Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011..what a year?

+4
Leethall
rawlings09
fingers
Bob Marley
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2011..what a year?   Empty 2011..what a year?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 am

Another year draws to a close....

Highs & lows?

Highs:
1. The Reds saved by Chris & Sallie Swan in March
2. The club being debt free for the 1st time in many, many years
3. Appointment of Graham Swan as 1st team manager
4. Blyth supporter paying for the team coach
5. TRUST raising 10k to keep the club alive
6. Improvements to the ground and club house
7. Simon Redhead's team at the end of the last season
8. Matty Smith signing for Oldham
9. Corby fans last home game (including the camel)
10 Weymouth away
11. Porrohman & Leethal goals!

Lows:
1. Appointment of Socket & Smith
2. Appointment of Mark Fennemore as joint manager
3. January: no water (burst pipes), no toilets, no heating, no beer
4. Mrs Bore....where's he gone?

Others?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

2011..what a year?   Empty Re: 2011..what a year?

Post  fingers Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am

Bob Marley wrote:

No comment. Smile
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:11 pm

fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

No comment. Smile

Time will tell....but considering the dross he picked up from S&S, the financial constraints etc etc.....not a bad job done so far!

Come on Fingers....even you have to admit that?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

No comment. Smile

Time will tell....but considering the dross he picked up from S&S, the financial constraints etc etc.....not a bad job done so far!

Read the quote again, Steve! Wink

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 pm

rawlings09 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

No comment. Smile

No mistake...just for Rowly, Bonehead etc..
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

No comment. Smile

No mistake...just for Rowly, Bonehead etc..
Oh, my mistake! Fishing
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Another year draws to a close....

Highs & lows?

Highs:
1. The Reds saved by Chris & Sallie Swan in March
2. The club being debt free for the 1st time in many, many years
4. Blyth supporter paying for the team coach
5. TRUST raising 10k to keep the club alive
6. Improvements to the ground and club house
7. Simon Redhead's team at the end of the last season
8. Matty Smith signing for Oldham
9. Corby fans last home game (including the camel) - Now that was class that camel Laughing!!
10 Weymouth away
11. Porrohman & Leethal goals! - I would add the game itself that morning, was a great thing to do!

12. Drawing 0-0 with Solihoof Bores and denting the play off hopes they had Very Happy , bunch of boring wanker
13. Drawing with money bags Tin (Nuneaton away) and Fingers not getting an interview with Matty Gardiner as he fooled off home Very Happy

Lows:
1. Appointment of Socket & Smith
2. Appointment of Mark Fennemore as joint manager
3. January: no water (burst pipes), no toilets, no heating, no beer
4. Mrs Bore....where's he gone?

5. Matty Gardiner leaving & ending up at the titanic (Worcester)
6. Josh Disgracing himself and the club at Chesham
7. The Cedar Road migrating to the Allotment End and interrupting my peace and quiet Wink Oh and bringing bad language here Tut
8. Having more stewards than fans at the Banbury game (81)
9. Letting Simon Fitter and Lei Brown leave the club as we need some creativity in the 1st team.
10. Mark Fennemore no longer being involved at the club, since he has left as general manger we have lost a lot of skill and expertise in this field

Others?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:57 am

Bob Marley wrote:

My post was in reference to the mistake with the surname.

Graham Hyde has done a solid job so far, nothing spectacular, but everyone needs time.

I think the judgement on Sockett and Smith is harsh - seven games is never long enough to judge any manager, especially having built from scratch. Speaking as a football person, I felt the way the were ousted was appalling, irrelevant of whether it was the right decision (time will tell), and that was a real low point for me, along with other hard working people who have been in and out of employment very quickly at RUFC since March.

On the up side, things are slowly looking more settled, let's just hope it lasts eh...

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 am

Just booked my flight for Easter...back for the Evesham & Stourbridge games...get in!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:01 pm

....and not a bad start to 2012!

