Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Redditch win the league?

4 posters

Go down

Will Redditch win the league? Empty Will Redditch win the league?

Post  ldnblues/redditch Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:00 am

It would appear that the reds now have a very ambitious chairman that is willing to back the club with serious money. I have to say how impressed I am with all that as happened since his arrival at the club. Dance

So looking at the league and having a good manager allied to a generous chairman surely the perfect recipe for a tilt at the title?

ldnblues/redditch
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Will Redditch win the league? Empty Re: Will Redditch win the league?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 am

No...for me top half will be a great achievement and the club must learn to walk before it can run....especially off the field.

From where we were in March...the club has been transformed in every way and alot of hard work has been put in to make this happen...this is BRILLIANT...we were days away from closure so to be talking about this season is a major step forward in itself.

Mr Swan is ambitious and will back the club but the most important thing is the club is self sufficient....we must never go back to the old ways!!!

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm

There is a big difference between a chairman who is willing to back the club, and a chairman who is willing to back the team. Backing the club is taking the longer but sensible, prudent route. Backing the team but forgetting about the club may be exciting for the fans in the short term, but it will usually end in one way and one way only. That ‘way’ is rarely good.

A month or two ago, given our estimated playing budget of £1000 a week, I thought we’d be in for another tough season (on the pitch) at the wrong end of the table. With all that I’ve read since then, there does seem to be fewer free spenders, and more clubs on tighter / limited /reduced budgets than previous, recent years in the Southern Prem.

Will we win this league? Perhaps…… but not this season! I very much doubt we’ll make the playoffs either; we may flirt with that possibility now and again during the season, but I’m predicting that it’s going to be a mid table finish.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ldnblues/redditch Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Good replies from both delboy and bob marley your both right in that considering where the reds were a few months back it was certainly looking like another bromsgrove waiting to happen.

I am quite surprised how many teams the reds are running this season which must cost an absolute fortune but it is a step in the right direction by engaging more with the local community it can only lead to more locals getting interested in going to the matches at the valley.

At school boy level the reds should be tapping up all the district and county players from redditch as well as those from kings norton to build a brand that automatically invokes an association with success in our psyche.

ldnblues/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I may be wrong, but I believe that the various youth teams are , or were, relatively independent from the senior club. Rather than being a drain on the clubs resources, I think they contributed to it. As I said, I may be wrong and it might be different now.

As for Kings Norton……why!?!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am

Will we win the league? good question. heart says yes, head sys no, HOWEVER, the squad that i have seen in several freindlies so far,looks more than capable of competing in th the top 6,. I would love to see a team that can win a game and when they are winning, knows how to keep it. In HYDE I think we have the perfect coach, and things with him will only improve.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ldnblues/redditch Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm

del boy wrote:I may be wrong, but I believe that the various youth teams are , or were, relatively independent from the senior club. Rather than being a drain on the clubs resources, I think they contributed to it. As I said, I may be wrong and it might be different now.

As for Kings Norton……why!?!

It's local mate and before the worcestershire borders were changed kings norton and areas such as kings heath were all part of worcs. I want redditch lads to play for the reds but it will not be possible at the level they play to fill it with redditch lads.

ldnblues/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down