Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest from the advertiser online tonight

+12
porrohman
redditch born
StockportReds
rawlings09
ted striker
Redditchbluenose86
adiy price
Leethall
del boy
RockDJ
Captain Carlin
chrisdon
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Latest from the advertiser online tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Well I must say this thread has been most revealing. The club (and by that I presume the supporters) need to be kicked, kicked and kicked again and Marley has known and worked for Chris Swan for years. We have also learnt that anyone who disagrees with Marley is a "knucklehead."
Yes it is a business and as such you can't just open the gates and demand your customers turn up. I'm afraid the "build it and they will come" approach won't work.
I have some fears about the future of the club. Be rest assured should anything negative happen it will be the fault of you "knucklehead" supporters.

Finally Marley, I know it wasn't a compliment. Despite what you may think, I'm not a knucklehead.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Latest from the advertiser online tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Latest from the advertiser online tonight

Post  porrohman Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:I found parts of the article a little strange. A poor turnout for a race night prompted a consideration of selling the club? Instead of moaning, wouldn't it be better to ask why there was a poor turnout? Was it the wrong type of event? Wrong time of year? Of course not, it was those pesky supporters who decided to give it a swerve. They should have found £30,£40 or £more just before Christmas. The same supporters who on average had a pay rise of 0.4% across the West Midlands last year http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16145339 whilst inflation is running at 5%. If the club is not getting enough fans through the turnstiles then think about why, don't just slate them in the press. Can you imagine the Chairman of a struggling retail business saying "it's not our fault, it's the fault of the customers!" The working man is being squeezed from all sides at the moment. Not much can be done about food inflation, gas and electricity and petrol as they are the necessities of day to day life.
However much passion some may feel for the club, the fact remains it is a luxury. At times like these, luxuries are the first things to be cut back on. That's why retailers such as Comet are struggling. An 11% hike in admission prices won't help either. So I think a little more understanding and a little less criticism of supporters who are really feeling the pinch would be more appropriate. I'm starting to sense a feeling of alienation creep in and we've been down that route before!!

A very interesting thread. If you include the two Banbury games, there were 5 events in 8 days. At the beginning of December? In the current economic climate? An employee of the club publically singles out an individual (me) and other members of the TRUST for not attending one of the 5 events in 8 days. The club advise the fans 'bills have to paid'. Read the excellent post above and ask yourself...do the hardworking folk of Redditch need to be told in these hard times at the beginning of a very expensive month' bills have to be paid?' I suggest the average attendance of 115 home fans over the last two games and lack of attendance at club events suggest the people of Redditch are totally aware that bills have to be paid.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:30 am

porrohman wrote:
do the hardworking folk of Redditch need to be told in these hard times at the beginning of a very expensive month' bills have to be paid?' I suggest the average attendance of 115 home fans over the last two games and lack of attendance at club events suggest the people of Redditch are totally aware that bills have to be paid.

But if you look at the back pages from last year, Ken Rae making Rally calls for local businesses and people of the town to get behind the club... it's no different... and if i remember it was this time of year?

Maybe a new PR approach is needed?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am

rawlings09 wrote:
porrohman wrote:
do the hardworking folk of Redditch need to be told in these hard times at the beginning of a very expensive month' bills have to be paid?' I suggest the average attendance of 115 home fans over the last two games and lack of attendance at club events suggest the people of Redditch are totally aware that bills have to be paid.

But if you look at the back pages from last year, Ken Rae making Rally calls for local businesses and people of the town to get behind the club... it's no different... and if i remember it was this time of year?

I would suggest the economic climate is different than last year. The rally calls last year were because the club was going out of business. It also didn't cost anything to attend the meeting.

Agree totally on PR approach mate.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:57 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:Well I must say this thread has been most revealing. The club (and by that I presume the supporters) need to be kicked, kicked and kicked again and Marley has known and worked for Chris Swan for years. We have also learnt that anyone who disagrees with Marley is a "knucklehead."
Yes it is a business and as such you can't just open the gates and demand your customers turn up. I'm afraid the "build it and they will come" approach won't work.
I have some fears about the future of the club. Be rest assured should anything negative happen it will be the fault of you "knucklehead" supporters.

Finally Marley, I know it wasn't a compliment. Despite what you may think, I'm not a knucklehead.

Don't presume anything Bonehead...'with' does not mean 'for'....
I never said you were a knucklehead?
I never said the supporters have to be kicked?

Fears for the future of the club>...where have you been the last 3 years?

When the club was on it's knees....there was hardly a queue of people waiting to clear all the debts and take the club on?
Now we complain about a pound increase and a bloody race night> I think a little perspective is required.

Plan B was formed to save the club....half of those no longer go to matches on a regular basis, so there is no Plan B now,,,,,unless I am mistaken?

