Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors

+4
adiy price
in2thevalley
rawlings09
Leethall
8 posters

Go down

Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors Empty Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors

Post  Leethall Fri May 13, 2011 3:10 am

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors Empty Re: Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors

Post  rawlings09 Fri May 13, 2011 3:39 am

scratch

Looks like Alfreton are carefully selecting wise and proven board members... Head against wall
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors Empty Re: Alfreton Appoint Ken Rae to Board of Directors

Post  Leethall Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13372230.stm

Alfreton Town name Ken Rae as a director
Page last updated at 08:58 GMT, Friday, 13 May 2011 09:58 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version Alfreton Town chairman Wayne Bradley says the club will be making a number of new appointments at board level following their promotion.

Ex-Redditch United chairman Ken Rae is the first new face, having been named as a director for the club's first season in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Bradley said he wanted to "strengthen the infrastructure from top to bottom".

He added: "We are looking to expand our director base but are also broadening our operations base in every area."

The Reds enjoyed a wonderful season, winning the Blue Square Bet North title by 10 points to secure promotion.

Rae, 41, a Solihull-based businessman with an engineering company, has plenty of experience in non-league football having been a director at Redditch for eight years and chairman for two until the club changed ownership in March.

He said: "I have known Wayne and the other directors for a while and I know we sing from the same hymnsheet.

"When I was asked if I would like to join the board I had no hesitation. I am excited about being on board and looking forward with relish to the new venture in a new league with an established club."

Chairman Wayne Bradley has talked of his desire to take Alfreton full-time within three years to help them compete at the top tier of non-league football.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 am

Surely he had to put money in to be on the Board at Alfreton... Surely?

I'm not bitter because i don't really care, but he didn't seem that keen to stay just that little bit longer and see us out for the rest of the season.

But thank god we were taken over!

To me, that move from him is a big wanker and middle finger up to everyone who helped keep Redditch going when we were in the sh*t.

I wish alfreton well Neutral
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 1:13 am

I think im with you there Joe,this has got me scratch my head. I am interested to know what other peoples thoughts are on this, not sure i know which way to take this news if im honest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat May 14, 2011 1:58 am

At the Corby game Ken was speaking to me for ages, I could not get away!! He told me that Solihoof Bores wanted him to join their board of directors but he stated he would not do so due to the Redditch/Solihoof rivalry (there isn't one other than the Bores trying to make one wanker s) and he also said that he was good friends with the Eastwood chairman and the Wayne Bradley the Alf Chairman. He had been invited to a few Alfreton games by Wayne so I am not surprised.

I doubt he has put any money in, I would think he is joining the board as the statement states to aid the club in areas of growth. I bet that the Solihoof Dog Van will be at the Impact Arena next season Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun May 15, 2011 4:17 am

Leethall wrote:At the Corby game Ken was speaking to me for ages, I could not get away!! He told me that Solihoof Bores wanted him to join their board of directors but he stated he would not do so due to the Redditch/Solihoof rivalry (there isn't one other than the Bores trying to make one wanker s) and he also said that he was good friends with the Eastwood chairman and the Wayne Bradley the Alf Chairman. He had been invited to a few Alfreton games by Wayne so I am not surprised.

I doubt he has put any money in, I would think he is joining the board as the statement states to aid the club in areas of growth. I bet that the Solihoof Dog Van will be at the Impact Arena next season Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quality as always Leethal. Crying with laughter
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sun May 15, 2011 9:02 am

i'm amased as anyone that kens gone there, 2 months ago he was pledging his loyalty to redditch utd and now the seasons not even finished ( play offs ) and he's joined another club, so much for being a red! i expected him to join another club but not this soon. my only hope now is he doesnt take tim, because they've just lost their seceraty and love him or loathe him tims a very good secreraty I love you
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 15, 2011 9:31 am

adiy price wrote:i'm amased as anyone that kens gone there, 2 months ago he was pledging his loyalty to redditch utd and now the seasons not even finished ( play offs ) and he's joined another club, so much for being a red! i expected him to join another club but not this soon. my only hope now is he doesnt take tim, because they've just lost their seceraty and love him or loathe him tims a very good secreraty I love you
+1 I'd like to see Tim stay here at Redditch United F.c. afro

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 am

Tim Delaney? We all like tim!!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 am

I bet that the Solihoof Dog Van will be at the Impact Arena next season

Yeah...with that incredible deal 'rent plus a share of the takings' Head against wall
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan Tue May 17, 2011 8:20 am

makes me laugh how these 'so called' football fans happily switch sides dear o dear me Mr Rae whatever credit you did have has just been washed away.

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue May 17, 2011 9:29 am

I think Ken had to leave the Reds with the new regime....my opinion.

It was clear that the debts were out of control and despite several attempts by TRUST members to help with the accounting and recovery plan, it was seen as an impossible situation by the Directors.

As we have all said before, Ken and Tracey gave their time and financial support to keep the ship afloat and for that we must be thankful...but I think it's best for all parties that he moves on.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue May 17, 2011 11:57 am

succintly put Steve, as ever.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am

I hope Alfreton have got plenty of Tesco carrier bags for their accounts Rolling Eyes
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down