Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stourbridge.

4 posters

Go down

Stourbridge. Empty Stourbridge.

Post  lewism5964 Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 am

Just watched the highlights on ITV versus Plymouth. Bitter that a much smaller town in Worcestershire is having better success than us but the football they looked like they played against Plymouth looked a lot better than us and fair play to them. Any one know if they are being bankrolled or just have a good group of players?
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Stourbridge. Empty Re: Stourbridge.

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 am

I dont think they are being bank rolled at all, just have a very good manager in Gary (nice bloke too) who has been with them a long while and knows the leagues and players etc, but is also good enough to get extra out of players via good management skills.

Stevenage is their prize if they win the replay, and I wouldnt bet against them!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:58 am

Fair play to them then, Hope they do well in the cup! Rowe looked good from his goal and other clips.
Obvious that longevity is what we need to look at, give the current management a chance and hope we the final set up is now cemented in. Frustrating to see the management changing about in last month or so but obviously I have been able to attend games since September so I can't comment or have little knowledge of what has gone on behind the scenes.
So I hope now we will be settled with the current management team we have and can have a proper crack at the xmas period, decent run of home games and derbies where we can pick up points!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:13 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I dont think they are being bank rolled at all, just have a very good manager in Gary (nice bloke too) who has been with them a long while and knows the leagues and players etc, but is also good enough to get extra out of players via good management skills.

Stevenage is their prize if they win the replay, and I wouldnt bet against them!

I agree Stourbridge are a well run club and have stability with Hackett and Ford in charge. They are also a well organised side and play to their strengths and have been doing well for a few seasons.

Stevenage are also a strong side and have done really well in getting to the 1st Division and holding their own. They were quality when I watched them at Kiddy in the Conference Prem 2 seasons ago and they have not really changed many players so proves what you can do.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Thay have the big advantage of having a settled squad most of whom have been together 2/3 seasons.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 am

Stourbridge via Plymouth's replay will now be shown on ESPN that will bank them £33,500! Good on them!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:00 am

Leethall wrote:Stourbridge via Plymouth's replay will now be shown on ESPN that will bank them £33,500! Good on them!

is that just THEIR % from JUST ESPN Lee?

If so thats fantastic for them, especially with all the other EXTRA's that can produce revenue regardless of a win or not.

Chasetown all over again maybe, where Charlie worked wonders and rode the crest of a publicity wave superbly generating so much money thats obviously invalueble for a club like Chasetown or Stourbridge!

Certainly hope Im not working away next Tuesday and can be 1 of the crowd Popcorn
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down