Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

+14
nevergreen
in2thevalley
Bob Marley
redditch born
J.Rawlings22
rawlings09
del boy
Mrs Moor
SID SNOT
porrohman
ROWLY1971
Captain Carlin
Redditchbluenose86
Leethall
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  in2thevalley Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

del boy wrote:
redditch born wrote: im very worryed about the presant situation more so than i was last year when the club ran out of money!

Perhaps my spelling comment was a cheap shot. But your above statement is why you really deserve ridicule. Find something positive to contribute and maybe you'll be taken seriously.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Redditch 0 Swindon Supermarine 1

Post  mattim Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 pm

redditch born wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
redditch born wrote:
I think the answer to that is the answer to a bigger question? whats swan brought it for??????? and before you all guess i know

This bit i find stupid... If there's something you know and don't intend on telling anyone else, then keep in off the forum. This is the perfect spark for rumours... and everyone knows what rumours do.

If you know why Chris bought the club, by all means tell, if you know why he's bought the club and don't intend on telling then please don't post things like that...

Seems strange that some people know things that others don't... especially now it's been aired on here... surely people are going to start asking questions?

Keep it to yourself or tell the group Head against wall

rawlings let me make things quite clear I wached redditch play peterbourgh in the fa cup iv watched them all my life and i as ever only want the best for us, im very worryed about the presant situation more so than i was last year when the club ran out of money! cus if they had of gone bust the club would survive council own the ground! ok would mean drooping a few leagues like a lot of non league side have done, how does mr swan make his money? why is he actively trying to buy the ground? hasnt he said hes not going to throw money at the club so why is he trying to buy the ground? that ground should stay in the ownership of the council ie people of the town for the town.

So what's so flaming different about the situation now ?! The club could have gone bust and the council own the ground, the club didn't go bust and the council still own the ground, big deal.

Do you seriously think for one moment that the council are considering selling the Valley Stadium to that nice Mr Swan so he can put a load of houses there ? Christ, they would have been more likely to have done that if the club had gone under and they had been left with a nice big empty space.

As I understand it the council are very committed (and I can assure you always have been) to helping the club over many years. Chris Swan doesn't need the expense, the time and the general hassle and inconvenience of trying to persuade the council to let him buy the poxy amount of land occupied by the the Valley Stadium.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 pm

One of the very first things that the evil, land grabbing Mr. Swan did, was to negotiate an extended lease on the Valley Stadium with the local council.

He did this so he could quickly and easily bulldoze the ground in 50 years time, and build a cheap modern housing estate for a quick buck.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Why are those who are offering a different opinion being so vilified on here? Should they just keep their views to themselves in order to please the majority? Labelling people "sh*t stirring pricks, trolls," etc is a poor reflection on what should be an open forum for all views.

Criticising someone for showing a lack of respect towards the Chairman is a bit rich coming from someone who did nothing but criticise the previous one. In fact I seem to recall being being urged to boycott the Club so it goes out of business. I ageed with the sentiment at the time but it could hardly be described as a "positive comment." Whether a comment can be desribed as positive or negative depends if you agree or not with the point being made. A lot of negative things were said and done towards the previous regime which many will say had the positive outcome of getting the club a new owner.

The comments being made about the actions of the Chairman now pale into insignificance compared to those days. So please stop being so sanctimonious and let he without sin cast the first stone. Here endeth the sermon!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:Why are those who are offering a different opinion being so vilified on here? Should they just keep their views to themselves in order to please the majority? Labelling people "sh*t stirring pricks, trolls," etc is a poor reflection on what should be an open forum for all views.

Criticising someone for showing a lack of respect towards the Chairman is a bit rich coming from someone who did nothing but criticise the previous one. In fact I seem to recall being being urged to boycott the Club so it goes out of business. I ageed with the sentiment at the time but it could hardly be described as a "positive comment." Whether a comment can be desribed as positive or negative depends if you agree or not with the point being made. A lot of negative things were said and done towards the previous regime which many will say had the positive outcome of getting the club a new owner.

The comments being made about the actions of the Chairman now pale into insignificance compared to those days. So please stop being so sanctimonious and let he without sin cast the first stone. Here endeth the sermon!

Bonehead, we have ‘four’ new, highly active posters in less than a week. They are all singing from the same hymn sheet, they all have the same points to make, they all have the same axe to grind. Not one of them has anything positive to say.