Where have all the Hyde/Swan lovers gone....rather quiet just lately?

The problem with Redditch is there are too many neg ferrets....it's about bloody time people around this football club begin to realise what we have and the how the foundations are being laid for a very, very bright future.

Mr Swan may not be everyone's cup of tea...but to have a Chairman who is pushy, demanding and disciplined is just about as good as it gets at this level of football.
He told us he wanted the club to be inclusive, self sufficient, hard working and successful...the record so far speaks for itself and with Mr Hyde, we have a manager who shares the same values and despite he complete lack of knowledge and contacts at this level....is doing a bloody damn fine job.

Just ask the Lemontin Chairman, who is paying 3 times the Redditch budget...

So...I challenge you all to get behind the club like never before over the next 4 months....I remember Matty Gardener saying the fans are really the 12th man at this level and the buzz in the dressing room after games was fantastic when the CRU was in full voice.

Onwards & upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 am

Steve, some interesting comments there, and some parts that I agree with (I know, wonders will never cease Very Happy )

But I do wonder when you post things about the club finances, just general remarks, where your information comes from?

For example, what makes you believe that Leamington are paying three times the budget that Redditch are?

Also, how do you know the budget is based on 250 through the gate? And how is that broken down? There have been suggestion with it being slightly more to get in and the average being slightly higher that the budget has been boosted? Is this true?

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

fingers wrote:Steve, some interesting comments there, and some parts that I agree with (I know, wonders will never cease Very Happy )

But I do wonder when you post things about the club finances, just general remarks, where your information comes from?

For example, what makes you believe that Leamington are paying three times the budget that Redditch are?

Also, how do you know the budget is based on 250 through the gate? And how is that broken down? There have been suggestion with it being slightly more to get in and the average being slightly higher that the budget has been boosted? Is this true?

Hi Fingers.

1. I have a very good friend who plays for Lemontin. He was very open with me what their guys are earning and comparing it with the knowledge of our budget (presented by Mr Swan at the TRUST AGM in April), the comparison was generalized.

2. The budget presented by Mr Swan clearly indicated 250 (I can't remember exactly the mix between full payers/concessions etc). He also told us that any shortfall would be made up from him directly..he said he was the 'safety blanket'

3. Since Mr Hyde has taken over, the budget is spread across very few players (outside the starting X1, we don't have too many options). Are we paying more than the budget? I don't know....but I would be very, very surprised knowing Mr Swan's prudent financial planning.

Hope that answers your questions?

NB - Did you not attend any of the supporters forums since Mr Swan has taken the club on?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 am

As I recall Mr Swan said the safety blanket was for the day to day running of the club - he would underwrite those costs and operate on a zero budget if he had to (though he said he didn't foresee that). At that stage there was no playing budget and he didn't make any promises in that regard.

A lot has changed Steve, I just wondered if you, as Chair of TRUST or as an individual, had regular dialogue on these matters with RUFC - full time employees have come and gone since then, there has been a high turnover of playing staff, etc etc.

Are you assuming nothing has changed since those statements or do you know (or have you seen) more than the rest of us? Everything just seems a little disjointed and hidden - feel like Joe Public is missing something here.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

So...I challenge you all to get behind the club like never before over the next 4 months....I remember Matty Gardener saying the fans are really the 12th man at this level and the buzz in the dressing room after games was fantastic when the CRU was in full voice.

