Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Berwick out, Adkins in?

+6
del boy
fingers
alottmentender
porrohman
in2thevalley
rawlings09
10 posters

Go down

Berwick out, Adkins in? Empty Berwick out, Adkins in?

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:19 am

http://banter.cv31.co.uk/showthread.php?8473-Adkins-On-Loan-To-Redditch

Another loan player... that'll keep mrs.moor happy.

Any info on this fella?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Berwick out, Adkins in? Empty Re: Berwick out, Adkins in?

Post  in2thevalley Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 am

rawlings09 wrote:http://banter.cv31.co.uk/showthread.php?8473-Adkins-On-Loan-To-Redditch

Another loan player... that'll keep mrs.moor happy.

Any info on this fella?

with Jon Adams arriving at Leamington Manager Paul Holleran has allowed midfielder Sam Adkins to transfer to Redditch United so that he can gain valuable match time. An agreement is in place for his recall.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:12 am

We've scored 3 goals in 5 games, and we get rid of a top striker proven at this level and bring a midfielder in on loan.
I tell you what...I'm searching online for Humble Pie makers...whilst even contemplating an apology to Mrs Moor at this rate.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 am

talking of berwick from what ive seen of him i wouldnt call him a top striker,how many times as he scored for us or look like scoring to be honest,yes maybe he hasnt had the best of service but he doesnt look that good to be honest.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 am

porrohman wrote:We've scored 3 goals in 5 games, and we get rid of a top striker proven at this level and bring a midfielder in on loan.
I tell you what...I'm searching online for Humble Pie makers...whilst even contemplating an apology to Mrs Moor at this rate.

Berwick out, Adkins in? 687895 Berwick out, Adkins in? 687895 Berwick out, Adkins in? 687895
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm

By a lot of accounts on here Berwick has been starved of service - if that is the case the midfield is the right area to strengthen to add creativity. Maybe Berwick has been a victim of circumstance - a reliable source tells me his departure is budget led, but rather than a cut, maybe Hyde is just rejigging his priorities - no point in having a potentially good striker starved of service, create the chances and find the forward that fits that style.

I'm not saying it will turn out that way, just that there may be method to the perceived madness.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm

^^^ That makes a lot of sense. For Hyde, perhaps it’s a case of ‘you can have one or the other, but you can’t have both‘.

I’m a big believer in building from the back. We could have the best two strikers in the league, but if we can’t get the ball to them, then they are a waste of money. Coleman looks more than competent in goal and defensively we look pretty solid. Our goals against record confirms this.

When the midfield is as effective as our defence, then we can worry about getting the right strikers in. But, as you have suggested, it’s not quite that simple and doesn’t always go according to the plan. It does however, seem like a sensible course of action.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:25 pm

del boy wrote:^^^ That makes a lot of sense. For Hyde, perhaps it’s a case of ‘you can have one or the other, but you can’t have both‘.

I’m a big believer in building from the back. We could have the best two strikers in the league, but if we can’t get the ball to them, then they are a waste of money. Coleman looks more than competent in goal and defensively we look pretty solid. Our goals against record confirms this.

When the midfield is as effective as our defence, then we can worry about getting the right strikers in. But, as you have suggested, it’s not quite that simple and doesn’t always go according to the plan. It does however, seem like a sensible course of action.

Please tell me you are drunk. ''If you can't get the ball to the two best strikers in the league, then they are a waste of money'' What!! If you have the two best strikers in the league you make sure you get a midfield that can give them the bloody ball!! The last thing you should do is let them go. Last time I looked the objective of the game is to score more goals than the opponents. Short memories on here....tell me any player we have now that could have won the game with a goal like Berwicks against Banbury. Don't bother we have no one now...not one player to finish like Berwick did to WIN the game and get us 3 POINTS. 3 goals in 5 games...read it again....and we let Berwick go? In December you moaned about the poor entertainment and now we let a proven goal scorer go!!! Building from the back is ok but it won't win you games. It might get you a backs to the wall performance now and again with a point, but chuck a couple of injuries in and we leak goals all over the place as we are doing now. Absolutely gobsmacked.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:46 pm

porrohman wrote:
del boy wrote:^^^ That makes a lot of sense. For Hyde, perhaps it’s a case of ‘you can have one or the other, but you can’t have both‘.