Coincidence?

Trolls / same troll don’t contribute anything. The only think they will contribute is to the downfall of this forum.

At the time, I thought Redjeff was wrong to censor too much, too soon. With the benefit of hindsight, he was right.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Only positive posts permitted? Was the that the idea of changing forums? To keep everyone " on message?" Very Orwellian. I don't think I'll bother.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:03 pm

Redjeff wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:
Redjeff wrote: Socket... he knew at interview that Hydey and fenners were there and what there jobs were, he took the job knowing this and at no point objected. FACT. He then brings in Smith! why? who Knows! what did he bring to the table

Dear me Jeff so much to say but such little understanding. It is plainly obvious Smith was bought in because he was the only one with an address book that catered for players at the budget you had available. If Smith had not arrived you would have struggled to find a team, most of the better player are the players he bought into the club anyway.

Leethall wrote:having watched only 2 games with them in charge it was proven that they were not.

Two games, Head against wall

Sums you up really.............
if thats the case then his future in football is not bright, even I have a bt phone book and is that what happened at Alverchurch?. you dont bring a phone book in without the ability to train, just concentrate on your driving range.

Jeff you really are in a pickle, Mr Smith was the assistant manager not the coach. The coach is Mr Hyde, you know the chap who has been the one constant throughout your last three Managers and your string of poor results, infact the only bright light was when Sockett & Smith were there.

If memory serves Smith resigned from Alvechurch but never the less if Alvechurch are such a subject of ridicule to you why have you poached their last two Managers. Embarassed

Please explain to me why the best players you now have on your books came from Mr Smith, was that not his job and in all fairness he did it very well because you are still playing his players and they seem to be the ones the supporters rate the highest.

It seems when you are plainly wrong you resort to insult and poor humour.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:Why are those who are offering a different opinion being so vilified on here? Should they just keep their views to themselves in order to please the majority? Labelling people "sh*t stirring pricks, trolls," etc is a poor reflection on what should be an open forum for all views.

I think you have your facts wrong Mr Bonehead.
I, for one, never urged anyone to boycott the club.
After the merger scandal, I decided not to attend matches for 3 months and donated my entrance money to Lee Downes (club captain)...who, like many players, left the club when they were owed money the club could NEVER afford. Lee would not accept the cash, so it went to Pitcheroak school instead.
I bemoaned the previous Chairman for misleading me face to face...I do not work that way, as you well know.
The previous regime where killing the club...period...promising to creditors/council/players what we could NEVER, EVER afford. This had to end and if it wasn't for the supporters last season...the club would be dead by now, FACT.

My point is a simple one...Mr Swan saved REDDITCH UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB....I think it is only reasonable/fair/intelligent to give the new owners more than 6 months to turn the impending disaster into any kind of success and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Put yourself in his shoes for 1 moment....he saves the club at the final hour....he pays debts of more than 100k from his own pocket...he finds no management accounts, no financial records, no procedures, no sponsors, no goodwill, a clubhouse falling down with no running water, electricity and phone cut off, no beer, no nothing....he puts it all right in 5 months and then sees people on this forum calling him a 'clown' !?!

What would you do?

A message to the good folk of Redditch...my old dad told me 'be careful what you wish for son...you may just get it one day'
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:49 pm

redditch born wrote:
redditch born wrote:
I think the answer to that is the answer to a bigger question? whats swan brought it for??????? and before you all guess i know
how does mr swan make his money? why is he actively trying to buy the ground? hasnt he said hes not going to throw money at the club so why is he trying to buy the ground? that ground should stay in the ownership of the council ie people of the town for the town.

This was the question i asked you... Why claim you know why Chris bought the club, then ask me questions that i don't know and if i wanted to know, would go and speak to Chris directly...

Why say you know?... The point of my reply to you was if you know why Chris bought the club, either say it to everyone... or not at all.

It's like seeing in the paper "The truth behind the RUFC Takeover" then nothing underneath it... sooner or later people are going to ask questions.

Personally i don't think The Valley is a prime site for property, there are much better plots of land at erm lets see... aggborough? And if he did want to turn it into a housing estate, he wouldn't put £160k of his own money improving the place.