You are spot on Steve. Having been to Evesham and Leamington, it is so noticeable that the fans do provide the lift that is needed. We outsung both sets of fans, and the atmosphere when the second goal went in at Leamington .........PRICELESS.

two highlights......................Redditchbluenose86 and Terrace Guy!!!!!!! I will say no more. Very Happy 2011..what a year?   1834 Very Happy 2011..what a year?   1834
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 am

in2thevalley wrote:

You are spot on Steve. Having been to Evesham and Leamington, it is so noticeable that the fans do provide the lift that is needed. We outsung both sets of fans, and the atmosphere when the second goal went in at Leamington .........PRICELESS.

two highlights......................Redditchbluenose86 and Terrace Guy!!!!!!! I will say no more. Very Happy 2011..what a year?   1834 Very Happy 2011..what a year?   1834

Hope you lot did not have that tinpot drum with you if so it is a big FAIL
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:21 am

Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:

Hope you lot did not have that tinpot drum with you if so it is a big 2011..what a year?   3381238357

No the drums stayed at home.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Hi Fingers.

1. I have a very good friend who plays for Lemontin. He was very open with me what their guys are earning and comparing it with the knowledge of our budget (presented by Mr Swan at the TRUST AGM in April), the comparison was generalized.

2. The budget presented by Mr Swan clearly indicated 250 (I can't remember exactly the mix between full payers/concessions etc). He also told us that any shortfall would be made up from him directly..he said he was the 'safety blanket'

3. Since Mr Hyde has taken over, the budget is spread across very few players (outside the starting X1, we don't have too many options). Are we paying more than the budget? I don't know....but I would be very, very surprised knowing Mr Swan's prudent financial planning.

You just make it up as you go along Steve

1. I really do know three Leamington players and one set of parents even better, i also know the budget you had under Sockett & Smith and have a ball park at the increased budget given to Graham Hyde. Leamington are paying very little this season, they paid more in the Allaince and are Perhaps one or two players better off than Redditch, they are loaning out lots of their players in order to reduce costs.

2. 250 is waffle it's what the 250 pay on the day and the prices have increased 10% so the budget if Steve is to be believed would now be 275. You must also appreciate the extra given to Hyde ontop of the initial budget at the start of the season, he has at least a third extra to play with.

3 More waffle, the only players paid under Sockett & Smith were the players who played or sat on the bench, now under Hyde players are paid for sitting at home.

Your a joker Steve the Swans don't even talk to you and the only thing you know are the results via the internet, your old news mate things have moved on. Go play on the Sporting forum where they make you feel at home. wanker

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Hi Fingers.

1. I really do know three Leamington players and one set of parents even better, i also know the budget you had under Sockett & Smith and have a ball park at the increased budget given to Graham Hyde. Leamington are paying very little this season, they paid more in the Allaince and are Perhaps one or two players better off than Redditch, they are loaning out lots of their players in order to reduce costs.

2. 250 is waffle it's what the 250 pay on the day and the prices have increased 10% so the budget if Steve is to be believed would now be 275. You must also appreciate the extra given to Hyde ontop of the initial budget at the start of the season, he has at least a third extra to play with.

3 More waffle, the only players paid under Sockett & Smith were the players who played or sat on the bench, now under Hyde players are paid for sitting at home.

Your a joker Steve the Swans don't even talk to you and the only thing you know are the results via the internet, your old news mate things have moved on. Go play on the Sporting forum where they make you feel at home. wanker

Bell end.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Hi Fingers.

Without wanting to interrupt yours and Bob Marleys tirade against each other the above comment is a complete and utter load of Full of sh*t!

So Leamington with the likes of Asa Charlton, Lee Downes, Kolo, Liam Francis, Stephen Morley are paying out less than they were in the MFA. fluff right off! For a start 3 of those players all played at RUFC and do not play for sides without picking up a decent wage! Kolo's demands at the start of the season when we enquired of his services was £250 a game plus goal bonus, he isn't going to be far off that at Leamongton.

Leamington will be paying out more than RUFC and will be up there in the Evo Stick Prem in terms of what the budget they have available, albeit based on crowds of 600 odd.

