Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY

+13
Mr Bonehead
ted striker
fingers
rawlings09
Bob Marley
porrohman
Redditchbluenose86
Leethall
Captain Carlin
arsene
in2thevalley
del boy
V.C.
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY - Page 2 Empty Re: TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 am

Andy.

I think you are confusing the TRUST organization you tried to set up and the TRUST organization that was set up.

The TRUST organization that was set up has a clear constitution:

'To secure the short, medium and long term survival of the football club'
How to do this:
Raise 5k per year to fund sponsorship.
Support club activities and fund raising initiatives.
Improve communication between Directors & supporters.

With the very limited resources we have, we felt these objectives were achievable and being achieved.
10k was raised in the first calendar year.
Mr Swan comes to all TRUST meetings (if invited) and has already held 3 supporters forums. I remember Mr Rossitter opening a previous supporters forum with 'we can not discuss any of the financials of the football club until the accounts have been verified...please keep all questions football related only'.....that is not the case with Mr Swan. I do not see a problem with communication.

Now, when Mr Swan decided to 'buy' the club, TRUST was part of the debt reduction plan that saw our club pay off more than 250k....yes, 250k! This secured the short term survival of the football club.
TRUST took on 22k loan that was not disclosed by the previous Directors until the day of signing. No documentation was made available during the due dilligence period as the loan was not taken out by RUFC, but by associated individuals.
TRUST stepped in to help finalize the deal...securing the short term survival of the football club.

All debts are now paid...the council (who were preparing a writ), the coach companies, utilities, previous players, previous Directors, the grass seed company from 2005!!. this has secured the medium term survival of the football club.

Now the long term...maybe not everyone agrees with Mr Swan's footballing decisions? Did everyone agree with a previous manager that was also a Director/owner?
It is not the responsibility of TRUST to question Mr Swan's footballing decisions....we have no official right to do it.

Nowhere in the constituion does it say we should interfere with how the club is managed by the owners, how the manager is selected or what players the manager decides to play.
TRUST is not a shareholder and has no legal right to interfere with any decisions made by the owners.
We are happy to discuss, arbitrate and advise accordingly, but is not a given right or something we expect....why should we?

When we talk of TRUST, we talk mainly of 7-8 individuals who volunteer their time on top of full time occupations...your comment of 'heads in sand' reminds me of previous regimes at the club....this is not the case today.

Maybe I am not as focussed on the footballing side of the club at the moment as others?
1. To have a team playing under the RUFC banner is a massive achievement
2. To have a team playing at this level is a massive achievement (remember the level we would have been playing going down the Plan B route?)
3. To have a debt free club with a solid infrastructure is a massive achievement
4. To have a community driven organization with RUFC players visitng the local children's ward is a massive achievement
5. To have a thriving youth & girls section is a massive achievement
6. To have a trustworthy relationship with the council (ask Rock DJ) is a massive achievement
7. To have 4 players on contract is a massive achievement

OK, the team is having a bad patch.....am I going to be asking for the resignation of the manager after 3 months...the same manager who helped with all of the above?

Everyone reading this message (except MM) have seen the facts and figures.
RUFC is a massive financial, losing concern....propped up by broken promises and injections of artificial cash.
Mr Swan is changing that....it's a very tough transition.....maybe he hasn't done everything perfectly, but continued questioning of everything RUFC will only stir discontent and make certain individuals lose sight of the big picture.

Survival in this league will be a massive achievement....we all pretty much agreed on this at the start of the season....despite a fantastic 6 game run, nothing has changed for me and supporters are deluded if they think otherwise.

The true supporters of RUFC see the big picture...we have to...were are part of the rebuilding; from a situation of near oblivion to everything I have listed above.

Nodding dog? are you kidding me Andy? I disgree with your player marks! Point and laugh

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:17 am

Great to see Big Jim score and Benbow looked very lively. A good ref ( that makes a change) Dis-appointing attendance of only 84, but they were warmed up by an excellent match.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, We will stay up (just). and then move in the right direction after that.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am

WOW!

