Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds

+12
redditch born
solihull red
Mrs Moor
Terrace Guy
Leethall
del boy
in2thevalley
Tommo
porrohman
Trigger15
Bob Marley
RUFC
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds Empty Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds

Post  RUFC Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 am

Redditch United Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Birmingham born Lee Hendrie who brings with him a wealth of experience from the highest level. Lee, previously with Kidderminster, joins the Club on a non-contract basis for the remainder of the 2011/12 season. His vast knowledge and experience within the game will ensure that the REDs make the most of the last 6 matches of the season.

Manager Graham Hyde comments:

“It will be great to have such experience playing alongside some of your young up and coming talent. Lee is a huge asset to the Club and I hope that the fans are there in force to welcome him to at our next home game against Evesham on Saturday 7th April – kick off 3pm.”

The Birmingham born, 34 year old midfielder (older brother of current RED’s player Stuart and also son of former RED’s manager, Paul) spent 14 years at Aston Villa where he made 251 appearances, scoring 21 goals.

Lee has represented his country on 13 occasions turning out for the England U21s 12 times and earning one full cap for England senior side in 1998 against the Czech Republic.

Lee also lists Stoke City, Sheffield Utd, Leicester City and Derby County amongst his former clubs along with a short spell abroad at Bandung in the Liga Primer Indonesia (Indonesian Premier League) where he became the first English player to play in that league.

Lee goes straight into the squad this Saturday (March 31st) for the trip to Hitchin Town in what promises to be a closely fought game.[img]Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds 01036210[/img]

RUFC
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds Empty Re: Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:11 am

Not too sure about this......but maybe the missing 'head' we need.

Reds player....so 100% support from me!

See you Saturday Cool
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds Empty Re: Lee Hendrie Signs for the Mighty Reds

Post  Trigger15 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 am

WOW

Rumour has it he was picking up in excess of £350 at Chasetown and its also rumoured he was released by Kiddy as he was not justifying his £600 a week wages.

Mrs Moor will have a field day with this Laughing

Trigger15
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:30 am

No judgement from me until I see him. Played off the front man off Kiddy so presume he'll do the same here. Jimmy Deabill must be delighted, it'll make a change to have a player in his team in the same postcode as him on the pitch for a change.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:32 am

Being an ex villa fan im well excited about this. I know the majority of non villa fans seem to be anti Lee Hendrie for different reasons. But I agree he is a reds player now, so hopefully everyone gets 100% behind him and rest of the team. It might work it might not, but I cant imagine it making us any worse than some performances this season
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 am

porrohman wrote:No judgement from me until I see him. Played off the front man off Kiddy so presume he'll do the same here. Jimmy Deabill must be delighted, it'll make a change to have a player in his team in the same postcode as him on the pitch for a change.

Does this mean Tommy afro is safe. It will be like all my christmas and b'days in one if these two are on the pitch at same time Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 am

WOW! if this is the case then it is a very interesting signing! It will make the midfield a bit tasty with his brother and the legend afro . We need some one of his experience especially how tight it is at the bottom.

His knowledge etc will be vital and maybe the difference between staying up or going down.

Looking forward to saturday.Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 am

I can't see how he can not make a positive impact at this level, so it looks like a good signing for me.

No doubt he isn't cheap, so I'm guessing that his wages will be paid for above and beyond our playing budget. Still, if it's only for the short term and makes the difference between staying at this level or relegation, then it will be money well spent by the club.

It's also a good bit of publicity for the club. It won't make a massive difference to our crowds, but I'm sure it will attract a few more fans that otherwise might not bother.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Reported £400 a week and my personal view? What is the point of signing a player like this when you play hoofball? The ball will just bypass him as only the right back can play a short pass.

We are obviously doing a Solihoof and throwing money at the side to try and save us from relegation. I would have much rather have seen a striker signed, biggest mistake recently was releasing Berwick, by all accounts the Chairman cut the budget but has obviously decided to push the boat out hoping it pays off with more people through the gate.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Very well timed. One of my Villa supporting mates who hasnt been to the reds for years thanks to dodgy internet footy channels beaming prem matches has suddenly taken an interest again. Lets get the Evesham match advertised, get the disillusioned villa fans down (and there are many following mcleish's arrival) and hope the lads can put on a performance to get them returning!

