Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 2 Cambridge 0

+8
Fat Ron
rawlings09
Captain Carlin
ROWLY1971
porrohman
Bob Marley
Leethall
mattim
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reds 2 Cambridge 0 Empty Reds 2 Cambridge 0

Post  mattim Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am

Well, I didn't expect that !
Can't give a match report because I couldn't go but if we continue to get results like that when I don't go, I promise to stay away for the rest of the season.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 2 Cambridge 0 Empty Re: Reds 2 Cambridge 0

Post  Leethall Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am

A good win that. Cambridge all over us for most of the game and we scored 2 without reply in the 1st half. The 1st a penalty by McKenzie when Moses-Garvey when the right back (Stephen Carr look-alike) had hold of his shirt when MG was not even juimping for the ball. The 2nd was definately an own goal.

Our No 8 was then sent off for volleying a Cambridge players head and we then defended well and looked a threat on the break.

All in all 3 points but far from convincing but you can't argue with that!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

Now that is a TOP result..well done to Graham and Mark on their 1st league victory.

With continued hard work, I am sure we will get more positive results like this one and get us to a mid-table position we crave.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 am

Just great! We had 3 gilt edged chances at 2-0 in the second half to wrap it up, it should have been 4 or 5!!
The way we played with 10 men was spot on. Fenners and Hydey, take a bow. Looked very dangerous on the break. Jamie Grimes at centre half was immense. Although if anyone from Telford reads this he was cack.
Rode our luck at times but that happens when you are where we are.Good keep ball when required , nice to see us playing some decent passing football on the deck. Great atmosphere in the bar afterwards. Top afternoon all round!!!
The sending off? You can see why he gave it..as Ross left the deck and flew in, ref's see that and can't wait to get the red out....talked to him afterwards and he said he lost his footing, that's what it looked like from where I was, but it did look worse than it was.
Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Well done all.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 am

Well done to the players, Hyde and Fenmore..and no doubt the crowd who helped achieve a very good and much needed win and 3 points!
I opted for a different venue today, gutted I missed this win but chuffed for all involved.
The important thing now after your 1st win...is how soon the 2nd win comes along!

Hopefully a happy forum full of banter and opinions will now follow!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

'................The important thing now after your 1st win................'

Surely a typo and should read ............................'................The important thing now after our 1st win................'???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 am

It was the best game i've seen for a while!

If i'm picky for negatives it would be the face we missed 3 or 4 chances and really should have won about 5-6 nil!

Not a bad crowd considering that's our first win in 7?

It was nice to hear the whole ground clapping when we played football aswell!

I'm hoping we're turning the corner that everyone talks about and hopefully we can get a string of wins together and happy days! Cup Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:52 am

What more could anyone ask for... Fat chippies curry sauce,,and a 2-0 win over third placed cambridge..Watching A team that wanted to play... Who still remained positive when we went down to 10 men.. Shame that shower of overpaid shyte,masqurading as England Friday night didn't show the same commitment as Reds Yesterday... The bar was buzzing after the game.. Enjoyed the day Beer Cheers ... Fat Ron from the R.F.B..

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:00 am

Captain Carlin wrote:'................The important thing now after your 1st win................'

Surely a typo and should read ............................'................The important thing now after our 1st win................'???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After discovering how picky certain posters can be, and you now proving so, I thought Id best not put 'our' incase it begged people to ask why I was at Kiddy Luton yesterday.

I meant 'our' in as much as my hometown club and one I want to do well, but chose to put 'your' for the benefit of the staff and supporters who go to majority of games home and away.

I can see now Carlin why the promotion to Captain, but look forward to your take on yesterdays preceedings non the less.

*damned if I do damned if I dont* Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 am

porrohman wrote:Just great! We had 3 gilt edged chances at 2-0 in the second half to wrap it up, it should have been 4 or 5!!
The way we played with 10 men was spot on. Fenners and Hydey, take a bow. Looked very dangerous on the break. Jamie Grimes at centre half was immense. Although if anyone from Telford reads this he was cack.
Rode our luck at times but that happens when you are where we are.Good keep ball when required , nice to see us playing some decent passing football on the deck. Great atmosphere in the bar afterwards. Top afternoon all round!!!
The sending off? You can see why he gave it..as Ross left the deck and flew in, ref's see that and can't wait to get the red out....talked to him afterwards and he said he lost his footing, that's what it looked like from where I was, but it did look worse than it was.
Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Cup Well done all.

Although we had a few chances Cambridge to be quite honest should have scored 6 or 7 but did not, we got lucky with our second and it was an OG and not whoever they stated scored it.

