Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reddshite 2 Brackley 3

+3
del boy
Bob Marley
Leethall
7 posters

Go down

Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 Empty Reddshite 2 Brackley 3

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 am

5 goals scored on a very difficult pitch. Brackley went 3 nil up with Owen Story scoring against his ex club after a thunderbolt from the right back had given them the lead. In between Peter Stringfellow was sent off for 2 bookingsnwith the latter seeming very harsh indeed. The ref lost all control of the game after that booking numerous players and Brackley Motto went 3 up through a Diggin penalty.

Cue the fight back, Jarvis scored with a good finish then Ozzie Osbourne finally had a run at the Brackley defence and bought a tackle in the box which resulted in a penalty. Up stepped Sam Atkins on his 1st team debut to slot home the penalty. Brackley then saw out the game to win 3-2 and continue their promotion push whilst this defeat leaves Reddshite 2 points above the drop zone going into Tuesday nights home clash with Hemel Hempstead.

Pitch was not good but Redditch with Dearbill up front looked absolutely dreadful for the majority of the game launching balls to Jimmy with no one within 20 yards most of the time if he even won a header. Luke Benbow came on at half time which helped a little but I am afraid that unless Mr Hyde quickly realises he needs to be a bit more adventurous going forward, we are heading down. Our plan A is shocking and we don't have a Plan B I am afraid to say!

Brackley looked at ease and really should have won by 5/6 with the chances they wasted.

Crowd I believe was 224 according to the league website, I did not hear this announced at the game but probably near on 40/50 people were probably counted from the Under 7's who were involved in a half time penalty shoot out.

Got to improve quickly or it will be a second successive relegation.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 Empty Re: Reddshite 2 Brackley 3

Post  Bob Marley Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 pm

1 goal difference, with 10 men, against big spending top of the league...shame.
Better than most anticipated.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Normally, I’m not one to criticise the officials, but today they had an absolute shocker. Stringfellow’s 2nd booking was harsh beyond belief. Having to play 60 minutes against the league leaders with ten men meant we were always up against it.

Carl Palmer blatantly dived to get the free kick which directly lead to Brackley’s 2nd goal. For their 3rd goal, one of their players quite deliberately controlled the ball with his hand to make space for himself before proceeding to dive to ‘win’ a penalty.

Yes, Brackley were far better than us and overall did deserve to win. But I feel cheated. I don’t mind losing to a better team, but the manor in which we lost angered me.

If I was paying 8k a week to subsidise that, I would feel short changed. On the evidence of that performance, their chairman isn’t getting value for money. Brackley should be cruising to the title, yet some of their players still need to cheat.

I’m not bitter. Brackley deserved it. But the cheating disgusted me.

Fair play to our lads though. It certainly wasn’t pretty to watch, but I can’t fault their work rate or attitude. There was a good fighting spirit shown when it should have been ‘game over’.

The attendance was shocking. 224? Hmmm…. I’d guessed it was at least a good 50 less than that. Take away the 30-40 Brackley fans and all of those using the freebie turnstile, and I doubt there were more than 70-80 paying full admittance.

Worrying times. Just over a month ago, I was tentatively starting to think about the playoffs. Now I’m worrying about falling attendances, Mr. Swan cutting the playing budget and sadly, relegation. In all honesty, Redditch as a town probably deserves nothing less.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:09 pm

Bob Marley wrote:1 goal difference, with 10 men, against big spending top of the league...shame.

Were you there this week .................. Rolling Eyes

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Bob Marley wrote:1 goal difference, with 10 men, against big spending top of the league...shame.

If you watched it then you would know that the shoreline did not tell the story.

Could be by the time that you make it back to see some games BM that we could be near enough relegated.

Shoreline was better than I anticipated but the performance fell short of what I expected. The tactics of the side were also I am afraid to say average, we are just playing Hoofball
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:

More to the point, were you there Mrs Moor before you spout off?????????????????????????????????????????????
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

More to the point, were you there Mrs Moor before you spout off?????????????????????????????????????????????

Tuck Shop in the driving range?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm

what was wrong with the pitch, have you watched any Welsh games lately? NO EXCUSE!!!!! Unfortunately an unconfident ref. But second half Redditch were the champs!!!!Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 542343

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:39 am

Another game of predictable, aimless, hoofball no less. If it's been said once, it's been said a million times, Jim Deabill is isolated for 90 minutes with at least 2 defenders, even if he does win the areal ball, he still has to bring it down, controll it and find the next pass with 2 defenders pressuring him.

And even if he did win the ball... the nearest player is 30 yards away still pushing up from the hoof!

The pitch was bad... but you can still play football on it! Anything is better than hoofball.

We fought back very well second half again 11 men and a ref, although it seems that we panic when we go a goal down and don't know/don't have enough option to get back into it.. it's only after number 2 and number 3 go in that we realise we should fight back.

Hyde said in the paper "Goals will come" Yes that may be true but what use are they when you're 3 goals down?

I'd like to see some changes to our playing style.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:46 am

rawlings09 wrote:Another game of predictable, aimless, hoofball no less. If it's been said once, it's been said a million times, Jim Deabill is isolated for 90 minutes with at least 2 defenders, even if he does win the areal ball, he still has to bring it down, controll it and find the next pass with 2 defenders pressuring him.

And even if he did win the ball... the nearest player is 30 yards away still pushing up from the hoof!

The pitch was bad... but you can still play football on it! Anything is better than hoofball.

We fought back very well second half again 11 men and a ref, although it seems that we panic when we go a goal down and don't know/don't have enough option to get back into it.. it's only after number 2 and number 3 go in that we realise we should fight back.

Hyde said in the paper "Goals will come" Yes that may be true but what use are they when you're 3 goals down?

I'd like to see some changes to our playing style.

Absolutely spot on mate. The bit about Jimmy was so true in the 1st half and how many times were we stood in the Allotment End watching us launch the ball ala Solihoof stylee up to Jimmy and seeing him on his own with 4 or 5 Brackley players waiting to pick the second ball back up to launch another sorte at the Reddshite goal?

I know certain people won't like this but I am afraid if Mr Hyde cannot get some wins in the next 5 games then maybe it is time to think about him being replaced?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 am

Hoofball was certainly evident in yesterdays match. We seem content fo aim it for Big Jim and hope he will win

the ball, when he does win the ball there is no player within 20-30 yards of him. We looked more threatening

when we got the ball out wide. But why oh why wont we shoot when we get in a position to score? several

times in the first half we chances to shoot and for whatever reason , we decided to pass and not test their

keeper. On the officials, that was without doubt the worst referee that has been down the valley, I personally

wouldn't let him ref a table football game. He was Dreadful, plummeting new depths of incompetence. The

sending off was very harsh to say the least, and as for Brackleys second and third goals they were jokes.

Carl Palmers blantant dive to get the free kick which directly lead to Brackley’s 2nd goal.was embarrasing, Tom

Daly you have competition in the olympics in the diving competition and as for the their 3rd goal, one of their

players quite deliberately controlled the ball with his hand so much so he almost carried the ball in to the car

park then he proceeded to dive to ‘win’ a penalty. Embarassed

What was encouraging was the fight back with Jones and Adkins scoring on his debut. I know it was too little

too late but I know we can turn this around.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:19 am

10 yellow cards 1 red card in a match that was never bad tempered. Ref you are joke.Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357 Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357 Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 am

in2thevalley wrote:10 yellow cards 1 red card in a match that was never bad tempered. Ref you are joke.Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357 Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357 Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 3381238357

The ref was useless but some of his decisions were made due to shocking tackling by Reds players. The basics are just not good enough by us and it needs to improve quickly.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 am

http://www.brackleytownfc.com/_html/_match_report/

fairly written report from the Brackley site and also they were baffled by the ref!

Saturday 28th January

Redditch United 2 - 3 Brackley Town

The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos.  The winner is the one who controls that chaos, both his own and his enemy’s.

Saints controlled their game at Redditch United and played some fine football to capture all three points to stay clear of the pack at the top of the Premier League table.  Having established a 3-0 lead the performance was only spoiled by two late defensive lapses that allowed the home side to reduce the deficit and gain a toe-hold in the game before Town reasserted their superiority to claim the win.

Both sides set out to play passing football and produced an entertaining spectacle in spite of the very poor condition of the pitch and some lamentable refereeing.  The 221 spectators left The Valley bemoaning the ten yellow cards that punctuated the latter stages of a good game that was never ill-tempered.

Saints started without Tom Winters and Josh Green who were on the bench and Eddie Nisevic who failed a late fitness test that brought the return of Ellis Myles to full-back.

The first half replacement of injured centre-half Gavin Caines and the sending off for two yellow cards of right-back Aaron Stringfellow brought re-organisation of the home defence but Brackley were already well on top.

Saints started brightly with wingers Owen Story and Glenn Walker hard working and inventive.  A fine chance fell to Steve Diggin on 37 minutes but his close range effort was smothered before young right-back Ellis Myles conjured a spectacular strike, hitting a fierce shot from 25 yards that had keeper Dean Coleman all in blue beaten all ends up to give Brackley a deserved half-time lead.

Saints’ second half onslaught was sustained.  Midfielder Brett Solkhon twice fired in shots when well-placed but the second goal was not long coming as Walker’s 57th minute free-kick was deflected to Story who finished emphatically.  Story’s fine turn and shot was well saved low down by Coleman just a minute later and on 68 minutes Diggin was felled, calmly converting the penalty himself.

With their first threat on goal of the half Redditch grabbed a life-line through Jake Jones with 20 minutes remaining before a 76th minute penalty by Sam Adkins on his Redditch debut narrowed Saints’ lead to a single goal following Carl Palmer’s foul on Jones.  Brackley briefly looked vulnerable as their passing game gave way to the long ball but were soon back in the driving seat creating further chances to extend the lead, the closest coming from substitute Jefferson Louis’ header that struck the post after good work by Story.

The late defensive lapse aside this was an excellent all-round footballing performance.  Star turns on the day came from Ellis Myles and Owen Story but every player could look back on impressive contributions. 

Brackley Town:  Turley, Clifton, Myles, Palmer, Marshall, Kemp, Story, Solkhon, Sandy,Diggin (Louis 80), Walker.   Subs unused: Magunda, W.Green, J.Green, Winters.

Redditch United:  Coleman, Stringfellow, Robinson, Forde, Caines (Knott 27), Grimes, Jones, Adkins, Deabill, Travis, Osborne.   Subs unused:  Moses-Garvey, Warmer, Benbow, Bedford.

Referee:  Kevin Morris     Referee’s assistants:  Tom Light and Matt Giblin 

Attendance:  221
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 am

I read their report on the game. Agree with some of what is written and dis-agree with other parts, then I would though wouldn't I .
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:29 am

Kevin Morris was being assessed yesterday. I wonder what the outcome was?
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 am

in2thevalley wrote:Kevin Morris was being assessed yesterday. I wonder what the outcome was?

Passed with flying colours Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 am

Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:Kevin Morris was being assessed yesterday. I wonder what the outcome was?

Passed with flying colours Very Happy

You are joking!Reddshite 2 Brackley 3 173617
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:08 pm

a lot of people seem to be blaming the ref for what was a poor display by the reds but i think it is time to change the keeper as i thought that dean coleman was at fault for the first two goals and also that he as not been at his best for the last few games and seems to be lacking in confidence.i beleave we should be giving bedford a chance and see what he can do as he seems to do ok when he has played.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down