Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi and can we have your help.

+3
Fat Ron
Mr Bonehead
SportingMac
7 posters

Go down

Hi and can we have your help. Empty Hi and can we have your help.

Post  SportingMac Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:13 am

Hello from the Dark Side!

Rob here from Bromsgrove Sporting. I trust you are all well and enjoying your football in the lofty heights, relative to us, of the Calor league.

I hope things are going well with your bid for a new stadium and we wish you well with that.

Here in Bromsgrove we are looking to develop the Victoria Ground and have won a Budweiser grant for £50,000 for ground developments. The Football foundation have supplied matched funding so we are looking at new floodlights and lots of insulation and more efficient heating and rain water collection to reduce our running costs.

Details can be found here:

Bromsgrove standard sports pages

As the article details, we are the winners of the West Midland region and we have submitted a video to attempt to win a further £100k of funding. This will be used to refurbish the main stand & changing rooms.

I know we have spent years slagging each other off, but I was wondering if you could see it in yourselves to vote for Sporting and see if we can get the £100,000. The vote is made here:

facebook.com/BudweiserUK?sk=app_100180143470548

Thanks for your time and all the best for this season and hope to see you all at the Victoria Ground soon for our Boxing Day encounters.

Rob

SportingMac
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Hi and can we have your help. Empty Re: Hi and can we have your help.

Post  Mr Bonehead Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 am

Hi Rob, in the spirit of good neighbourliness I've just done it. Good luck with it, I really miss the old derby matches.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:00 am

Is this a wind up... I am so angry. That I've nearly choked on my doughnut.. Fat Ron  pig

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Well you've got my vote Rob, I do miss thrashing you lot in front a decent crowd ! For those of you who think it's not right to give a bit of support to our biggest rivals look at some of the games we have in the Southern Prem. I mean for Christ's sake Hungerford, Burnham, Arlesey. No disrespect to any of those clubs but does anyone in Redditch give a s**t ?

Bromsgrove on the other hand, well, we'll all be down for that one plus all your mates who don't usually go to Reds games.

Last time we played them at the Valley was 4-1 to us in front of nearly 1200. Surely one of the best days for many a long year to be a Redditch United supporter. These are the games that stir the blood and give the occasion more 'edge'.

For God's sake Rob I wish you lot at Rovers (I mean Sporting, just doesn't sound the same though) would pull your fingers out and get promoted ASAP so we can give you a good kicking again !

Seriously though, all the best and as I said , you've got my vote.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm

I remember the days when Bromsgrove Rovers were in steep decline. They were happy days!!!

But you guys have suffered enough!! As the the above have said, I hope we meet again soon (at our level, not yours!). I miss the derby!!

I've always thought the name 'Sporting' was rather naff! As for changing to red, white and blue.....why???? Drop the crap name, change back to green, and get back to a decent level of non-league football. All the best.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:43 pm

Fat Ron wrote:Is this a wind up... I am so angry. That I've nearly choked on my doughnut.. Fat Ron  pig
priceless mate, have me a good chuckle!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:19 am

Right, after sleeping on it and just to prove old age has mellowed me. I have decided to vote for Bumsgrove to get this Money. There are conditions though. So please read the following carefully.

1. You agree to buy out of the fund, all Sporting supporters, players, representatives and, all affiliates, a life times supply of soap. So the dirty minging scruffy, pi$$ stained in-bred 6 fingered banjo playing tramps, can wash at least once a year. That should work out at about 8 quid.

2.You agree to move to a safe place and that would be beneficial to there health, and general well being. Any rats cockroaches and any other species classed as vermin that have the poor misfortune to live in that slum called Bromsgrove(apart from Sporting supporters) to a safe place, namely the local sewage works at either Alvechurch or Spernal Ash.

3. You submit in full, a quote for the full cost of refurbishing your main stand etc. Not sure what 2 planks, a pack of nails, and a roll of tape cost these day. Also you do not buy any Meths to drink, pretending you need it to wipe things down. You do not buy New strings for your Banjo's etc.

4.The reminder of the fund to be deposited, approx 99K in a bank, of Redditch Utd choosing. So that if ever, in the future we have to play you lot again, we can purchase sheep dips to place  at the entrance to the ground, where upon should any supporters manage to scrounge enough money to get over here, they agree to be dipped and scrubbed down in the content's of the for a mentioned sheep dip. Before entering our beloved Valley stadium. Pegs to be placed at turnstiles, so we can put them on our noses so we don't have to smell any sporting supporters. Wire mesh to place over the bins, so no sporting fans can rummage through looking for scraps of food. Finally the rest of the money to be put towards the cost of fumigating the valley stadium and, any other part of Redditch, that any and all sporting supporters touch.

Please note, we reserve the right to change any of the above without giving prior notice..

Fat Ron  pig  pig

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:37 am

That's more like it Ron, thought for a moment you were going soft in your old age !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:19 am

Likewise I have voted. Why did our club not see this initiative and put us forward?  Head against wall 
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Hi and can we have your help. Empty Thanks & all the best

Post  SportingMac Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:27 am

Just a quick note of thanks to all those who voted for Bromsgrove Sporting and their Budweiser Club Futures Grant.

Looks like Wythenshawe will win the £100K "Super Grant" and all the best to them, their application and the work they put in to get Man Utd to support the bid was a cracking decision.

As stated previously, we hope RUFC all the best for the rest of the season and hope it will not be too many years before we gravitate to your level and we can resume our normal hostilities.

Rob
Commercial Director - Bromsgrove Sporting.

SportingMac
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum