Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet... too quiet.

4 posters

Go down

Quiet... too quiet. Empty Quiet... too quiet.

Post  rawlings09 Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:27 pm

On here at the moment Wink
Eerie Neutral

Last edited by rawlings09 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Quiet... too quiet. Empty Re: Quiet... too quiet.

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Im not worried mate, Manager in talks with other players plus there is an open training session for those wanting to try out for Redditch.
Don't forget other Teams only need to source some players where as we need to find a whole new Team of players, this will take a bit of time.
I have not heard of any issues from the club, I do know there have been loads of players phoning the club. I'd say have a little patience and all will become clear soon, scraping the walls tomorrow will take your mind of it mate. Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Now most of the league AGM's are done and dusted then we will see major movement now with Players moving to clubs and committing to clubs as they know where clubs are in the Pyrmaid.

What I want to see are the fixtures and specifically some good away days such as Weymouth away on August Bank Holiday weekend for a proper Beer up! We can challenge their supporters side to a game of beach football Cup
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Everybody wants Weymouth away on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the summer! No doubt we'll end up playing there on a cold, damp Tuesday night in January!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm

del boy wrote:Everybody wants Weymouth away on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the summer! No doubt we'll end up playing there on a cold, damp Tuesday night in January!
+1!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 am

Latest news.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/sportstory-44848.html

Just to comment on one quote;

Swan added: "........and I will be speaking to any potential new signings personally to ensure they convince me they too have this desire and want to be part of a new beginning."

On one hand, I like the commitment and hands on approach. But surely this is for Martin Sockett to decide? Sure, Mr. Swan should sit in the background and listen in on the interview; and offer his opinion. But for me, this should be the managers territory. If Martin gets it wrong, then he needs to explain why to the Chairman!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:55 am

I think the times of letting the manager 'get on with it' are long gone and old fashioned.

I personally like to look any candidate in the eye to see if they 'have it' and 'want it' before they are employed.

Mr Swan will run the Reds as he would his business....he knows the type of 'men' he wants....not stupid, prima donna kids that float off when a tenner is waved infront of their noses...

I appreciate his 'hands on' approach...the days of Whild/Heggs etc. doing what they wanted with no validation, almost killed our club.

Remember the Howard Forrington fiasco? $400 per week? joke...so I applaud Mr Swan taking such a vested interest in the future players of RUFC.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Intresting press release!

Great buzz around the club, and the football in the comunity scheme is going well too! Cup
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 pm

I agree that the Chairman/Board of Directors could/should become involved… but only on the odd occasion where the selling players club are demanding a high transfer fee or the player is demanding a wage that is unusually high.

Other than that, let the manager do his job. It’s not the chairman’s job to micromanage the playing side. I’m not really commenting on Mr. Swan or Martin Socket in particular on this; this is just my general view on how clubs (all clubs) should be run.

Give Martin his budget and let him decide on who and how he spends it. If he gets it wrong, then he is answerable for it.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

But Del...this isn't Man U....for a club like the Reds to grow, we need a special type of player.

One that trains every week, one that interacts with the fans, one that truns up at social events, one that is prepared to stand in the Town centre promoting the club, one that comes to the bar after the game.......not just good players that don't want to do any of this.

I remember when we were organising the Kingfisher Day...I personally asked G. Whild if the players could come to the town centre 3 hours before a home game to promote the club.
He told me he asked every player and only Danny Lewis said he would...

We know from our playing days that the best players never came training...never helped with the nets and never paid their subs....we don't want this type of player IMO that maybe attractive to the manager.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum