Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chippenham 2-0 Reds

+9
rawlings09
Leethall
Redditchbluenose86
alottmentender
del boy
mattim
Bob Marley
ROWLY1971
fingers
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chippenham 2-0 Reds Empty Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  fingers Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:48 am

Based on their Twitter account, they generally had the better of it and the result was about right.

Redditch are one point and one place off the relegation places and are the lowest scorers with 10 goals in 14 games.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Chippenham 2-0 Reds Empty Re: Chippenham 2-0 Reds

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:03 am

fingers wrote:

Redditch are one point and one place off the relegation places and are the lowest scorers with 10 goals in 14 games.

yeah but its ok cus at least we still have a club to support
Swan saved it so its up to him who he gets to run it
Give Hyde time, he has only been manager for 2 games and got a point against the league leaders
Hyde use to be a Pro, so will get good players in obviously

I went to Bromsgrove today. They were the better side but lost 2-1.
Saw some decent football from both sides. Lots of goal mouth action and a crowd of 274!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 am

[quote="ROWLY1971"]
fingers wrote:

yeah but its ok cus at least we still have a club to support
Swan saved it so its up to him who he gets to run it
Give Hyde time, he has only been manager for 2 games and got a point against the league leaders
Hyde use to be a Pro, so will get good players in obviously quote]

Yeah...the same team who drew with the team winning 8-1 in the FA Cup today!
What happened with your 'all things football' ?
Fishing again, Rowly? No
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:32 am

You Stalking me.... or just fascinated?
You moan if I dare criticise the team or club..... and when I sing from your hymn sheet when others are negative.... you criticise again!
Fishing isnt my sport Im afraid
I thought informing of local fotball goings on today, was keeping it football... obviously Im wrong again... in your book

Who did you go and watch today Marley... bring something topical or intersting to the forum table please instead of acting like a poor private detective monitoring my every move and comment

Rolling Eyes
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:59 am

Rowly, why do you bother to come and post such sh**e on this forum ?

We lost 2 - 0 away to a half decent team so what ?

Yes we do have a team to support and I for one (and I reckon I've watched Reds a hell of a lot longer than you) am very grateful for that, as I am very grateful for the fact that Chris Swann stepped in and saved it. And that my friend is a hell of a lot more important than this result and any other result.

As I see it we are in this for the long haul. To give you an example, the best bit of news this week is that we hosted the schools final at the Valley and that everything went well. Things like this are far more important to the long term future of the club than;

Losing at Chippenham

Whingeing about Chris Swann

Whingeing about Graham Hyde

You claim in your posts that you are a supporter, well act like FFS.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Where does this chip on your shoulder come from?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 pm

I didn't post to set the Handbags off again.

Question to Redditch fans who have watched regularly since Graham Hyde took over from Martin Sockett:

What have the performances been like?

Do you think there is enough about the side to avoid relegation?
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:32 pm

i was at the game today and thought we played the better football first half but second half they didnt seem to be the same side, couldnt string two passes together and relying to much on the long ball to the big man up front but having said that they seem more of a team now than when the previous manager was there.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Sorry fingers I didn't meant to kick things off again it's just that I find myself reading posts from some people and thinking what point are you trying to make ?

Regarding the team I think we have a good 'keeper, decent defence, half decent midfield and we are generally well organized. I have yet to see us get hammered this season, even by the 'better' teams.

BUT we lack the kind of firepower and creativity that will keep us in this league. I think we will do well to avoid relegation this season but thats the way it is when you are working to a tight budget. To be where we are compared to back in March is a great achievement, A lot of people worked hard to save the club and this is what annoys me when I read posts like Rowly's which always seem to gloss over this fact.

We are still in business, with a playing budget that is affordable, and in with a fighting chance, even though it will be tough.

If we are still in this position in 2 or 3 years time then I will begin to think that the plan has gone wrong and that the likes of Rowly and Mrs Moor have a valid point but for me there's too much criticism and negativity too soon.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Hyde lost this game deliberately to give Weymouth a false sense of security.
It's a game of chess not checkers.

FACT
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:31 pm

mattim wrote:Rowly, why do you bother to come and post such sh**e on this forum ?

We lost 2 - 0 away to a half decent team so what ?

Yes we do have a team to support and I for one (and I reckon I've watched Reds a hell of a lot longer than you) am very grateful for that, as I am very grateful for the fact that Chris Swann stepped in and saved it. And that my friend is a hell of a lot more important than this result and any other result.

As I see it we are in this for the long haul. To give you an example, the best bit of news this week is that we hosted the schools final at the Valley and that everything went well. Things like this are far more important to the long term future of the club than;

Losing at Chippenham

Whingeing about Chris Swann

Whingeing about Graham Hyde

You claim in your posts that you are a supporter, well act like FFS.