Be careful what you wish for...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 am

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Swan took a dying company and turned it in to the most successful automotive aftermarket company in the UK...did he do it being nice to everyone?

Am I right in thinking you refer to Finelist here Bob?
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:56 am

The Chris Swan Account of Finelist and His Success

December 6, 2011

After a lengthy court battle that would have destroyed many a strong minded businessman, Chris Swan walked out of the court house with his head held high after being vindicated of any wrongdoing in regards to the collapse of the company that he created from the ground up. So why did this story garner such media attention? Was there really such disbelief that a single man could, in a period of 9 years, create a business empire that rose from a turnover of 100 000 pounds to upwards of 30 million? Would a key business director, with success in other companies as well, truly stay on as a director after selling the company if he was involved in any wrongdoing? It seems strange that after creating such an amazing company, for employees and customers that Chris Swan would cause his own hard endeavours to crash and burn before his eyes.

The success of Finelist all began in 1991, after Chris Swan had bought the aftermarket company Autela and renamed named it when he decided to invest millions and float the company under the new name of Finelist. Chris made the most of his business savvy by making some brilliant acquisitions of smaller companies to bolster the holdings of Finelist, and in the process created a company that could compete across Europe and in essence controlled a good market share. Profits rose and the company was able to employ an increasing workforce, that numbered as high as 12 000 persons, all hired in legal and worked under completely ethical conditions. When Chris sold Finelist for the benefit of all shareholders involved, there were no ongoing irregularities and the company was in great shape as he handed over the reins and retained his seat as a non executive director.

After Finelist began to be administered by new management, things appeared to go horribly wrong with business dealings. Chris Swan did not jump ship or run for the hills and continued in his capacity until being falsely accused of fraud. After all court proceedings and judgement made public, it is clear that Chris Swan was purely a savvy and quick thinking strategic business genius who should be lauded as a business success.

http://www.am-online.com/news/2005/4/25/finelist-men-banned-for-seven-years/8665/

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:58 am

fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Mr Swan took a dying company and turned it in to the most successful automotive aftermarket company in the UK...did he do it being nice to everyone?

and you call yourself a newshound fingers! Very Happy
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:04 am

porrohman wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
porrohman wrote:

I would suggest the economic climate is different than last year. The rally calls last year were because the club was going out of business. It also didn't cost anything to attend the meeting.

Agree totally on PR approach mate.

You are spot on Porrohman.

Too many events in December....a mistake....it happens and I am pretty sure it will be learned from.
Poor communication of the events....a mistake...it happens and I am pretty sure it will be learned from.
Criticizing volunteers for not showing up at 1 event...1 persons view and a mistake...I hope it will be learned from.
Criticizing supporters/townsfolk for not supporting the club/events....it's a fact....nothing new there and probably the same message heard at AVFC, WBA, BCFC and all non league teams in every division in the country.....it's frustrating and after spending 250k, I understand Mr & Mrs
Swan's frustration.

On the flip side:

We have a club...it is debt free...heading towards mid-table in a bloody tough league...settled playing squad...new Under 21s side...plans to redevelop the ground bringing a 'lifeline' income stream...thriving youth teams...improved lounge & bar facilities...more social events...

and the impact on the paying punter...........$1 per game!

and still people are not happy? wtf?

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 am

rawlings09 wrote:
porrohman wrote:

Can I correct you here and say what is needed are the following (Mr Swan should know from business):

A communication strategy
A marketing strategy
Customer Feedback

Now I have sat in front of Mr Swan speaking at the fans forum, Mr Marley was also there and he talked about communication. Well the communication is p*ss poor on everything I am sorry to say. The odd article in the paper and Facebook updates. Come on these are methods, what are the clubs strategies? I don't want to hear anybody defending the club here, if it is there then communicate it, if not try putting it together. If they solicited feedback from fans then they may understand the thoughts of the clubs customers and could do something about it.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 am

Leethall wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
porrohman wrote:

Can I correct you here and say what is needed are the following (Mr Swan should know from business):

A communication strategy
A marketing strategy
Customer Feedback

Now I have sat in front of Mr Swan speaking at the fans forum, Mr Marley was also there and he talked about communication. Well the communication is p*ss poor on everything I am sorry to say. The odd article in the paper and Facebook updates. Come on these are methods, what are the clubs strategies? I don't want to hear anybody defending the club here, if it is there then communicate it, if not try putting it together. If they solicited feedback from fans then they may understand the thoughts of the clubs customers and could do something about it.

...but Leethal....communication has always been p*ss poor....can be said for most clubs at this level.
I am pretty sure Mr Swan is aware.....as much as he has been aware all other the other piles of sh*t he found since March 19th.

Don't forget...we sat infront of previous Chairman for YEARS telling us the debt was reducing...I remember TRUST meeting in September 2009 quoting '40k'....we could not understand how as the mathematics were clear...to then find the club was in 200k of debt and a heart beat from EXTINCTION!

I prefer the club to be out of the debt of 200k rather than how to communicate a poxy race night properly.

If we think the sorry, sorry state of the club will be sorted out in a few months....we are completely wrong.

You can't turn chicken sh*t into chicken soup in a few short months...doesn't matter who you are.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:Well I must say this thread has been most revealing. The club (and by that I presume the supporters) need to be kicked, kicked and kicked again and Marley has known and worked for Chris Swan for years. We have also learnt that anyone who disagrees with Marley is a "knucklehead."

Don't presume anything Bonehead...'with' does not mean 'for'....
I never said you were a knucklehead?
I never said the supporters have to be kicked?

Fears for the future of the club>...where have you been the last 3 years?

When the club was on it's knees....there was hardly a queue of people waiting to clear all the debts and take the club on?
Now we complain about a pound increase and a bloody race night> I think a little perspective is required.

Plan B was formed to save the club....half of those no longer go to matches on a regular basis, so there is no Plan B now,,,,,unless I am mistaken?

Be careful what you wish for...

I think first my post on this thread (when I pointed some of the financial difficulties supporters were facing) was a reasonable one. You pretty much chose to ignore what I said there yet you have corrected me for describing you as having worked "for" and not "with" Chris Swan. I'm not sure why you feel it important for us to know the distinction but rest assured that point has been duly noted. Either way, my point is that you have dismissed the comments of Rowley (when he defended Sockett and Smith) as just "sticking up for his mucker." At the same time you have vociferously supported every action of Chris Swan when I would suggest not everyone was aware of your previous relationship with him. That doesn't make your opinion any less valid but it also didn't make Rowley's opinion less valid too.

As for the knucklehead remarks, I never said you called me one. I said you may think I'm one. This seems to be your opinion of people who disagree with you.

"This club has been dead for too long....you don't wake it up with a small poke.....you have to kick, kick and kick again." These were your comments. If they don't refer to, a least in part, supporters then who do they refer to?

You say we complain about a pound increase and a bloody (also refered to in a later post by yourself as poxy) race night and we should get a little perspective. Well in the article that prompted this thread it is the lack of support shown towards this night that caused a consideration of selling the club. Sorry, but who should get some perspective?

I think my original post was a fair one. I'm not so arrogant to to believe my opinion is always correct and find healthy debate a good thing thing. I hope I'm open minded enough to listen to other peoples views and open enough to let them change mine.

Finally, can I once more reiterate my appreciation for what Chris Swan has done for our club. It is quite possible that without his intervention we may not have a club. This appreciation does not mean I have to agree and cheer every action he takes regardless of whether I think it a good idea or not. I'll leave such things to those who have worked for, oops sorry, with him over years!

Last edited by Mr Bonehead on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical error)
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:10 pm

fingers wrote:

?
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 pm

fingers wrote:
fingers wrote:

?

What's that course you're doing?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Multi-media Journalism mate - shame it's not PR, I could send you all my homework.

I am well aware of Mr Swan's links to Finelist, I was merely asking you for clarification - is Finelist the company you refer to in this post?

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Autela was the start...combining with First Line & Ferraris Radiators to form Finelist.
The sell off to Autodis was not sweet.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisdon Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 am

Thought that when i started this thread, that it would provoke a bit of reaction,have heard from a good source that our friends just down the road, that play with the oval shaped ball, are none to happy about the proposal for an 3g set up at the valley and locals could be rallied to forestall, the application at what could be a large money income being lost to the said sports club,

chrisdon
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Leethall wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
porrohman wrote:

A communication strategy
A marketing strategy
Customer Feedback

...but Leethal....communication has always been p*ss poor....can be said for most clubs at this level.
I am pretty sure Mr Swan is aware.....as much as he has been aware all other the other piles of sh*t he found since March 19th.

Don't forget...we sat infront of previous Chairman for YEARS telling us the debt was reducing...I remember TRUST meeting in September 2009 quoting '40k'....we could not understand how as the mathematics were clear...to then find the club was in 200k of debt and a heart beat from EXTINCTION!

I prefer the club to be out of the debt of 200k rather than how to communicate a poxy race night properly.

If we think the sorry, sorry state of the club will be sorted out in a few months....we are completely wrong.

You can't turn chicken sh*t into chicken soup in a few short months...doesn't matter who you are.

Bob, I am not talking about the previous Chairman though. The club have full time paid staff so surely they are responsible for the communication and marketing? Yes I am with you on being out of debt and can't thank Mr & Mrs Swan enough. The club has moved on now, Mr Swan keeps stating that the club needs to generate its own income streams so I would imagine that every single home game is where the club need to get income from as well as everything else (function room).
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2