I smell opportunity...
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:04 am

This is so funny and destroys the myth that Swan was ever working to a strict budget v income business plan, I expect Steve to post an apology and then perhaps throw some criticism Swans way considering his very public contempt of this sort of thing. Yet again the tripe he has been posting about solid foundations has been found wanting and this just smacks of very poor judgment from both the owner and the manager.

I have to be careful what I post but Lee Hendrie is a washed up has been who is not a very nice person and I can’t see anybody getting too excited about watching him play further more I can’t see him putting too many on the gate as most people know his history and would rather walk the other way. Someone did tell me the Circus was in town over your way at least you have now found genuine competition.

Leethall wrote:We are obviously doing a Solihoof and throwing money at the side to try and save us from relegation.

You have been throwing money at the side for about three months but at least this latest move will show how out of touch Swan and Hyde are from football at this level, you could have got a very good player for that money and not made the club a laughing stock. I don’t recall the Moors throwing money at a relegation fight Leethall perhaps you could give me some details, most of our big money players have been released as you well know but at least when we sign a player we sign a player.

Head against wall

Last edited by Mrs Moor on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 am

Mrs Moor wrote:

Leethall wrote:We are obviously doing a Solihoof and throwing money at the side to try and save us from relegation.

You have been throwing money at the side for about three months but at least this latest move will show how out of touch Swan and Hyde are from football at this level, you could have got a very good player for that money and not made the club a laughing stock. I don’t recall the Moors throwing money at a relegation fight Leethall perhaps you could give me some details, most of our big money players have been released as you well know but at least when we sign a player we sign a player.

A knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork
That's the way we spell New York

Head against wall

Yes been doing it all season, 8 points above Vauxhall and signing Byfield? Added to the players brought in over the season like Hinton, Blackwood, Spencer, Pierpoint, Walker etc who obviously all play for the love of the game. Common Robin as secretary you know how much you are paying out, let's just admit that Solihoof do the usual as by Xmas you are usually in the mix for relegation and top up the budget.

Maybe you should take moor interest down at Solihull, you are obviously quite good at this as the old school Redditch were also guilty of paying out extortionate wages for average people and you were involved back then as secretary? Yes/No? Head against wall

It looks like Ian Childs has put his hand in his pocket this season again even though he has apparently walked away from the club?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:23 am

Leethall I do take an interest in what is happening at the Moors, perhaps you should try it yourself. A number of the players you mentioned have left the club, last season we were looking at the play offs and this season relegation has NEVER been on the agenda. I said from day one that although unhappy with the first seven results the performances warranted extra time for the manager and this has been proven, you on the other were all over the place and are now in a far worse position now than ever before.

Why do you assume the Moors have no money, please explain.

I would also point out that I am not against Swan spending money but the signing of Hendrie is a clear example of his naivety, has he been pulling his weight at his last three clubs, it seems he was only at Chasetown 5 minutes. I know for a fact the signing and the money being offered has already angered on of your better players and does little or nothing for team moral at a time when everyone should be pulling in the same direction.

I mock the signing not for the money but because of the individual and for the fact it makes our friend Steve look a complete PLONKER and on the eve of his big return, he really must be gutted. SOLID FOUNDATION, Steve…….. Hendrie is about as solid as an active volcano.

This move just underlines every point I have been trying to make, I still think you will stay up but my god what a shambles behind the scenes.

As for the Moors we have had a fantastic season, great FA Cup run etc Cup Final at the Hawthorns in a few weeks and if we had not got off to such a poor start we would have been in the play offs. We have recently beaten Hyde and Nuneaton and things really do look positive for next season, a SOLID FOUNDATION one could argue.

Leethall your better than this so please don’t post such rubbish, we lost Bob after 25 years and it was never going to be an easy transition but I have always been happy with the way things are taking shape. You will struggle to find an unhappy Moors supporter the same can’t be said about Redditch.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  solihull red Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

Could not agree more with Mrs Moors this season has been a roller coaster but all the fans are united behind Marcus he has given 100% to the club and the fans have backed him.
Even when the going was hard for Marcus after the first seven games without a win, he took the time and trouble to explain to the fans who took the trouble to ask him he explained his point of view and gave the fans hope,they in reply supported him and have been rewarded with some very good performances.
Dont forget Marcus started the season looking after the youth team before Micky Moore left for Mansfied so it was a big step to take over the first team without preseason training.
I am pleased that Lee is joining you as he is a local lad who can put good perfomances in the final few games left to give the fans who have not had much to shout about this season some hope that all is not lost.
you should be higher up the table but no team have a right to be top, just look at AFC Telford who are finding it hard in the conference after being a big fish in a small pool for a number of years
Good luck tomorrow.

solihull red
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

What a waist of money!!!!!!!

number 1 hes a first class knob!!!!!!

number 2 hes washed up a shadow of the player he once was!!!!!!

number 3 hes got no bottle seen him play trust me he would be the last person you would want watching your back in a fight!!!!!!

having said that I for one applaud the club for trying to do something about our midfield it needs it, I hope im made to eat my words on him time will tell
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

Mrs Moor wrote:Leethall I do take an interest in what is happening at the Moors, perhaps you should try it yourself. A number of the players you mentioned have left the club, last season we were looking at the play offs and this season relegation has NEVER been on the agenda. I said from day one that although unhappy with the first seven results the performances warranted extra time for the manager and this has been proven, you on the other were all over the place and are now in a far worse position now than ever before.

Why do you assume the Moors have no money, please explain.

I would also point out that I am not against Swan spending money but the signing of Hendrie is a clear example of his naivety, has he been pulling his weight at his last three clubs, it seems he was only at Chasetown 5 minutes. I know for a fact the signing and the money being offered has already angered on of your better players and does little or nothing for team moral at a time when everyone should be pulling in the same direction.

I mock the signing not for the money but because of the individual and for the fact it makes our friend Steve look a complete PLONKER and on the eve of his big return, he really must be gutted. SOLID FOUNDATION, Steve…….. Hendrie is about as solid as an active volcano.

This move just underlines every point I have been trying to make, I still think you will stay up but my god what a shambles behind the scenes.

As for the Moors we have had a fantastic season, great FA Cup run etc Cup Final at the Hawthorns in a few weeks and if we had not got off to such a poor start we would have been in the play offs. We have recently beaten Hyde and Nuneaton and things really do look positive for next season, a SOLID FOUNDATION one could argue.

Leethall your better than this so please don’t post such rubbish, we lost Bob after 25 years and it was never going to be an easy transition but I have always been happy with the way things are taking shape. You will struggle to find an unhappy Moors supporter the same can’t be said about Redditch.

I don't know everything that is happening there but I take an interest in no league football. I did not say Solihoof had no money, I am saying that you keep harping on about how much is being spent at Redditch when your team are spending a fair whack as well. Easily £3-4k a week with the squad you have. How isn't funded? Obviously not by the crowds you get where you have an average of 294 of which this is in the main due to the opposition you play against (eg well supported clubs like Halifax, Nuneaton etc).

I have never stated that your supporters are unhappy, yes it was a tragic loss with Bob and you have done ok since but your league position is not really reflective of a good season with the players you have signed and the money spent. I would class it as failure, the Bham Senior Cup is treated by the clubs who enter it with a lack of respect, yes getting to the final should be applauded but not like it used to be a few years ago.

