Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

+11
rawlings09
in2thevalley
Bob Marley
Tommo
Mrs Moor
Hitchin_Brian
mattim
Tim_S
porrohman
Leethall
fingers
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock Empty We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

Post  fingers Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:53 am

I think we may get a few answers as to who will be safe in the Southern Prem today.

12 Hitchin Town 36 11 12 13 47 47 0 45
13 Frome Town 35 11 12 12 38 41 -3 45
14 Arlesey Town 36 11 10 15 38 44 -6 43
15 Weymouth 35 12 7 16 48 60 -12 43
16 Bashley 36 11 10 15 49 66 -17 43
17 Banbury United 36 11 8 17 46 53 -7 41
18 Redditch United 36 11 8 17 35 45 -10 41
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
19 Evesham United 36 11 5 20 43 63 -20 38
20 Hemel Hemps 36 8 13 15 39 57 -18 37
21 Swindon S 36 9 9 18 45 78 -33 36
22 Cirencester 36 6 9 21 34 63 -29 27

Hitchin v Redditch
Banbury v Frome
Weymouth v Arlesey
Bashley v Barwell
Evesham v Bedford (9th place, 49 pts, possibly not safe yet)
Hemel v Swindon

Loser of that last one is as good as down, a draw not much good to either.

If Evesham and Hemel win and Redditch and Banbury lose (far from impossible) then it will be a very tight run in.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock Empty Re: We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:32 am

Frome won with Bashley losing, Weymouth being beat by Arlesey with Evesham drawing.

Not really changed much other than Frome being pretty much safe.

Can't help but think the biggest issue we have is a lack of a striker and proven yet again.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock Empty Re: We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock

Post  porrohman Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 am

Berwick ***coughs***
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim_S Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Leethall wrote:Frome won with Bashley losing, Weymouth being beat by Arlesey with Evesham drawing.

Not really changed much other than Frome being pretty much safe.

Can't help but think the biggest issue we have is a lack of a striker and proven yet again.

I have just seen we have the best defensive record in the league away from home this season. But bottom of the goals scored table away from home.

Proof if any was needed that a lack of creativity/goals are costing us dearly this season.
Tim_S
Tim_S
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Hitchin fans forum says we are too good to go down on the evidence of today's display. Interested to hear from those of you who went. Also says we are the best fans the've had all season so well done to everyone. Gutted I couldn't go, sounds like a good performance all round, although disappointing result.

Not the end of the world though, Ciren lost and Evesham, Hemel and Swindon all drew. I reckon it may well all come down to next Saturday against Evesham and I fully intend to be there.

Interesting comments on the Solihoof forum. Mrs Moor comes on here to have a whinge at how Reds are run but their fans (what few they have) are going ape over the Darren Byfield signing and complaining the club don't know what ther're doing !

Feel free to come and give us your views Mrs Moor but get your own club sorted first !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Hitchin_Brian Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:10 pm

mattim wrote:Hitchin fans forum says we are too good to go down on the evidence of today's display.

Yep, we were all very impressed with Redditch.

It says it all when our keeper won our Man of the Match Award.

First half was end to end stuff. We could have been two down before we scored and had a purple patch for the last fifteen minutes of the first half where we scored twice, hit the post and the bar after a fine save by your keeper.

Second half Redditch were the better side and deserved a goal, although once you had scored we came back into it and the last twenty minutes was fairly even. A cross cum shot did hit the Hitchin bar late in the game.

Overall very impressed with your number 4 who ran the midfield and got stronger as the game went on. Your number 9 had a good first half up front.

As has already been said, your fans made plenty of noise throughout and were a good bunch, we are known as being very quiet at home and more vocal away from home.

Good luck for the rest of the season, if you play like that every week you will have more than enough to steer clear of the bottom sides.

Hitchin_Brian
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Was having a chat with one of the Bashley lads who knows his stuff today and I asked him for a view on Redditch - said he could see why they haven't scored many but shared the opinion that they will have more than enough to stay up - he said Bash were the better of two fairly poor sides on the day, but noted that Reds were resolute and they had to work for what they got from the game.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:51 pm

mattim wrote:Interesting comments on the Solihoof forum. Mrs Moor comes on here to have a whinge at how Reds are run but their fans (what few they have) are going ape over the Darren Byfield signing and complaining the club don't know what ther're doing !

Going Ape, really.

Darren was signed because he knows Marcus, he was never going to play and he is not being paid to play. As far as i am aware his country are based locally for the Olympic Games and that was the logic behind the move, nothing to do with playing for Moors this season. Perhaps the club are looking at a revenue option, has Swan made any attempt to speak to anyone about the chance of any Olympic revenue for Redditch or is he still working on the Car Boot. Who knows if they train at Damson Park it may well be good for the club and if Darren sticks around for next season all well and good.

I don't think i have ever had a whinge about Redditch spending money, i have just tried to let Steve know his Budget to Gate or Gate to Budget formula is simply not true and he is crediting Swan for something that is not happening. I would go as far as to say Two players probably now earn roughly the Sockett budget on their own.