Please tell me you are drunk. ''If you can't get the ball to the two best strikers in the league, then they are a waste of money'' What!! If you have the two best strikers in the league you make sure you get a midfield that can give them the bloody ball!! The last thing you should do is let them go. Last time I looked the objective of the game is to score more goals than the opponents. Short memories on here....tell me any player we have now that could have won the game with a goal like Berwicks against Banbury. Don't bother we have no one now...not one player to finish like Berwick did to WIN the game and get us 3 POINTS. 3 goals in 5 games...read it again....and we let Berwick go? In December you moaned about the poor entertainment and now we let a proven goal scorer go!!! Building from the back is ok but it won't win you games. It might get you a backs to the wall performance now and again with a point, but chuck a couple of injuries in and we leak goals all over the place as we are doing now. Absolutely gobsmacked.

Looks like me might have found a fight for the undercard of the boxing night. Leethal v Mrs Moor still the main event though!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I may add we were after Tommy Berwick for months before he actually signed as well.Then we get him for a few games and let him go.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:01 pm

For the record, I don’t actually think that we have the two best strikers in the league! I was being hypothetical. And you have used quotations marks on something that I did not say!!!!!

So, hypothetically, we could have Van Persie and Rooney as our strikers. But if every attempted pass, through ball, cross etc from the rest of our team gets nowhere near them, they aren’t going to be able to do much and are thus a waste of money. It’s all about balance across the team and not putting all of your eggs in one basket…

Anyway, quality midfielders cost money, money that the club doesn’t have, so the books have to be balanced. Yes, I did recently moan about the entertainment value; but for me, that’s pretty much been the case all season .

You do seem to be suggesting that money should be no object when it comes to hiring and retaining the best players out there to gain success. That kind of attitude is why football clubs have been dropping like flies. As you said, there are “short memories on here”.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 pm

del boy wrote:For the record, I don’t actually think that we have the two best strikers in the league! I was being hypothetical. And you have used quotations marks on something that I did not say!!!!!

So, hypothetically, we could have Van Persie and Rooney as our strikers. But if every attempted pass, through ball, cross etc from the rest of our team gets nowhere near them, they aren’t going to be able to do much and are thus a waste of money. It’s all about balance across the team and not putting all of your eggs in one basket…

Anyway, quality midfielders cost money, money that the club doesn’t have, so the books have to be balanced. Yes, I did recently moan about the entertainment value; but for me, that’s pretty much been the case all season .

You do seem to be suggesting that money should be no object when it comes to hiring and retaining the best players out there to gain success. That kind of attitude is why football clubs have been dropping like flies. As you said, there are “short memories on here”.

Confirmed!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Bonehead, I think you should have the warm up bout against Mr. Bob Marley Handbags
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 pm

del boy wrote:Bonehead, I think you should have the warm up bout against Mr. Bob Marley Handbags

Now there's a thought but that would run contrary to my pacifist beliefs.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 pm

fingers wrote:By a lot of accounts on here Berwick has been starved of service - if that is the case the midfield is the right area to strengthen to add creativity. Maybe Berwick has been a victim of circumstance - a reliable source tells me his departure is budget led, but rather than a cut, maybe Hyde is just rejigging his priorities - no point in having a potentially good striker starved of service, create the chances and find the forward that fits that style.

I'm not saying it will turn out that way, just that there may be method to the perceived madness.

The midfield at Redditch is shocking, no quality and no ability to provide service to the forwards.

My source that is also reliable has also confirmed that it is intact a budget cut and Berwick has been got rid of as he is probably a top earner.

No logic and defies belief, we have nothing in midfield to provide any service and Berwick can count himself very unlucky Head against wall

Oh and awaits the usual suspects to respond with Tommy Warmer will be back to strengthen the midfield......
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Mixed on the striker v midfielder debate really - depends on the type of striker.

In Berwick, there was more of an out and out striker who needed service, which may have been part of the decision.

Whether it's up top, out wide, or in midfield, you need a spark somewhere.

If you have Sylla with no service, he would create you some goals, but wouldn't have been as prolific as he was - Rickards however would probably have been just as effective because he liked the mantle of having to create.

porrohman has a point in that good strikers are hard to come by.

Besides, I could be wrong - maybe Hyde isn't balancing the books, maybe the chairman has reigned in the budget after the recent poor run - has he looked at having to make up two-thirds of the playing budget, watched poor results lately and thought 'B*l*cks to this'?

Hyde has bought in Caines (must be on some wedge?) and now Adkins - hopefully it is Hyde moulding the existing budget - resources that change dependent on form/mood always ends in tears, just ask fans of Bromsgrove Rovers and more recently Kettering Town.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

Berwick has re-signed for Daventry Head against wall
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:59 am

Too good for the league below, like I said he failed to score regularly for us but I guess he was starved of service. Can't wait for the day we finally get a striker that will bag goals for fun!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am

lewism5964 wrote:Too good for the league below, like I said he failed to score regularly for us but I guess he was starved of service. Can't wait for the day we finally get a striker that will bag goals for fun!

Unfortunately at our level they are few and far between!
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:35 am

I know one...plays for Daventry...
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 am

[quote="fingers"]Mixed on the striker v midfielder debate really - depends on the type of striker.

In Berwick, there was more of an out and out striker who needed service, which may have been part of the decision.

Whether it's up top, out wide, or in midfield, you need a spark somewhere.

If you have Sylla with no service, he would create you some goals, but wouldn't have been as prolific as he was - Rickards however would probably have been just as effective because he liked the mantle of having to create.

porrohman has a point in that good strikers are hard to come by.

Besides, I could be wrong - maybe Hyde isn't balancing the books, maybe the chairman has reigned in the budget after the recent poor run - has he looked at having to make up two-thirds of the playing budget, watched poor results lately and thought 'B*l*cks to this'?

Hyde has bought in Caines (must be on some wedge?) and now Adkins - hopefully it is Hyde moulding the existing budget - resources that change dependent on form/mood always ends in tears, just ask fans of Bromsgrove Rovers and more recently Kettering Town.

/quote]

SPOT ON!! Last paragraph is totally correct.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am

arsene wrote:
lewism5964 wrote:Too good for the league below, like I said he failed to score regularly for us but I guess he was starved of service. Can't wait for the day we finally get a striker that will bag goals for fun!

Unfortunately at our level they are few and far between!

Unfortunately we have no flair or quality to provide the strikers with opportunities and when we finally get somebody who has the potential to score goals we get rid of him.

Be prepared for hoofball deluxe tomorrow to Deabill, it makes me consider not going Wink!!

You expect any football team to first of all put in a shift every single game for 90 minutes, that is given and you usually cannot fault that with Reddshite. But to win games you need to score goals or goal only, we do not have this and I fear that we are going to be in a relegation battle come the end of the season. Look at Hemel who have won 3 or 4 on the bounce, Evesham have started winning games and we are falling slowly down the table.

That run we had of a few wins against Weymouth, Banbury etc seems to be a distant memory ago and we are in grave danger of dropping into the Southern South/West which IMO will be a very bad thing for the club....

Brackley will be full of quality tomorrow with the likes of Billy Turley, Owen Story, Tom Kemp, Winters, Jefferson Lewis, Elliot Sandy etc, if they are having one of their better days we could get a right royal hiding.

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down