Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U21 v Firsts

+2
Bob Marley
porrohman
6 posters

Go down

U21 v Firsts  Empty U21 v Firsts

Post  porrohman Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:00 am

Good work out for both I thought. Carter and Hylton (?) played for the firsts. Firsts had Joe Harris at CH, and a front two of Connor and Travers (Travis?) from Daventry, both linked up well and looked sharp together.
U21 looked neat, organised and played some good football, but were woefully short up top. What was evident was the size of our back four ( CH's especially ) against their small forwards. Credit goes the U21 for taking free kicks short and keeping posession well from any restart.
Final score was 6 or 7 nil to the firsts but the score was irrelevent in all honesty.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

U21 v Firsts  Empty Re: U21 v Firsts

Post  Bob Marley Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am

Good to hear a great day for RUFC.

1st X1 v Under 21's....charity fun day for supporters and families.... sunny

Well done, all involved.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:28 pm

porrohman wrote:Travers (Travis?) from Daventry

I think it's James Travis, I went over to Daventry for their FA Trophy replay against Stourport a couple of weeks ago, he looked OK, but to be honest anyone would have looked good against Stourport that night.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 am

6 or 7 nil!!!!!! and people been telling us on this forum that they are great and should be put in the first team????? I personally cant see the point of having a under 21. Belive me if a player at 17, 18, 19, was going to be good enough for us he would be playing first team football elsewhere might be a level or two lower but he would be playing and getting payed! Imo we are just waisting time and money that could be better spent on the first team.
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 am

redditch born wrote:6 or 7 nil!!!!!! and people been telling us on this forum that they are great and should be put in the first team????? I personally cant see the point of having a under 21. Believe me if a player at 17, 18, 19, was going to be good enough for us he would be playing first team football elsewhere might be a level or two lower but he would be playing and getting payed! Imo we are just waisting time and money that could be better spent on the first team.

I disagree RB
The result yesterday should have no effect on the U21s, remembering that 2 of the U21s I believe indeed played for the 1st team yesterday anyway.

As a manager of this level, he should be delighted having not only an U21 team at all, but more so in having a good one like RUFCU21s are. Without this team youre right in what youre saying, these players would be elsewhere playing at whatever level, but away from RUFC. This alone cannot be good for the club when trying to attract good young players if theyre playing elsewhere. Far easier to have them affiliated with the club and playing for a section of the club to integrate with the 1st team at the right opportunities throughout the season.

The only time I see an U21s NOT being of benefit is when either:
The players from U21s dont want to play or get a 1st team call up due to poor integrating relationships between the 2 sides
or
The 1st team manager has little or no desire to play them or bleed them through

Danny Carter for example is a very good footballer enjoying good form with the U21s and gaining confidence by the experience. He had little over half a game v West Brom last week, and Id be surprised and disappointed if he doesnt get more this season. With no U21 side players like Danny would be off playing with mates in the Comb or maybe sleeping a Saturday away and being a Bigtime Charlie in Div 3 of the Redditch Sunday league and out of the whole loop at RUFC of developing youth.

Again like everything it all boils down to the 1st team manager, and the 1st team and the development of the U21 is all determined by him and what he chooses to do with both. This is the only time a 'waste of money' in my opinion can be brought to the table.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:
redditch born wrote:6 or 7 nil!!!!!! and people been telling us on this forum that they are great and should be put in the first team????? I personally cant see the point of having a under 21. Believe me if a player at 17, 18, 19, was going to be good enough for us he would be playing first team football elsewhere might be a level or two lower but he would be playing and getting payed! Imo we are just waisting time and money that could be better spent on the first team.

I disagree RB
The result yesterday should have no effect on the U21s, remembering that 2 of the U21s I believe indeed played for the 1st team yesterday anyway.

As a manager of this level, he should be delighted having not only an U21 team at all, but more so in having a good one like RUFCU21s are. Without this team youre right in what youre saying, these players would be elsewhere playing at whatever level, but away from RUFC. This alone cannot be good for the club when trying to attract good young players if theyre playing elsewhere. Far easier to have them affiliated with the club and playing for a section of the club to integrate with the 1st team at the right opportunities throughout the season.

The only time I see an U21s NOT being of benefit is when either:
The players from U21s dont want to play or get a 1st team call up due to poor integrating relationships between the 2 sides
or
The 1st team manager has little or no desire to play them or bleed them through

Danny Carter for example is a very good footballer enjoying good form with the U21s and gaining confidence by the experience. He had little over half a game v West Brom last week, and Id be surprised and disappointed if he doesnt get more this season. With no U21 side players like Danny would be off playing with mates in the Comb or maybe sleeping a Saturday away and being a Bigtime Charlie in Div 3 of the Redditch Sunday league and out of the whole loop at RUFC of developing youth.

Again like everything it all boils down to the 1st team manager, and the 1st team and the development of the U21 is all determined by him and what he chooses to do with both. This is the only time a 'waste of money' in my opinion can be brought to the table.

Agree with this Rowly. I would like to see a few of the good players from the Under 21's being given a run in the 1st team, unfortunately and I believe this is a mistake is that the 1st team do not have a few older heads down the spine of the team to help the younger players through the transition from Youth to Senior football.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:00 am

Sorry Lads I stand by my post. I would love to have a convayor of players coming through the ranks, But if they were good enought to play for Redditch at 16 they will be at one of the clubs ie villa, not quite upto that standered they might play in the under 21s till they got offered £50 a game from a minow. Studly paying that a couple of seasons ago and a few teams still paying in there league, So your not quite good enought for Redditch first team your 18, you going to stop at Redditch or go and play for £50 two leagues lower?? Honest Answers please
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:17 am

OR

Youre a very good player, but just 18/19. You will get a decent amount of 1st team action and be bled into the system at the benefit of Both parties, so keep enjoying the U21s as you are, keep working and improving, and you stand a very good chance of being a 1st team regular.

OR

Youre only 18/19 and still need to learn parts of the game, as we all do. Youre Not going to be involved Every week with the 1st team, and because we have no plan B for you.... bugger off to Studley or Alvechurch Feckenham or Sporting and get swallowed up by those leagues. See you never again probably as another slips through the net.

Dont forget the 1st team can only play 11 and involve 16 (unless its 7subs now) so need to find the right balance between integrating potentially good youth, and surviving at a standard to benefit all, and keeping more than a squad full of players happy as possible.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 am

Have we got any 18 year olds in the first team squad?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:52 pm

redditch born wrote:, So your not quite good enought for Redditch first team your 18, you going to stop at Redditch or go and play for £50 two leagues lower?? Honest Answers please

£50 two leagues lower??
Tell me where please as Im cleaning my boots as I wait for your reply!! Laughing
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum