Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MATCH OFF TODAY

+6
ted striker
Leethall
adiy price
Redditchbluenose86
Fat Ron
porrohman
10 posters

Go down

MATCH OFF TODAY Empty MATCH OFF TODAY

Post  porrohman Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:56 am

Today's match is now OFF
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

MATCH OFF TODAY Empty Re: MATCH OFF TODAY

Post  Fat Ron Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 am

I'm sure the away fans will be very pleased to hear that.. No .. I am well pissed off..No fat chippies to gorge on now pig !!!.. Joking a side..Thats a bit late to make the decision.. Don't seem right on those St Albans fans that have made the trip up.. Still these days the fans are the last people anyone in football cares about....Nowt more you can say really is there.. Fat Ron pig pig

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:18 am

I'll take the positives - more recovery time for our injured players, and I never got to miss the game Smile
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:29 pm

i know i've left the club and dont know whats gone on but i do know that pitch and i'm sorry but i only live round the corner from the ground and there is no way todays game should have been called off. not because of frost anyway Senile Senile
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:48 pm

adiy price wrote:i know i've left the club and dont know whats gone on but i do know that pitch and i'm sorry but i only live round the corner from the ground and there is no way todays game should have been called off. not because of frost anyway Senile Senile

You would have had the hair dryer out Aide Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Gotta feel for the St Albans fans who made the trip up, only to have to turn around and go home without seeing a game.

Still, not as bad as Carlisle, whose 3pm kick-off at MK Dons was called off today after a 1.45pm pitch inspection.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 pm

ted striker wrote:Gotta feel for the St Albans fans who made the trip up, only to have to turn around and go home without seeing a game.

Still, not as bad as Carlisle, whose 3pm kick-off at MK Dons was called off today after a 1.45pm pitch inspection.

Absolute bag off shite calling games off at that time. The pitch looked fine, absolutely Full of sh*t
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  cheshfan Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:13 pm

am sure it must have been st Albans fault according to Mr swan

cheshfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 pm

You currently have a lot of support and agreement on here. Don't ruin it!!!

Grow up!

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  andsebrook Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Not happy St Albans fan who had a wasted 4 hour round trip to Redditch today. I was informed an 11am inspection had passed fit the pitch and both teams were happy to play. What a tosser referee!! What is it with life these days - we are so scared of bloody 'Claimsdirect.com' When I was a kid playing footie we played on a mental hospital footie pitch which was open to one and all and nobody batted an eyelid and it was a laugh when they all waddled out at lunchtime after the hooter went! On a positive note fair play to the gateman at the groung explaining to all who turned up that the game was off. A really nice bloke who had a smile on his face and took time and trouble to explain the circumstances. My blonde b*tch girlfriend really enjoyed the Kingfisher shopping centre though!

andsebrook
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:41 pm

andsebrook wrote:Not happy St Albans fan who had a wasted 4 hour round trip to Redditch today. I was informed an 11am inspection had passed fit the pitch and both teams were happy to play. What a tosser referee!! What is it with life these days - we are so scared of bloody 'Claimsdirect.com' When I was a kid playing footie we played on a mental hospital footie pitch which was open to one and all and nobody batted an eyelid and it was a laugh when they all waddled out at lunchtime after the hooter went! On a positive note fair play to the gateman at the groung explaining to all who turned up that the game was off. A really nice bloke who had a smile on his face and took time and trouble to explain the circumstances. My blonde b*tch girlfriend really enjoyed the Kingfisher shopping centre though!

Feel for you lot mate, the game should have been declared on/off by 11am regardless.
Not only did you lose out on football you'd travelled to see but sounds like you left a few quid lighter as well due to the missus Laughing
Hope you all had a safe one back.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:30 am

andsebrook wrote:Not happy St Albans fan who had a wasted 4 hour round trip to Redditch today. I was informed an 11am inspection had passed fit the pitch and both teams were happy to play. What a tosser referee!! What is it with life these days - we are so scared of bloody 'Claimsdirect.com' When I was a kid playing footie we played on a mental hospital footie pitch which was open to one and all and nobody batted an eyelid and it was a laugh when they all waddled out at lunchtime after the hooter went! On a positive note fair play to the gateman at the groung explaining to all who turned up that the game was off. A really nice bloke who had a smile on his face and took time and trouble to explain the circumstances. My blonde b*tch girlfriend really enjoyed the Kingfisher shopping centre though!

Totally agree fella. The problem is that local refs will inspect the pitch and say yes then the match referee turns up and says ah no it is off wanker

The game will more than likely now be played on a Tuesday night costing St Albans fans more money. Unlucky having to visit the Kingfisher!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:31 am

del boy wrote:You currently have a lot of support and agreement on here. Don't ruin it!!!

Grow up!

+ 1
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:35 am

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 am

Yawn. Football fans travelling to away games when severe frost is around,only to find out match is off. Happens every year and will continue to happen. Numerous away fans had the same happen to them yesterday.It's life. Move on.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 am

I wouldn't of even bothered replying to them Leethall, i'd stay clear of that forum, it looks like a right borefest!!!
Who is he calling dickheads?? The impression I get is that he's referring to Redditch United!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:11 pm

If the match referee can just turn up at 2pm and overrule the local referees morning inspection, is there even any point in the local ref bothering?

If the local ref makes a decision, but the weather then deteriorates further between 11am and 2pm, then fair enough. Yesterday that was not the case. The conditions actually improved as the day went on.

Local refs need to be given some authority to make these decisions. If not, then it is a pointless exercise.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:19 pm

allotmentender wrote:I wouldn't of even bothered replying to them Leethall, i'd stay clear of that forum, it looks like a right borefest!!!
Who is he calling dickheads?? The impression I get is that he's referring to Redditch United!!!

I will mate as it will rile them a bit more!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League