Sooooo many holes in your argument Steve - I wish I had time to run through them all now, but unfortunately I have a Law assignment due - I will return to this topic though...

I'll leave you with one though for now - have you considered why there are only 7-8 individuals actively involved with TRUST? One thing you are right on, we certainly have different visions on what TRUST is/should be.

And as for the player marks - Jakab missed 5 sitters - he was lucky to get that 8! Laughing

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am

Survival in this league will be a massive achievement....we all pretty much agreed on this at the start of the season....despite a fantastic 6 game run, nothing has changed for me and supporters are deluded if they think otherwise.

Expectation has changed for me. If everyone at the club was happy to pass straight through this league, then what was the point in the playing budget? We should stay up, we expected to go down last season because the playing budget was cut to £0... to stay in the BSN with that would have been no less than a miracle.

This season, i don't know what the weekly budget is, but it's more than last season so with the increase in playing budget, there is an increase in expectation.

I don't think we'll stay in this league... again i blame current results and performances, but i'll remain one of those that stick by the club nomatter what happens.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:20 am

Captain Carlin wrote:
Leethall wrote:
porrohman wrote:Worcester City reduced their prices for last Monday's home game against Histon.. £7 Adults £3 concessions. Result 916 attendance. The last home gate was 791...and that was a Saturday.

Yep and they had a beer festival on. They also have a regular skittles night on a Monday as well so may have been inflated with that! You know for a fact that Histon would not have taken any fans!

What are you suggesting......we hold the next midweek match at 7am to coinide with the Market mornings?

Course I am not suggesting that....... My point was that Worcester utilise a Monday evening kick off with a beer festival when they have the regular skittles league so they can maximise income not just from the football but with the bar.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am

SID SNOT wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

"An ostrich with its head in the sand closes his eyes and sees what he wants to see - it doesn't make it reality." - Andy Mitchell, 2012.

You'd do the club, its fans, the Swan's and TRUST many more favours by not agreeing with everything that happens - the people of TRUST have vast experience and knowledge of the non-league circuit, the Swan's don't have the benefit of that experience - TRUST need to have enough backbone to tell the club where they're going wrong.

I celebrate every game we play, Andy....win, lose or draw. We still have a club to support.
I believe the people dear to this club, think the same.

Bob, you seem to be obsessed by the fact that the club was close to extinction nearly 12 months ago, but a hell of a lot of water has passed under the bridge since. You can't even compare the current set up and expectation to how is was with no budget under Ken Rae with Matt Gardner/Simon Redhead in charge. We expected to lose and get relegated, and no one was that bothered when we did. Through a massive slice of fortune Chris Swan decided to invest in the club, clear the debts, improve the facilities and had a vision 'to have Redditch in the Conference' in 5 years. Fortunately we then had a totally different situation on our hands, and some of us expect to be competing certainly with most other clubs in this league, bar a few of the big spenders. I would suggest that our budget won't be the biggest in the league, but certainly won't be the smallest, with view to the £1600 a week being banded around. Hyde is p1ssing this up the wall and signing a load of sub standard loan players, bar Connor Deards who he obviously got lucky with. Look at some of the players Gardner bought in through his network with a fraction of the budget Jordon Fitzpatrick, Matt Smith, Lee Ayres, Joe Hull, Nick Bussey all of which are a dam site better than anyone bought to the club by Hyde. We will get relegated with Hyde in charge, fact. If we bought someone in now with a decent network in the local area and gave them the same budget I have no doubt we would stop up comfortably.

Paul West to work with Hyde, simples. Local lad, knows the league and did fairly well on an average budget. No brainier for me
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:24 am

Ah, but would he come to take a secondaty role?
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 am

Yes, and what if Hyde won't work with West?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:53 am

fingers wrote:WOW!

Sooooo many holes in your argument Steve - I wish I had time to run through them all now, but unfortunately I have a Law assignment due - I will return to this topic though...