Add in Corbett on loan from Worsssttttaaa as well and you really need to lay of that Sherry Mrs Beer !
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm

in2thevalley wrote:

I think I know which one of my moments you're referring to, but I'd love to here TG's moment? Very Happy
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:

I think I know which one of my moments you're referring to, but I'd love to here TG's moment? Very Happy

For those who could not make it mate pls share Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Leethall wrote:
Without wanting to interrupt yours and Bob Marleys tirade against each other the above comment is a complete and utter load of Full of sh*t!

Hi Leethall

Look mate please feel free to question me but please mention some facts along the way.

I have stated facts and explained that i know the budgets and i know the players, i also know you could not afford to pay a player £175.00 a game at the start of the season but you can now.

If you doubt my honesty then have a word with Rowly next time you see him, players always tell you they are on more than they are on especialy when they think you want to sign them. I reckon Rowly will know more about the Redditch budget than your mate Steve (take my word on that).

Leamington are penny pinching and while i may have over egged the pudding their budget is not far off yours under Hyde. I also heard what a Moors player was offered to go to Redditch on loan not so long ago but that's not concrete but it was a lot more than you or i would have expected.

I know you get about Leethall so make a few enquires about Leamington cutting their cloth and then get back to me, and i hope you don't believe Steve when he suggests Redditch were paying the squad under Sockett & Smith because i am assured they only played the team and the bench.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Hi Leethall

Look mate please feel free to question me but please mention some facts along the way.

I have stated facts and explained that i know the budgets and i know the players, i also know you could not afford to pay a player £175.00 a game at the start of the season but you can now.

If you doubt my honesty then have a word with Rowly next time you see him, players always tell you they are on more than they are on especialy when they think you want to sign them. I reckon Rowly will know more about the Redditch budget than your mate Steve (take my word on that).

Leamington are penny pinching and while i may have over egged the pudding their budget is not far off yours under Hyde. I also heard what a Moors player was offered to go to Redditch on loan not so long ago but that's not concrete but it was a lot more than you or i would have expected.

I know you get about Leethall so make a few enquires about Leamington cutting their cloth and then get back to me, and i hope you don't believe Steve when he suggests Redditch were paying the squad under Sockett & Smith because i am assured they only played the team and the bench.

I will ask Rowly when I see him at the game next. My point here Mrs Moor is that Leamington are not paying out peanuts and I would bet my money (not that I bet Wink ) that Leamongton are paying out more per week. Sorry but I don't agree with you. Yes RUFC may have offered players decent money to join (eg Berwick) as we needed to improve after some of the shambling signings at the start of the season.

Ok I will question you right now then, let's see the facts that you know, so how much are both clubs paying out exactly? Would be very interesting to see this considering a club would not be disclosing such information other than annual accounts?

Don't worry I know fans at Leamongton so I have asked what there views are on this, from conversations already there budget is based on a projected attendance and this is not really down from what was anticipated at the start of the season. Penny pinching at Leamongton is a no, moving players out and bringing others in maybe (eg Daly and Breedon out and Francis and Evans in). Sorry this does not wash with me!

Solihoof's budget as usual will have been topped up after that shite start, as I have said to your fans you lot are paying out a whack on players (Hinton, Walker, JJ Melligan, Blackwood, Broadhurst, Pierpoint, Spencer) and considering Ian Childs has stopped funding your club how the hell do you afford that on crowds of 200? Fact of the matter is that you can't be unless the rugby club are subsidising the football club?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Hi Leethall

Bell end
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:36 am

fingers wrote:As I recall Mr Swan said the safety blanket was for the day to day running of the club - he would underwrite those costs and operate on a zero budget if he had to (though he said he didn't foresee that). At that stage there was no playing budget and he didn't make any promises in that regard.

A lot has changed Steve, I just wondered if you, as Chair of TRUST or as an individual, had regular dialogue on these matters with RUFC - full time employees have come and gone since then, there has been a high turnover of playing staff, etc etc.

Are you assuming nothing has changed since those statements or do you know (or have you seen) more than the rest of us? Everything just seems a little disjointed and hidden - feel like Joe Public is missing something here.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next