You may think Solihoof are on a solid foundation, maybe they are but just remember the mistakes other clubs are making whilst you pay out on players on a 294 average crowd, sustainable? You are welcome to explain how?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am

redditch born wrote:What a waist of money!!!!!!!

number 1 hes a first class knob!!!!!!

number 2 hes washed up a shadow of the player he once was!!!!!!

number 3 hes got no bottle seen him play trust me he would be the last person you would want watching your back in a fight!!!!!!

having said that I for one applaud the club for trying to do something about our midfield it needs it, I hope im made to eat my words on him time will tell

I know you have a good apetite RB but Im afraid I doubt you'll be made to eat your words...
4th local non league club of the season....
Bombed from the other 3 all for not being good enough and over rated and over paid....
Its a ridiculous signing, always has been always will be....
The Ringmaster is wobbling from plan to plan, grasping straws, and as any decent circus knows when all goes gloomy....

BRING ON THE CLOWNS!!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:03 am

I wasn't too sure about this signing but from watching Lee's 1st 2 games, what a difference he has bought to the team and the confidence of the squad in general.

He was great sport on the coach to Hitchen and again last night in the bar after the game.

Loved his goal celebration with the Cedar Road and the passion on his face was terrific....

I was wrong about him....anyone else willing to agree?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:13 am

Bob Marley wrote:I wasn't too sure about this signing but from watching Lee's 1st 2 games, what a difference he has bought to the team and the confidence of the squad in general.

He was great sport on the coach to Hitchen and again last night in the bar after the game.

Loved his goal celebration with the Cedar Road and the passion on his face was terrific....

So how does paying one player on an alleged £400.00 a game fit in with your solid foundation budget to crowd theory. You can't keep ignoring your own posts, its one thing or another, which is it Head against wall

Your posts are like a dog chasing his tail, you are all over the place.

You were playing a really poor side how do you expect an ex England player to look against rubbish like that, as for your "confidence to the squad" theory do you really think that's true.

I think more than a few of the team are just a little miffed but perhaps you know better than me, lets face it he's playing for you because you are the only horse in town.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am

[quote="Mrs Moor"]
Bob Marley wrote:I wasn't too sure about this signing but from watching Lee's 1st 2 games, what a difference he has bought to the team and the confidence of the squad in general.

So how does paying one player on an alleged £400.00 a game fit in with your solid foundation budget to crowd theory. You can't keep ignoring your own posts, its one thing or another, which is it Head against wall

Your posts are like a dog chasing his tail, you are all over the place.

Bloody hell MM, are you stalking me?
You really give the creeps.....are you allowed out after curfew?

Alleged....you really make me laugh you muppet.

Why your continued interest in our club? Roll over to the Moor Green forum and comment on your great result at General Motors.

At least you are entertaining if not a little wierd....glad your not one of my neighbors. cheers
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 am

Im glad the fans that have attended Lee's 2 games have decided to back him and I think he has been good on and off the pitch. I was really shocked to see him get on the coach at Hitchin, fair play to him for that. And fair play to him having to sit right in the middle of us lot (think justin was great with him).

The players I have spoke to said they were buzzing about the signing. I think we forget how young our team is, I can imagine them all being happy playing with a player with his credentials. He was involved in all goal celebrations and team spirit seemed great.

Plus, loads of the crowd were there to see him yesterday so I see signing him as a success Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 am

+1
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Cant fault his commitment. Top guy. Came on the coach to Hitchin, enjoyed the banter, I thinked he enjoyed

Steve's joke. Thought he was superb yesterday on and off the field. Having his photo and signing autographs

in the bar with fans was fantastic to see.

His goal yesterday albeit fortuitus was a joy to see especially seeing Hydeybeing swamped by the team as we

celebrated the second goal.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:29 pm

After just 2 games, 1 defeat and 1 win against an awful Evesham side, I'd like to wait a little longer to say I may of been wrong if I feel I am. Hope that's ok with the knee jerkers here.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:09 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:After just 2 games, 1 defeat and 1 win against an awful Evesham side, I'd like to wait a little longer to say I may of been wrong if I feel I am. Hope that's ok with the knee jerkers here.

Spot on, I reserve judgement until after seeing how Lee Hendrie and the team do against 2 of the better sides in Stourbridge & Oxford City.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next