Sorry but I was in front of the sending off and although there was no malice it was a nailed on sending off.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 am

It was a sending off.I agree. An unfortunate one but a sending off.
I also see that Cambridge had two LOAN players from Luton playing yesterday, who've been with them since the start of the season. I dunno..sides at our level loaning players from leagues above them.Tut tut.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:48 am

porrohman wrote:It was a sending off.I agree. An unfortunate one but a sending off.
I also see that Cambridge had two LOAN players from Luton playing yesterday, who've been with them since the start of the season. I dunno..sides at our level loaning players from leagues above them.Tut tut.

Didnt do them any good!!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 am

True! They have played a part though to get them to third before yesterday. Both went back to Luton after yesterdays game. The ups and downs of getting loan players in.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 am

Loan players can be good but not long term. bet there no 2 on his bike to!!! lol
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:59 am

Leethall wrote:
we got lucky with our second and it was an OG and not whoever they stated scored it.

It was a lucky second goal, but it wasn't an own goal. As Hyne was about to shoot, the defender nipped in to tackle him. The ball hit Hyne perfectly on the shin and deflected in past the goalkeeper.

Considering recent form and where we are in the league table, I thought it was a fantastic performance by the lads. The effort and work rate was top drawer. Yes, Cambridge had many chances, particularly in the second half, but they were limited to mostly half chances. Overall, we looked reasonably comfortable defending. As has already been said, we had three sitters half way through the second half that really should have been buried. That was the only disappointment for me.

M.O.M. for me was Connor Deards. I thought he put in a great performance.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am

Spot on Del Boy.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:39 am

Luck... our luck finally changed yesterday!

Last week, the chances that they had would have gone in left right and center!

So they COULD have beaten us... but they didn't!

Ohh and Tommy Warmer was class! Fishing

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 am

Tommy was good but Grimes was MOM by a mile. Please tell me our second was an own goal by their number 2!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 am

Great performance. I disagree with Leathall, I thought we were the better side and thoroughly deserved the three points. Superbly worked second goal, and could have scored an even better one had Deards kept his header down in the second half. Grimes was also my MOM, good performances from Deards and Big Mac up front.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 am

SID SNOT wrote:Great performance. I disagree with Leathall, I thought we were the better side and thoroughly deserved the three points. Superbly worked second goal, and could have scored an even better one had Deards kept his header down in the second half. Grimes was also my MOM, good performances from Deards and Big Mac up front.

It is ok to disagree with one another! We played average and IMO were lucky to win. But luck was due and I am glad we managed to keep a clean sheet and win!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 am

From The Cambridge forum...

Nick... Spot on regarding midfield. We were dominated in midfield by a guy less than 3 foot tall. He competed and won everything. Spread the ball around with ease and composure. And deservedly won MOM. We resulted into playing Hammo, Kelly, Clift and Theo up front and hoofing the ball to cut the midfield out, but ultimately to no avail. We had a similar guy in midfield when we played United in pre-season. Not sure why we let him go. flower

Praise indeed. Leethall, It's harsh to say we were lucky! The guy who posted this is spot on. king When we went down to 10 we had the run of the middle of the park as they had 4 up top. We used the ball brilliantly,held it up up top, and created 3 chances my nan would have scored. It could easily have been 5-0 to us.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 am

porrohman wrote:From The Cambridge forum...

Nick... Spot on regarding midfield. We were dominated in midfield by a guy less than 3 foot tall. He competed and won everything. Spread the ball around with ease and composure. And deservedly won MOM. We resulted into playing Hammo, Kelly, Clift and Theo up front and hoofing the ball to cut the midfield out, but ultimately to no avail. We had a similar guy in midfield when we played United in pre-season. Not sure why we let him go. flower

Praise indeed. Leethall, It's harsh to say we were lucky! The guy who posted this is spot on. king When we went down to 10 we had the run of the middle of the park as they had 4 up top. We used the ball brilliantly,held it up up top, and created 3 chances my nan would have scored. It could easily have been 5-0 to us.

They were pretty much camped in our penalty box for most of the 1st half! Blinkers Sir Senile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 am

Lee,

Did you spend all the 1st half chatting to Roger?? lol!
Seriously though I thought we scrapped & battled really well & deserved the 3 points.

You still up for Weymouth? Beer
Most of us are going down on the Friday.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 am

Camped in our penalty box in the first half ?
That'll be the first half when we scored 2 and they scored none then.
We saw you smoochin with Roger in the first half Leethall Hi five , it obviously affected your view of the game Scared
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:15 am

RockDJ wrote:Lee,

Did you spend all the 1st half chatting to Roger?? lol!
Seriously though I thought we scrapped & battled really well & deserved the 3 points.

You still up for Weymouth? Beer
Most of us are going down on the Friday.

Laughing

What date is it again? Will probably be up for it if I am not working that weekend!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next