Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions

Post  Leethall Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Leethall wrote:
Redditch Events wrote:
Redjeff wrote:can i just ask why we have cards?

Proof of membership upon entry. Trust members receive certain discounts/privelidges, like £2.00 off
Coach Travel to the last Carling Cup Match.

I'll grab my card on Saturday then lads! Get it ready to hand over, you have been having my cash for months Very Happy

Can somebody ensure I am on the minutes email distribution pls? Dave Jones was going to raise my idea about a 100/500 club on Monday but could not make it. I had emailed it to Steve as well. What I will do is try and get to the next TRUST meeting to go through it.

It needs to be signed onto by the club if they want to use it to clear debt though in a clear and accountable manner Rules

If not we can run it through TRUST and make more money to bank and maybe use it to buy the club Screen Punch

Sorry to be a pain mate but could you explain the 100/500 to me please, I've heard about it before but haven't got a clue what it involves Embarassed

100/500 Club

This is a monthly competition where you collect a set amount of money from a member that is then used to pay a prize and raise money for the club. Taking into account the amount you charge people you need to consider if you need to register with the District Council in respect of the Lottery/Gaming Act (or whatever it is called).

For example we run a 100 club where members are charged £2 a month per number and the current monthly prizes are as follows:

1st Prize - £40
2nd Prize - £20
3rd Prize - £10

We have around 130 people who pay £2 a month that generates a total of £260 of which we pay out £70 in prize money and make £190 a month that over the course of a year makes £2,260. Now as people pay by standing order in most cases (a number pay by cheque or cash which is not advisable as it is hard to manage) on a monthly/6 monthly or annual basis there are minimal bank charges.

The aim here is to strike a balance to set the monthly entrance at a suitable level, base the prize fund at a level that will get people interested and ensure that you can manage the entrants and monthly draws.

What is good is that it is a simple thing to set up. What you need is a register to identify people who are members (in our case a spreadsheet), set up a joining form/instruction that people fill in (name, address, email address, number of numbers, direct debit/standing order details etc) and once they have been confirmed you allocate a number starting. Obviously payment has to be made so they are in the draw for a given month. Winners are then notified via email, phone, website, programme etc and cash sent or collected. Most people join this and will continue indefinitely and as it is easy to set up and administer you just keep on top of this.

By charging more per month you can increase the prize pool and money that the club make from this (taking into account any legislation but I think if you pay a fee of £40 it is then £20 a year but don’t quote me on this!). The draw is conducted by having each number printed on a disk that is purely drawn out and matched to your master list. This is done throughout the summer months at the end of a game of cricket in the clubhouse and throughout the winter at our committee meetings.

What ideally you need is to get as many people participating as possible. Now with the hard core supporters joining and getting family, friends, work colleagues etc to join it can easily get you a decent entry and monthly income in. If you target initially 100 members then that is a start, you can then set targets to 150, 200, 250 etc and in achieving each target you can then increase the prize pool. What you can also think about doing is to have a grand xmas draw where it may be £5 for that month and increase the prize pool as a grand draw. There are a number of things you can do to adopt this.

Possible Income

£2 a month brings in:

100 members = £200
200 members = £400
250 members = £500

You then set a prize fund for 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc

£5 a month

100 members = £500
200 members = £1,000
250 members = £1,250

You then set a prize fund for 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc

Cup