get us out and now they have it, i feel the end of our beloved Redditch United is coming near i can honestly see no future for us if this move fails.I am sure if you done a survey on the streets of Redditch and asked people if RUFC ceased to excist would it concern them? i'm sure the answer would be a resounding NO.I am fully behind a move but a BIG NO to even considering buying Studley's ground,we are a Worcestershire club and must stay in Redditch a move to Studley is simply a merger.This is a great shame just when the team a doing really well full credit must be given to Liam and the lads and all the hard workers behind the scenes.Good luck and best wishes to you all.Denniis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

A blow for the supporters and the many who give their time and effort for the children of Redditch.

That said a poor overall effort from the Duck, no wonder he wanted to keep his valuation private. Poorly thought out and poorly presented sending up 7 year old girls instead of a sound financial package more or less sums it up for me.

One wonders why he never put his own financial clout on the table to secure the venture after all a winner is a winner is it not.

Mind you 2 thousand pounds a year rent is a bargain at this level and the duck really should be making a killing for the club. When you consider Bromsgrove pay 17 thousand a year and are continually adding to the set up and improving all the time it does make you wonder.

I agree with Del Boy, if he had gone about things properly he would have known that he was on a loser from the start and could have addressed the issues before the presentation stage, bit of a one man band the Duck.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 am

Looks as though the process is continuing...well done to all the club officials for the progress so far.

Hey MM...where you at the Corby game?
I saw a likely candidate....if it was you I now understand why you spend so much time on forums...PMSL
Point and laugh 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 am

Bob Marley wrote:Looks as though the process is continuing...well done to all the club officials for the progress so far. 
Don't forget to thank the little seven year old girl who out shone everyone.

Lee Hendrie playing for Highgate United PMSL

Solihull Moors top of the table PMSL

Bob's faith in the Duck and his secrets PMSL

Point and laugh 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 am

So was it you at the Corby game? yes or no?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:14 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Looks as though the process is continuing...well done to all the club officials for the progress so far. 
Don't forget to thank the little seven year old girl who out shone everyone. Was she not part of the process and should be congratulated?

Lee Hendrie playing for Highgate United PMSL - your point is?

Solihull Moors top of the table PMSL - caught a couple of Conf North (or whatever its called these days) games...wow..the standard has dropped like a stone. The financial impact has finally caught up with teams...good luck in the Conf MM.

Bob's faith in the Duck and his secrets PMSL - your point is?

Point and laugh 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Don't forget to thank the little seven year old girl who out shone everyone.

Lee Hendrie playing for Highgate United PMSL

Solihull Moors top of the table PMSL

Bob's faith in the Duck and his secrets PMSL

Point and laugh 
Strange how you seem so well informed without having the ability to read. Lee Hendrie plays for Bashford United. Can see how you got those two mixed up Point and laugh 
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:
Strange how you seem so well informed without having the ability to read. Lee Hendrie plays for Bashford United. Can see how you got those two mixed up Point and laugh 
Nothing wrong with my reading, I don't have to live in Redditch ..........Laughing Laughing Laughing 

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/highgateunitedfc/s/match-centre-24788/1-902089

See how you get on Head against wall 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:58 pm

So was you at the Corby game? Yes or No?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Bob Marley wrote:So was you at the Corby game? Yes or No?
Sorry Bob but I was not at the Corby game, but somebody obviously gave you some enjoyment and made you think of me. Just for the record Bob I am a member of three forums and post on two scratch 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Sorry Bob but I was not at the Corby game, but somebody obviously gave you some enjoyment and made you think of me. Just for the record Bob I am a member of three forums and post on two scratch 
Do you hide behind a fake name on all of them? Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Redditch_Reject wrote:
Nothing wrong with my reading, I don't have to live in Redditch ..........Laughing Laughing Laughing 

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/highgateunitedfc/s/match-centre-24788/1-902089

See how you get on Head against wall 
And yet....
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-old-boy-lee-6375642
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:49 pm

And Yet What .............Head against wall 

He played for Highgate and scored, I posted that Lee Hendrie playing for Highgate made me laugh.

You come on and start asking me if I can read and telling me who Hendrie plays for, so what's your point and what was the point of your post.

Are you suggesting I was wrong to laugh, lol! 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:50 pm

rawlings09 wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
Do you hide behind a fake name on all of them? Smile
Most people use fake names on forums, don't they Question 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 am

Yes....I saw somebody who I assumed you would look like.

I was surprised to see them in the daylight hours.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:37 am

Bob Marley wrote:Yes....I saw somebody who I assumed you would look like.

I was surprised to see them in the daylight hours.
Who would have thought, Redditch has it's very own Professor Abraham Van Helsing. lol! 

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Caught up with MFC over the weekend.
MM is OHW..surely.
Same language, same tactics, same sh*t.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down