I'll leave you with one though for now - have you considered why there are only 7-8 individuals actively involved with TRUST? One thing you are right on, we certainly have different visions on what TRUST is/should be.

And as for the player marks - Jakab missed 5 sitters - he was lucky to get that 8! Laughing

I think my vision of what TRUST should be is perfectly aligned with your vision....I was your biggest advocate.
The reality is somewhat different...especially with the very limited resources who were prepared to put words into action.

Jakob scored the perfect hatrick that day...left, right and header...and you gave him 8?! 5-1 win away from home?

I suppose that's the difference, my perspective is more positive...? Senile

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:02 am

Mrs Moor wrote:I did suggest some time ago that the club would benefit from using people like Rowly & Leethall and was universally shot down or insulted. If the club has people with a vast knowledge of players local to the club who they believe are of a suitable standard then why not get them along and let Hyde have a look, a player like Troy Deeney was playing in MFC2 but someone took a gamble.

I know the players are there but if you insist on telephone loan transfers and selecting players because they come from club’s higher in the pyramid and that’s your only criteria then what can you expect. I mentioned the other day you have loaned out a fantastic defender only to replace him with another loan player who I am told is not as good as the guy that belongs to you and you farmed out. Recent results would seem to make my point for me.

If you care about the club you should not just base your judgment on results you should look at the structure that has been built around the team, does it look as though the current management are taking the team in the right direction, patience should be practiced but only if you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

There are some good players lower down and you can see the likes of Nuneaton signing Wes York from Anstey who has slotted into their 1st team at BSN level and scored goals. Maybe young and raw but is unfazed and Hyde being a coach can really work with him to improve somebody similar for the good of the club and individual. Anthony Malbon from Newcastle to Kiddy, scored goals for fun at Evostick Northern South.

Lee Chilton who we were after earlier in the season has moved down a level from Halesowen to Tividale, good player who can make things happen. Personally having seen Tivvy twice this season I would be scouting them and looking at there players, young, hungry, committed, good footballers who are exactly the type of players you would want at a club.

I am sorry but I cannot accept the amount of loan players we keep having, another Sam Atkins joining Jake Jones in midfield, where is the consistency, team spirt, commardiary etc? Doesn't work with loan players I am afraid unless they are there for the season. The constant chopping and changing of players is frightening.

Last edited by Leethall on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:07 am

rawlings09 wrote:Yes, and what if Hyde won't work with West?

Good answer and you may be right! I was suggesting as the owner of the club and having an experienced manager it would be beneficial for his learning experience. Maybe Mr Swan can't see what is going on? If he did he may think that this would be a good idea.

Westy had Micky Brennan help him at Evesham when he started, somebody with managerial experience who helped him learn in his role. Just a view and would probably never happen but I think there is real benefit in it as it would help Hydey a great deal with managing at this level.

Look what Mickey Moore learnt from the late Bob Faulkner at Solihoof.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 am

SID SNOT wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

"An ostrich with its head in the sand closes his eyes and sees what he wants to see - it doesn't make it reality." - Andy Mitchell, 2012.

You'd do the club, its fans, the Swan's and TRUST many more favours by not agreeing with everything that happens - the people of TRUST have vast experience and knowledge of the non-league circuit, the Swan's don't have the benefit of that experience - TRUST need to have enough backbone to tell the club where they're going wrong.

I celebrate every game we play, Andy....win, lose or draw. We still have a club to support.

Bob, you seem to be obsessed by the fact that the club was close to extinction nearly 12 months ago, but a hell of a lot of water has passed under the bridge since. You can't even compare the current set up and expectation to how is was with no budget under Ken Rae with Matt Gardner/Simon Redhead in charge. We expected to lose and get relegated, and no one was that bothered when we did. Through a massive slice of fortune Chris Swan decided to invest in the club, clear the debts, improve the facilities and had a vision 'to have Redditch in the Conference' in 5 years. Fortunately we then had a totally different situation on our hands, and some of us expect to be competing certainly with most other clubs in this league, bar a few of the big spenders. I would suggest that our budget won't be the biggest in the league, but certainly won't be the smallest, with view to the £1600 a week being banded around. Hyde is p1ssing this up the wall and signing a load of sub standard loan players, bar Connor Deards who he obviously got lucky with. Look at some of the players Gardner bought in through his network with a fraction of the budget Jordon Fitzpatrick, Matt Smith, Lee Ayres, Joe Hull, Nick Bussey all of which are a dam site better than anyone bought to the club by Hyde. We will get relegated with Hyde in charge, fact. If we bought someone in now with a decent network in the local area and gave them the same budget I have no doubt we would stop up comfortably.

Sid...I respect your views and maybe I'm wrong.
My view is looking at the whole situation of the club.
My day job is going to low performing factories and helping them to implement structure, process and discipline...to turn loss making into profit.

Some people don't like it and leave...some people embrace the change and make the difference.
I also know that this process takes a lot of time....and is not all about the results in the 1st 3 months.

I am not obsessed with on-field issues as they pale into insignificance compared to the off-field issues that you say I am obsessed with.
Maybe you are right....but you have no on-field activity without the off-field activity being in place.
Maybe you liked the Rod Brown 'successful years'.....this started the rapid decline...promising what was not reality.

Maybe my perspective will change after a full pre-season under Mr Hyde, his players, his way....then he can be held more accountable.

Everyone is criticizing Mr Swan for not changing the manager....after criticizing him for changing the previous manager too soon?

I'm confused....

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:

Sid...I respect your views and maybe I'm wrong.
My view is looking at the whole situation of the club.
My day job is going to low performing factories and helping them to implement structure, process and discipline...to turn loss making into profit.

Some people don't like it and leave...some people embrace the change and make the difference.
I also know that this process takes a lot of time....and is not all about the results in the 1st 3 months.

I am not obsessed with on-field issues as they pale into insignificance compared to the off-field issues that you say I am obsessed with.
Maybe you are right....but you have no on-field activity without the off-field activity being in place.
Maybe you liked the Rod Brown 'successful years'.....this started the rapid decline...promising what was not reality.

Maybe my perspective will change after a full pre-season under Mr Hyde, his players, his way....then he can be held more accountable.

Everyone is criticizing Mr Swan for not changing the manager....after criticizing him for changing the previous manager too soon?I'm confused....

So I take it you didn't enjoy the Rod Brown years?

I see very few people criticising Mr Swan, merely offering opinions on the teams performance. Some are critical of the manger and some want him removed.

You point blankly refuse to say anything negative about the club reagardless of what happens. I sympathise and understand it may be difficult for you to be critical of a business associate or his dealings. However, please understand that those without such links may hold more dispassionate views.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 pm

The ‘Rod Brown Years’ almost killed our club. I could see it coming back then. Indeed, I’m sure we all could. But back then, we all turned a blind eye to the mismanagement of our club because we were doing well.

The Rod Brown years go perfectly hand in hand with the Labour Government years. They both liked spending money that they didn’t have. It seemed good at the time but the ‘boom period’ was all built on credit. Eventually, you have to pay back what you can’t afford to. We’ve all been paying for it ever since.

Yes it was fun under Brown, but it was only ever going to end in complete disaster.

Yes, we can’t live in the past, but we shouldn’t forget about the past either. I think Mr. Swan has severely underestimated how difficult it would be to run Redditch United. But he has had less than a year to do so. I can only hope that he is not too dismayed after last nights attendance. He certainly has a real challenge on his hands to turn our club around.

Even if we do get relegated (I don’t think we will), the club will be in a far healthier state than it has been anytime in the last 20+ years.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:41 pm

del boy wrote:The ‘Rod Brown Years’ almost killed our club. I could see it coming back then. Indeed, I’m sure we all could. But back then, we all turned a blind eye to the mismanagement of our club because we were doing well.

The Rod Brown years go perfectly hand in hand with the Labour Government years. They both liked spending money that they didn’t have. It seemed good at the time but the ‘boom period’ was all built on credit. Eventually, you have to pay back what you can’t afford to. We’ve all been paying for it ever since.

Yes it was fun under Brown, but it was only ever going to end in complete disaster.

Yes, we can’t live in the past, but we shouldn’t forget about the past either. I think Mr. Swan has severely underestimated how difficult it would be to run Redditch United. But he has had less than a year to do so. I can only hope that he is not too dismayed after last nights attendance. He certainly has a real challenge on his hands to turn our club around.

Even if we do get relegated (I don’t think we will), the club will be in a far healthier state than it has been anytime in the last 20+ years.

The Labour years which saw a minimum wage for the first time in this country. A minimum wage that was vociferously opposed by the Tories. How soon people forget what life was like in the eighties and nineties with crumbling schools and hospitals. Patients dying on hospital trolleys in corridors because there were no beds available. Interest rates rates at 15% and hundreds of thousands of homes repossessed. The community charge, the Exchange Rate Mechanism. If the Tories were so great then why was there such euphoria when labour won in '97? If Labour were so bad then why was there no such euphoria when Labour left office? Labour were far from perfect but this country is a better place for them being in government.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm

So I take it you didn't enjoy the Rod Brown years? I see very few people criticising Mr Swan, merely offering opinions on the teams performance. Some are critical of the manger and some want him removed. You point blankly refuse to say anything negative about the club reagardless of what happens. I sympathise and understand it may be difficult for you to be critical of a business associate or his dealings. However, please understand that those without such links may hold more dispassionate views.

Of course the 'succesful' years were great times...but the lessons learnt have been very painful for all involved and must never be repeated.

Mr Sockett was appointed early doors..he trialled and signed numerous players before and during pre-season.
I think it is only reasonable to allow Mr Hyde the time to build his own squad...In October, you are squabbling around for everyones waiffs and strays...relying on loanees or mercenaries...exactly where we are today.

I still believe Mr Hyde will make a great manager for the Reds....maybe I will be proven wrong, but we have got some pretty good results against teams at the top of the Division... which is much more than just a fluke.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:07 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:
del boy wrote:The ‘Rod Brown Years’ almost killed our club. I could see it coming back then. Indeed, I’m sure we all could. But back then, we all turned a blind eye to the mismanagement of our club because we were doing well.

The Labour years which saw a minimum wage for the first time in this country. A minimum wage that was vociferously opposed by the Tories. How soon people forget what life was like in the eighties and nineties with crumbling schools and hospitals. Patients dying on hospital trolleys in corridors because there were no beds available. Interest rates rates at 15% and hundreds of thousands of homes repossessed. The community charge, the Exchange Rate Mechanism. If the Tories were so great then why was there such euphoria when labour won in '97? If Labour were so bad then why was there no such euphoria when Labour left office? Labour were far from perfect but this country is a better place for them being in government.

I don't know whether I ought to get involved in the political side of this discussion - I have a bit of a reputation, as Bob and others know. But, for what it's worth, I think you both make some good points. There were some very good things that the Labour government did between 1997 and 2010, to reverse the damage of the Thatcher/Major administration, and Mr Bonehead lists some of the highlights. But they also lacked boldness - if they had socialist principles, they should have paid for them with socialist policies, i.e. by taxing the rich more and redistributing that wealth to the poor, rather than by borrowing from the rich to fund government spending, stimulate the economy in an unsustainable fashion then leave the poor to foot the bill of the rich man's profit margins when the crunch finally came.

Blimey, the world looks different from the top of this soapbox.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote: How soon people forget what life was like in the eighties and nineties with crumbling schools and hospitals. Patients dying on hospital trolleys in corridors because there were no beds available. Interest rates rates at 15% and hundreds of thousands of homes repossessed.

Mr Bonehead..............How soon we forget,

Well we won't be forgetting New Labour and the Blair / Brown years for a very long time Head against wall

I could spend hours ripping your point to bits, but lifes too short

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8408774/Labour-left-taxpayer-60billion-bill-for-new-hospitals.html

No more boom and bust ................ Crying with laughter Crying with laughter

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:46 pm

I remember the Labour government of the 70's...general strikes, no electricity, no gas...great times?

Then I remember Mrs Thatcher's capitalism dream...work hard and get the rewards...

Then came Blairs social system....don't have to work, bleed the system and go on Jeremy Kyle..

Senile vive le revolution!

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I remember the Labour government of the 70's...general strikes, no electricity, no gas...great times?

There were no strikes or the 3 day week during the Heath (Tory) government of the early 70's and none during the Thatcher (Tory) government of the 80's then???

Bob Marley wrote:
Then I remember Mrs Thatcher's capitalism dream...work hard and get the rewards...

Or, work hard and then get shafted for being a pawn in her war against the unions!!!

Bob Marley wrote:Then came Blairs social system....don't have to work, bleed the system and go on Jeremy Kyle..

You would think that more people would've been on the dole then, wasn't unemployment down!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbddqXib814

Last edited by allotmentender on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add a quality tune ;-))
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 am

Bob Marley wrote:Then I remember Mrs Thatcher's capitalism dream...work hard and get the rewards...

My dad also remembers Mrs Thatcher's capitalism dream...work hard and get made redundant four times while she was PM. 84-hour weeks for 3 months while the bosses sit on their arses, then get laid off at the end of it; companies failing during the "Lawson boom"; doesn't sound like a great dream to me.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:15 am

I remember 3.5 milion unemployed (of which I was one!), riots in Toxteth, Brixton etc, overuse of force during the miners' strike, councils being forced to sell housing stock and then being prevented from using the money so raised, the Poll Tax and subsequent riots, the disaffected youth - need I go on?

Dream, Steve? No, an absolute nightmare for the "poor bloody infantry" of the community and all so that a certain lady could follow her idealistic agenda!

Last edited by arsene on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and punctuation!)
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4BCUWopQQ4

Can play it at her state funeral Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 am

arsene wrote:I remember 3.5 milion unemployed (of which I was one!), riots in Toxteth, Brixton etc, overuse of force during the miners' strike, councils being forced to sell housing stock and then being prevented from using the money so raised, the Poll Tax and subsequent riots, the disaffected youth - need I go on?

Dream, Steve? No, an absolute nightmare for the "poor bloody infantry" of the community and all so that a certain lady could follow her idealistic agenda!

3.5 MILLION unemployed, perhaps they should have tried the New Labour spin and cheated with the figures. They could have put 2 million on disability and brought it down to 1.5 million ......... Crying with laughter

Bit of a one sided argument chaps, Thatcher was so respected by the Russians during the cold war she was nicknamed the Iron Lady sit back for a moment and try to imagine an Iron Blair and now the party of the working classes is led by Mr Ed who has never had to work in his life and looks as though he should be delivering my papers after a hard day at school.

Thatcher pushed through the legislation that lifted millions from poverty and raised the standards of the working class with the right to buy scheme, 13 years of New Labour and the worst record in the history of house building, council or otherwise and when they did build something it was on tick despite the best economic climate in donkey’s years.

Thatcher smashed the National Front and ended the rise of fascism sadly under the New Labour policy of "immigration for votes" the BNP actually won elections in Britain and at one point it looked as though we may get our first fascist MP.

This was the Labour party who saw Longbridge destroyed for the sake of 100 million and happily waved bye bye to six thousand local working class jobs while pumping billions into the banks in order to prop up the bankers and the upper classes. New Labour abandonded the working classes in order to pander to middle England and power.

Just for the record it was Labour who began selling off council houses in the 60’s Thatcher just made it easier for everyone with her 80’s legislation.

13 year of Labour, nothing and then…………………

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/features/features/9436974.York_gets_first_council_homes_in_20_years/

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Thatcher smashed the National Front and ended the rise of fascism sadly under the New Labour policy of "immigration for votes" the BNP actually won elections in Britain and at one point it looked as though we may get our first fascist MP.

That's because they had no need to vote/support the NF, they had Thatcher!!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next