What a great post, Mattim. Bow down Bow down Bow down
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Mattim..why do you come on here and post such utter shite at all!
You dont post about positives, you dont post constructive criticism, infact you post jack sh*t
lets just all be content RUFC still has a club and a team and close the whole forum
lets not dare criticise anything Swan or Hyde do, lets just revel in the glory that we have a club at all! Lets ignore Swans boast of promotion and ignore the fact of so little football, and rejoice in just having a team in red to support.
Lets feed the far away likes of people like Marley who hasnt seen a performance for however long, with shite that nothing matters as long as we have a club to support.
Lets embrace Hydes ridiculous claim he is happy with the football played against Tottem when infact so little was played.
Lets wrap ourselves in the security that wherever we finish is acceptable compared to the option of Swan-less Redditch folding
Lets all accept mediocracy and be thankful of it just because its better than no club at all..

Matim.. post something footballingly constructive or sensible and we may have a chat about it.
Otherwise round up your Lemmings and shout down anything different to what you see through rose tinted glasses.
Sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut and let people presume youre an idiot, rather than open it and confirm you are
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

What a great post, Mattim. Bow down Bow down Bow down

what a shite post, and the same quote!
Bob you dont see games and performances, just results
OK so youre happy to just have a club to look up on the internet, big wow.

Lets put Swan and Hyde on brass podiums.

Look up Supporter in the Collins, and see if its somebody brainwashed without opinion!

If any debate arguement or opinion is going to be beaten with the comeback " we're lucky to have a club all, then thats pretty weak yo me,
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Rowly...you are setting yourself up for a right fall.

Yes...we are glad to still have a club to support...supporting the Reds over the last 3 seasons has been nothing less than traumatic and I could not see anything else than oblivion before Mr Swan decided to spend 150k of his kids inheritence to keep the history of our club going.

2 years ago, I personally had to leave work on a Friday afternoon to go to the ground and pay 3k to a bailiff who was removing the goalposts and taking away the 1st team kit...so please excuse me if I don't get too upset about losing to a half decent side in a pretty good league (look at the Stourbridge result today).

Mr Swan is running the club according to it's means...the 1st time in my life time...and if that means we finish bottom of the league...I personally, will take it everytime, instead of where we have been in the previous seasons.

I did not agree with the appointment of Mr Socket...I posted on this very forum I thought it was a mistake.
I did not agree with the appointment of Mr Fennemore and Mr Hyde as joint managers....never liked joint managers in football.
I do agree with the appointment of Mr Hyde.
I like his passion...I like his commitment to the club...I like his training methods...I like his experience...I like he has played the game at a higher standard than anyone associated with the Reds...I like we are getting a settled side (instead of the 'guess who' in recent seasons)...I like his interaction with supporters...I like how my son kicked his training cones over...I like we are holding our own with the top sides in the Division...I like we have 3 players on contract...I like we have no debt...I like supporters can travel with the players to away games...I like how the pitch has improved...I like how the ground & clubhouse have transformed...I like the community efforts like the recent 'Schools Cup'...I like the new social events and activities around the club...I like the average attendances are above budget...I like how the club reacted with Mr McKenzie's stupidity...I even like how ex-players have to pay full price to attend home matches !

I remember a supporters forum about 5 seasons ago with the then Chairman, Mr Rossitter, opening the evening with a request that no questions to be asked about the financials of the club....go back further to Mr Cremin, Mr Laight etc...always the same....

Is everything perfect?..hell, no...but at least we have a Chairman and Manager with the balls to openly discuss any issue with supporters and I am confident they will get it right.
You are not...I am...so, we will see.

So I may be 4000 miles away, but my weekly updates with very long standing supporters gives me a pretty good idea what is happening and my overall impression is a very positive one for the future of Redditch United.

Onwards & upwards

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:53 pm

....oh, and check your facts Mr Rowland.....seen a few games in the last calendar year. affraid
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:35 am

To be fair having read the post's about the game it was probably a fiar result. Don't forget Chippenham are an established side in this league and have been in and around the play off's for the last few years. They are also a hard nut to crack at home and with some of the experienced players they have (Griffin & Rudge) they are street wise which Redditch are not.

Unfortunately until a proven goalscorer at this level is recruited (eg Kololynski, Mackey or of the like) we will not score enough goals at this level, we also need some experience from this level as we do not have any apart from Dean Coleman. No one else has plyed their trade at this level and most of the side are youngsters or players who have played at a lower level.

Anyway I went to watch Studley v Tividale, cracking side Tividale who were all young (sort of goes against the above view!) but they trounced Studley 4-2 and it should have been more. Played some very good football on the deck on a shite pitch but they worked hard 1st of all, got stuck in and then played free flowing quick football and literally tore Studley apart. You will read in the match reports in the press and from the Studley manager that the ref spoilt the game but this will be glossing over the fact that arses were torn out of a number of Studley players by Tividale. 3 players stood out in particular, the centre midfielder, the right winger and the centre forward. Good quality game and worth the £5 entrance.

Like Rowly it is good to see good football played, even Porrohman witnessed it.

Barwell next, should be interesting to see how we do against these as they are a good side and now have ex Red Liam Daly in the side. They will test us with the 3 up front (Towers, Charley and Barlone)
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 am

We're just going over the same old ground here, Chaps.

The way i see it, we were saved back in March, we are all truley grateful, fast forward 8 months and we're 18th in the table, it may be sustainable, but if we keep losing, the key figure of 200 each home game will slowly drop to 190, 150, 120 etc, that means that the money won't be coming from the gate, so where else would it come from? revenue streams, bar takings, functions etc... if they run out (Can't see it happening though, jeff has bookings coming out of every oriphace!) then the chairman will have to dip into his pocket to keep it going... that's the stage when we're back to square 1 again - unsustainable.

A time will come where the fact we still have a club won't be enough to entice new fans, it's a fact that means everything to the hardcore fans and always will, but new fans won't know what it was like 8 months ago and i don't think they'll care.

Off the pitch is better no end! The bar, kitchen, club house, changing room, board room etc all fantastic.

But it's that big plot of green (and brown) ground in the middle that matters. People don't watch losing sides, apart from the 150 or so hardcore fans that are there no matter what, but even then, with that figure it is unstustainable! 5 wins in a row and we'll get 500 on the following home game. Sustainable! YAY! More money for the club! 5 Losses in a row, 140 tuesday night, unsustainable, boo!

Ultimately, the fact i can still walk through those gates and watch a team i love play football is enough for me and many others. But for everyone else, it's the results.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:43 am

Id like to appologise to the other forum members here for my post on this thread in the early hours after a night out. I allowed name calling (again) to annoy me instead of treating it with contempt. I allowed a certain wind up poster to annoy me enough to drag a reply from me where I should of chose to ignore, like I will from now on.
Im here to post and debate football and thats what I'll stick to.

Lee my Dad went to Studley and said how good an outfit Tivvy were.
You know your stuff locally and I enjoy your posts.
Was told tho that the Tivvy left back stood out.....
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:00 am

fingers wrote:I didn't post to set the Handbags off again.

Question to Redditch fans who have watched regularly since Graham Hyde took over from Martin Sockett:

What have the performances been like?

Do you think there is enough about the side to avoid relegation?

Fingers imo Socket would of took us down watched pre season games when they played little more than pub sides and some games if you didnt know who was who you couldnt tell!!!

Hyde I think will keep us up but its a tough call? but the teams got balls now and play with pride a marked improvement in my book
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 am

Its all about stability for me.
My points have always been the same as far as the more chopping and changing that gets done OFF the field effects everything.
Supporters like me question if people really know what theyre doing in the 1st place if so many changes are needed and knee jerk reactions and short term solutions.
Players chop and change for various reasons with backroom movements so no continuity ON the field is maintained.
Crowds lose interest and dwindle as they are now.

I notice today in the Mercury that Moors secured their 4th win on the bounce the weekend after a start of 7 straight defeats
4 straight wins is good in any league!
All that says to me is that a good man was put in place in the 1st place, trust and belief were given him during a sticky start, and now ALL seem to be reaping the benefits.

I sincerely hope its not a New Year wish that stability is delivered to RUFC, we need it now and for the remainder of the season.
Another point why I dont entirely agree with Loan signings papering over cracks.
Ryan Rowe grabbed all the Stourbridge headlines against Plymouth the weekend, a player picked up from lower league locals Cradley, due to Hacketts knowledge of local leagues and players.

Stability
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 am

rawlings09 wrote:We're just going over the same old ground here, Chaps.

The way i see it, we were saved back in March, we are all truley grateful, fast forward 8 months and we're 18th in the table, it may be sustainable, but if we keep losing, the key figure of 200 each home game will slowly drop to 190, 150, 120 etc, that means that the money won't be coming from the gate, so where else would it come from? revenue streams, bar takings, functions etc... if they run out (Can't see it happening though, jeff has bookings coming out of every oriphace!) then the chairman will have to dip into his pocket to keep it going... that's the stage when we're back to square 1 again - unsustainable.

A time will come where the fact we still have a club won't be enough to entice new fans, it's a fact that means everything to the hardcore fans and always will, but new fans won't know what it was like 8 months ago and i don't think they'll care.

Off the pitch is better no end! The bar, kitchen, club house, changing room, board room etc all fantastic.

But it's that big plot of green (and brown) ground in the middle that matters. People don't watch losing sides, apart from the 150 or so hardcore fans that are there no matter what, but even then, with that figure it is unstustainable! 5 wins in a row and we'll get 500 on the following home game. Sustainable! YAY! More money for the club! 5 Losses in a row, 140 tuesday night, unsustainable, boo!

Ultimately, the fact i can still walk through those gates and watch a team i love play football is enough for me and many others. But for everyone else, it's the results.

sunny sunny

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:32 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:Id like to appologise to the other forum members here for my post on this thread in the early hours after a night out. I allowed name calling (again) to annoy me instead of treating it with contempt. I allowed a certain wind up poster to annoy me enough to drag a reply from me where I should of chose to ignore, like I will from now on.
Im here to post and debate football and thats what I'll stick to.

Lee my Dad went to Studley and said how good an outfit Tivvy were.
You know your stuff locally and I enjoy your posts.
Was told tho that the Tivvy left back stood out.....

Rowly, don't worry I have done that before after a few Beer ! It happens!!

Your dad is correct, to be fair a lot of Tivvy's players stood out and they were impressive. I expected after playing against a number of West Mids teams in my career that they would be a typical in your face black country team who took no prisioners but they were class. I watched Studley play well on Tuesday against Alvechurch but they were missing Bailey & Beauchamp which proved costly as they had no answer to Tivvy.

The ref did not have the best of games had a difficult job and was being assessed, you could tell he know this but I think Studley were lucky that the keeper stayed on the pitch as his language was shocking throughout that was directed time & time at the man in black. At the end of the day you have to hold your hands up sometimes and admit you got beat by a better team and that was one of those days yesterday. I have been impressed with a number of sides in the MFA this season, even Atherstone who beat Stratford earlier in the season played some great football and they are towards the bottom.

I like to watch non league football, it doesn't matter who RUFC play but I will be honest in my assesment of us and the opposition. I have seen a lot of the teams in this league the last few years and there are some good quality teams.

Until RUFC get in some experienced players at this level and a proven goalscorer (eg Dave Gilroy,Charlie Griffin,David Koloyinski, Steve Basham, John Frendo, Tom Winters, Jamie Towers etc) then we will continue to struggle. I remember me and Fenners having this conversation in July and we both agreed that we needed to spend part of our budget on 1 centre forward as they are key.

Look at Ben Mcckay at Stratford, he is worth paying a few quid to score goals, we have nobody at the club that will score regular and with so little we create you need somebody who when he gets a chance to take it. That is the difference with a lot of clubs at this level, clubs will punish you.

Rowly, I also enjoy reading your thoughts on games, if we all stop having the same conversations about the other going on's at the club and debate the football then it becomes a better read for all.

We all have our own opinions on the manager, assistant etc and we should all respect these. I for one still have to convinced that Mr Hyde is the right appointment but at the end of the day he is the boss so I hope he can be a success as that means the club will be a success. If he can not do so then he should be replaced by a Manager who will be the correct appointment. I for one have commented previously who I would like to be in charge and in the future if Mr Hyde is not the correct person then I hope this happens.

Anyway I hope to see a few people at the game against Barwell, they are a good side and will be stern test if they turn up as they will not be afraid to give it a good go. Also a Jimmy Ginnelly team will also not be scared to get stuck in Handbags It will be a good test to see the all round qualities of RUFC on the pitch on Tuesday Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:41 am

Lee, pleased to report Studley keeper sent off at final whistle!!! Studley should be ashamed from top to bottom of the lack of discipline fom the bench to the players especially the goalkeeper. What a decent side Tividale were. I thought the 7 was brilliant, a great centre forward who scored a cracker, and a centre midfielder that ran the show. A good side to watch, I'd definately pay to watch them if they were close by again.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 am

porrohman wrote:Lee, pleased to report Studley keeper sent off at final whistle!!! Studley should be ashamed from top to bottom of the lack of discipline fom the bench to the players especially the goalkeeper. What a decent side Tividale were. I thought the 7 was brilliant, a great centre forward who scored a cracker, and a centre midfielder that ran the show. A good side to watch, I'd definately pay to watch them if they were close by again.

We missed that as we left at the final whistle! Never to late for him to get sent off IMO
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 am

It says it all when all the bench did was abuse the referee all of the second half, never once did they try and calm the keeper down. The most obvious thing that was going to happen yesterday was that keeper was going to walk for mouthing off, mostly from 60 yards away.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next