So here's me asking you... Why did Chris Swan buy Redditch United?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Put your pinny down a minute Mrs Moor.
Hydey came to the club and despite our players not getting paid, despite putting a different team out most weeks, despite having 7 or 8 at some sessions, he had them playing some decent stuff. So decent the crowd NEVER turned against him or Simon. In the circumstances...a great job done.
Hinge and Bracket came to the club, Hydey barely did any coaching and it culminated with the WORST performance by any team at the Valley for donkeys years. Hardly Hydey's fault.
Two games lost by the new management hardly constitutes poor 'string of results'.
So he's hardly the one constant is he? You know jack about our club really do you? You haven't got a clue.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:29 am

porrohman wrote:Put your pinny down a minute Mrs Moor.
Hydey came to the club and despite our players not getting paid,

Porrohman, are you praising Hyde for training players who turned up, in any amount, and werent getting paid to be trained..... Or are you praising Hyde for training unpaid players while himself being unpaid for the privelage?

Im not asking because I know the answer, Im asking because I would like to know the answer and you post as though you do....

When the players Redders assembled to train and play for the club for nothing... was Hyde in the same financial boat?
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:35 am

It's more in the context of, motivation of those players, despite those players not getting paid. In one of my earlier posts re this I stated players played for us for nothing and came training twice a week ' because of the training they were getting'...back then some players never bothered training yet played on a Saturday because that was all we had.
I can't see the relevance of Hydey getting paid or not in the above.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:35 am

Hear hear.

Its been the same for a long time, you cant go against the grain on here without being vilified for it and it makes me wonder why I bother.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:22 am

Is it just me but isn't this thread getting a little boring now?!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:43 am

arsene wrote:Is it just me but isn't this thread getting a little boring now?!

+ 1000 and everything I own.

By all means debate, but this is going round and round in circles.

My opinion for what it's worth:

I don't care who's in charge of the team as long as results are produced.
S&S had all of pre-season to mould together what should have been a competitive squad of players (not cup winners by any means). This wasn't done along with a string of other tasks required from a manager, so I support the decision to change manager(s).
I'd be giving Hyde and Fenners the same treatment should they turn out to be the same.
However 2 games in, taking over a damaged team, this will take time.

Local players or not, I don't care. If I wanted to watch local players I'd go to south Redditch on a Sunday morning.
I think Chris' aim was to incorporate as much local talent into the side to create a 'homegrown' feel to the club. Maybe now he realises that at this present time, the level if talented, Redditch based footballers are relatively low, or not quite ready for this level.
As Bob said, he's earned the right to make the odd mistake, but sounds like he's realised this if what you are saying is true (£250 per week players etc).
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 am

porrohman wrote:players played for us for nothing and came training twice a week ' because of the training they were getting'

No, players played for you for nothing because you were in the Blue Square. I know one of those players still plays for nothing in the MFC 2 for Aston, some people play because they enjoy it and don't care about the money.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 am

porrohman wrote:Put your pinny down a minute Mrs Moor. You know jack about our club really do you? You haven't got a clue.

I know you lost again today porrohman Embarassed

I also know sacking Sockett & Smith after seven games was plainly stupid.

I also know putting Fenemore & Hyde in charge was even dafter.

I know Fenemore could not produce at RCW and Hyde is unproven with no knowledge at this level.

I know you will struggle to attract players because the managers footprint is restricted.

I know you should have given Sockett & Smith time to build a team.

I love you your'e funny

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Bonehead, we have ‘four’ new, highly active posters in less than a week. They are all singing from the same hymn sheet, they all have the same points to make, they all have the same axe to grind. Not one of them has anything positive to say.

Coincidence?

Trolls / same troll don’t contribute anything. The only think they will contribute is to the downfall of this forum.

At the time, I thought Redjeff was wrong to censor too much, too soon. With the benefit of hindsight, he was right.

del boy your a p#ck! lets me put you in the picture, iv only just got a computer hence the ### instead of stars becouse i cant find them? iv been watching redditch before the club house was built my veiws may be diffrent to yours but im going to make you a promise if you ridicuel me again i will find out who you are and finnish the disagrement in person the old fashioned way, do you understand me!!! I PROMISE
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:18 pm

This was the question i asked you... Why claim you know why Chris bought the club, then ask me questions that i don't know and if i wanted to know, would go and speak to Chris directly...

Why say you know?... The point of my reply to you was if you know why Chris bought the club, either say it to everyone... or not at all.

It's like seeing in the paper "The truth behind the RUFC Takeover" then nothing underneath it... sooner or later people are going to ask questions.

