Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendlies

+6
Leethall
drummer boy
Redditchbluenose86
del boy
Bob Marley
arsene
10 posters

Go down

Friendlies Empty Friendlies

Post  arsene Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:32 am

Call me sad if you like but I was greatly encouraged to find our friendlies listed in the fixtures on the Southern League website (http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/fixtures/friendlies.asp?section=fixtures). Dare I say this would not have happened under some previour regimes!!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Friendlies Empty Re: Friendlies

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 pm

I think it's fair to say that from a communications and organisation point of view, we are making fantastic progress.

I called the club office last week at 4.30pm local time...the phone was answered immediatley and I spoke with 3 people who answered my questions without delay...I was very, very impressed.

Mark is doing a great job and the support from others around the club is really having an effect.

I have never seen the Reds in a better position: debt free, decent pitch, ground, players wanting to play, organisation, communication, commercial interest....the whole place is buzzing and I can feel that from across the Atlantic!

Keep up the great work everyone... Beer

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 pm

I’ve been speaking to a fair number of people about the Reds over the last week or so. On one extreme, I have an Uncle who “would be interested in coming down” but thinks that £3 is reasonable and won’t even contemplate paying anymore!!! At the other end of the spectrum, I’ve had a friend tell me that he and his mate are going to buy season tickets; they are not seasoned fans but have become disenchanted with following the blues and are looking for a change. Will this happen? Who knows!?

I guess that only time will tell. If the early season response from fans is not as good as hoped for, it’s not a total disaster. Perseverance is the key word!

As for the friendly’s, I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of such games and don’t usually take much interest. It’s the revolving door of substitutions in the second half that makes me wonder why I bother…..…I simply don’t find them enjoyable to watch.

That said, I’ll be there for the Bromsgrove games and I’m looking forward to it! I’m mostly looking forward to the fixtures coming out tomorrow (south coast in August please J)
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I heard we won again today 3-1?

Not bad as RCW have thrown some cash at their squad this season, so I understand.

I don't think pre-season could have gone any better so far....Mr Swan's Redolution is well on track!! Bow down

Great stuff considering we nearly folded in March! Beer Cheers

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 am

Where were the score updates on the Facebook page? Head against wall
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:11 am

He was in Amsterdam visiting the local tourist attractions Surprised

Painting the town Red Crying with laughter
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  drummer boy Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Didn't know I would be missed iam bk tues as bob said visiting local tourist attractions hehe Banana sex
drummer boy
drummer boy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:47 pm

I hear we won 5-2 tonight?

I'm going for a lie down..
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 am

Can anybody who goes to the games post the scores and team please?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 am

Leethall wrote:Can anybody who goes to the games post the scores and team please?
Hope to have a system in place via new facebook for start of the season, I was not there last night as I Very Happy was working at the valley. I don't think anyone went other than the Team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:58 am

Why do we need another site?

We have the official, this forum, trust, facebook (how many?) sites etc.....

The results, including lat nights at HSJ ,are on the official site as are the match reports (except last nights...........I'm sure it will come!).

I thought TRUST members would be promoting 'traffic' towards the official site not away from it!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:42 am

I setup the facebook last year during the period where the official site was out of date.
I have now signed the account over to the club, as they want it linked directly.
They are also speaking to facebook in order to get previous pages removed as they are inactive, and confusing (too many). So hopefully, soon, we will have ONE official facebook page.
It would be silly not to target facebook!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim_S Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 am

Will the club have a twitter account too? It's agreat way to update people on scores and club promotions. (I know there is currently an unnofficial one, but can this be made into an official one?)

Can I also suggest putting facebook page and twitter name(if one gets set up) on future promotional flyers and posters?
Tim_S
Tim_S
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:54 am

Tim_S wrote:Will the club have a twitter account too? It's agreat way to update people on scores and club promotions. (I know there is currently an unnofficial one, but can this be made into an official one?)

Can I also suggest putting facebook page and twitter name(if one gets set up) on future promotional flyers and posters?

I think a Twitter account was set up mate last season, not sure by who though!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:06 am

As Bluenose has said there are so many its confusing,with the new facebook (and soon hopefully the only one) we can get percentages of views etc and also to release info from the club to all the sites we have at the same time. this is so the right info gets to you guy's, all other facebooks will hopefully be shut down one by one(but we have to chase these people and or go through facebook owners to get this done which takes time).
As I said before the club is listening to all comments and trying to solve problems that are mentioned but we are a small team solving lots of issues, so please bare with us as we hope to get many of these issues solved for the start of the season. lets hope for a bumper crowd tomorrow and feed back on the day will be very much welcome. Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Anyway not being side tracked by mundane issues, it is so refreshing to see the team competing and being sucessful during the friendlies. The opposition at times has been of a lesser quality, but you can only beat what is in front of you. What makes me so sick is that the majority of people are so quick to criticise anything and everything that is new. I for one think that we are moving in the right direction on and of the field, and the progress we make will be down to Chris, mark jeff, Joe, Aidy, and many others who contribute to the fantastic efforts and determination to get Reddittch going in the right direction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ldnblues/redditch Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 pm

in2thevalley wrote:Anyway not being side tracked by mundane issues, it is so refreshing to see the team competing and being sucessful during the friendlies. The opposition at times has been of a lesser quality, but you can only beat what is in front of you. What makes me so sick is that the majority of people are so quick to criticise anything and everything that is new. I for one think that we are moving in the right direction on and of the field, and the progress we make will be down to Chris, mark jeff, Joe, Aidy, and many others who contribute to the fantastic efforts and determination to get Reddittch going in the right direction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your quite right the reds seem to be going in the right direction with some brilliant pr off the pitch and some good results on it albeit friendlies thus far nonetheless still a massive step forward from where things were heading.

ldnblues/redditch
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum