Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Rae is the new Chairman

3 posters

Go down

Ken Rae is the new Chairman Empty Ken Rae is the new Chairman

Post  Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:41 am

I bet that headline got everyones attention.It was announced on BBC Hereford and Worcester today that following the resignation of the chairman at Kidderminster Harriers they have announced Mr Ken Rae as their new chairman and apparantley 3 other directors have resigned from the board so the obvious question what is going on at the Harriers? here is a club that reached the 4th round of the FA Cup and were in the play off places this season and have a fantastic ground with an average gate around 2000 each week and appoint a fairly high level manager in Andy Thorn and it seems the wheels are coming off from talking to a Kiddy season ticket holder there are some rough times coming up for them.This following the Rovers fall from grace and Worcester out of their home and no sign of a new one it seems. We are the only one possibly moving in the right direction but also shows it does not guarantee anything,a new ground with top facilities will not always mean a bright and happy future,we must take note and learn from our neighbours.Maybe Ken Rae is planning a merger between Harriers,Worcester, Rovers/Sporting and the Reds to create a Worcestershire super power  Crying with laughter Good luck to the lads tonght and best wishes to you all.Dennis

Back to top Go down

Ken Rae is the new Chairman Empty Re: Ken Rae is the new Chairman

Post  Mr Bonehead Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 am

Not surprising given his successful track record. I wonder who he'll try to merge them with?
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 am

and GW the new manager?

The KHFC fans seem delighted with these appointments.

Let's see if they are as happy when the FA Cup and Lolley money runs out....

Can't believe it...run the Reds into the ground and then pop up at a Conf team.
The world's gone mad.

Hyper 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:07 am

Well they have the Matt and Lolley money at Kiddy and considerable amounts for both players was received. Add to the FA Cup run ended at Sunderland they should be flush and if this is managed correctly they have a good base to grow the club. What I find strange is Mark Serrell leaving when he had done a Sterling job, must have been some in house going on's as another director and main club sponsor John Davies has also quit -http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24783151.

A strange decision made getting rid of Burr originally and a bad one. Appointing Thorn was a major mistake but appointing Whild is a good one.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:43 pm

I disagree.

Whild was a Director as well as manager at RUFC....I would expect a certain level of business knowledge not to run the football club into the ground; spending money the club clearly could not afford or account for.

No infrastructure, no forward planning....nothing...except throwing money at the likes of Heggs, Palmer etc.

Managing a club on false economy nearly killed our club...harsh reality.
I hope Mr Whild learnt his lesson and is more successful leading KHFC.

I think everyone is now understanding that managing and directing a football club doesn't finish on the field of play.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:33 am

Not sure what you are disagreeing about with my post. I was referring to Gary Whild as a Manager and nothing else..........
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down