Personally i don't think The Valley is a prime site for property, there are much better plots of land at erm lets see... aggborough? And if he did want to turn it into a housing estate, he wouldn't put £160k of his own money improving the place.

So here's me asking you... Why did Chris Swan buy Redditch United?

rawlings i hope im wrong i really really hope mr swan is good for his word, he has been a breath of fresh air. makes his living buying land cheap and selling it, if he were to buy the ground for less that a million he woud make a handsome profit, theres no reson to buy the land he has a fifty year lease and that would be able to be renewed, all im saying is if he tryed to buy the land dont run blind ask yourself does he need to? i hope what has been said to me is wrong and mr swan is our shinning knight
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 pm

BORED Arrow
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:35 am

redditch born wrote:
rawlings i hope im wrong i really really hope mr swan is good for his word, he has been a breath of fresh air. makes his living buying land cheap and selling it, if he were to buy the ground for less that a million he woud make a handsome profit, theres no reson to buy the land he has a fifty year lease and that would be able to be renewed, all im saying is if he tryed to buy the land dont run blind ask yourself does he need to? i hope what has been said to me is wrong and mr swan is our shinning knight

Did a Kidderminster fan tell you that? We had loads of them saying he'd build houses on The Valley when Chris took us over...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 am

Bob Marley wrote:BORED Arrow

Well if you're bored of this thread then stop posting on it or is it you want everyone else to stop? I seem to remember on the old forum when users such as "Dazza", "whatahitson" and "delboy" often said they were bored of your negative postings. In fact they accused you of similar things you are accusing others of now. I agreed with you back and some of what you're saying now but please let all opinions be heard.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:56 am

rawlings09 wrote:
redditch born wrote:

Did a Kidderminster fan tell you that? We had loads of them saying he'd build houses on The Valley when Chris took us over...

Hi rawlings didnt know that? no dont think i know any, went last year to watch young jack bryon he did really well,we miss him. im not trying to make trouble all tho i have seemed to have offened some people on here, cant see why iv only aired my fears. as far as im concerned iv stated what i know and you are all aware of what i am now. all im saying is like me support your team and mr swan but oppose any moves to buy the ground! iv got nothing more to add or to say on the subject.
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:49 am

redditch born wrote:
Hi rawlings didnt know that? no dont think i know any, went last year to watch young jack bryon he did really well,we miss him. im not trying to make trouble all tho i have seemed to have offened some people on here, cant see why iv only aired my fears. as far as im concerned iv stated what i know and you are all aware of what i am now. all im saying is like me support your team and mr swan but oppose any moves to buy the ground! iv got nothing more to add or to say on the subject.

All sour grapes mate. I can understand where you're coming from that Chris might have bought the club for a bit of land for housing... However, i won't oppose any moves for him to buy the ground because for all we know, he could build a nice new stadium a few years down the line.

Personally, if he bought the ground for property, i doubt he'd have put the money in to pay debts, stock the shop and bar, make renovations to the club house, sort the pitch out, carpet the dressing room, put new stairs in, fix the pool table, buy afvertising boards, sponsor the training kit and countless more tasks. He'd have left it as a debt ridden shithole, bought the ground and bulldozed it straight away.

Anyway, we've had this debate about grounds etc.

I just wondered why you put on here that you knew why Chris bought the Club that's all...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:42 am

rawlings09 wrote:
redditch born wrote:

All sour grapes mate. I can understand where you're coming from that Chris might have bought the club for a bit of land for housing... However, i won't oppose any moves for him to buy the ground because for all we know, he could build a nice new stadium a few years down the line.

Personally, if he bought the ground for property, i doubt he'd have put the money in to pay debts, stock the shop and bar, make renovations to the club house, sort the pitch out, carpet the dressing room, put new stairs in, fix the pool table, buy afvertising boards, sponsor the training kit and countless more tasks. He'd have left it as a debt ridden shithole, bought the ground and bulldozed it straight away.

Anyway, we've had this debate about grounds etc.

I just wondered why you put on here that you knew why Chris bought the Club that's all...

Hi Rawlings I can see from your comments that your a very educated man? Very sharp buissness mind? Me I cant spell! so you must be right??? lol you know i cant be bothered mate! but i do wonder with a sharp buissnes mind like yours you must have millions £££££££££££ why didnt you buy the club?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next