I have pointed out that a lot of money is wasted on players who are not good enough to be paid at this level let alone have contracts and i have also said that huge amounts of money are wasted on players when better players could be attracted for the same money if only the Manager had more knowledge.

Having a Millionaire owner should allow a club a certain license to spend even if the said millionaires best years are behind him, that said it does help if the person spending the money is building and I’ll use Steve’s catchphrase a “SOLID FOUNDATION”.

With the best will in the world everyone well apart from Steve can see this is not the case, and that Hyde is out of his comfort zone. I hear training is fun.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 pm

you'll never beat Jake Bedford!
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 am

Great performance by the lads yesterday...what a great game to watch.
both sides got the ball down and played some great football...very impresssive.
Couldn't believe we were 2 down at HT...we deffo deserved a point.
Tommy Warmer was the best player on the park by a country mile...he never gave the ball away once.
Lee. Hendrie really surprised me...oozed class and was a step ahead of some of the guys...he will make a difference for sure.
Fans...sang from start to finish...BRILLIANT...
except result....top day all round
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 am

Dis-appointed not to get a point from the game.

Could not fault the effort and determination of the boys. I was pleasantly surprised by Lee Hendrie, who did show a touch of class. afro was fanstastic! must have covered every blade of grass on the pitch, I thought

Benbow played well and was unlucky when the Keeper clattered him when in on goal! ( Strange decision from

the ref to give a contested free kick 20 yards from the incident!)

The Reds fans were awesome, never stopped singing from start to finish. Im sure the boys appreciated the

songs.

Apart from the result,It was a great day (Thank you Steve)

Poor Tommo seeing his afro wig flying out the coach on the motorway thanks to Batesy!! We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock 1834 We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock 1834
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:34 am

Interesting set of results yesterday in the end - Hemel and Swindon drew with one another while Evesham got a 0-0 against Bedford despite Bedford having an outfield player in goal for about half the game - it could have been a lot worse for Redditch results wise.

Interesting stats in the Bashley programme - Evesham's draw stopped a four match losing streak, but they are winless in six, but Hemel have taken 11 points from their last six.

Banbury are the ones to watch - dropping like a stone - drew their last two after losing five on the belt - Weymouth lost their fourth in a row yesterday too.

As for remaining fixtures, Swindon and Hemel have tough run ins, making yesterday's draw look even more useless to both.

Redditch's clash with Evesham looks all the more vital when you consider that Matt Clarke's side host Cirencester on the Monday and travel to out-of-sorts Bashley (winless in six) the following Saturday.

Banbury have a mixed bag (Bedford A, Brackley H, Hitchin A, Leam H, Ciren A), Bash should be OK with the fixtures they have and Weymouth are far from safe - might pop along to their clash with Chesham on Tuesday.

Look out for Frome if they don't make themselves safe soon too - Oxford, Chesh and Stour are their last three games.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 am

in2thevalley wrote:Could not fault the effort and determination of the boys. I was pleasantly surprised by Lee Hendrie, who did show a touch of class. afro was fanstastic! must have covered every blade of grass on the pitch

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7304929.htm

I dunno might look good in a red shirt and cheaper to run than most of your players, that was Hydie on the Sears this morning.

You lot are so funny, you play your best most expensive side against a poor team, you lose and look like going down and you all come on here happy as larry.

I tell you what let's chat about which religation campaign we liked best, the one where Swan sat back an let it happen or the one where he broke the bank installing a Premier League Manager and a washed up England International.

I suppose if religation is your thing he's built a very "SOLID FOUNDATION" well within budget Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
mattim wrote:Interesting comments on the Solihoof forum. Mrs Moor comes on here to have a whinge at how Reds are run but their fans (what few they have) are going ape over the Darren Byfield signing and complaining the club don't know what ther're doing !

Going Ape, really.

Darren was signed because he knows Marcus, he was never going to play and he is not being paid to play. As far as i am aware his country are based locally for the Olympic Games and that was the logic behind the move, nothing to do with playing for Moors this season. Perhaps the club are looking at a revenue option, has Swan made any attempt to speak to anyone about the chance of any Olympic revenue for Redditch or is he still working on the Car Boot. Who knows if they train at Damson Park it may well be good for the club and if Darren sticks around for next season all well and good.

I don't think i have ever had a whinge about Redditch spending money, i have just tried to let Steve know his Budget to Gate or Gate to Budget formula is simply not true and he is crediting Swan for something that is not happening. I would go as far as to say Two players probably now earn roughly the Sockett budget on their own.

I have pointed out that a lot of money is wasted on players who are not good enough to be paid at this level let alone have contracts and i have also said that huge amounts of money are wasted on players when better players could be attracted for the same money if only the Manager had more knowledge.

Having a Millionaire owner should allow a club a certain license to spend even if the said millionaires best years are behind him, that said it does help if the person spending the money is building and I’ll use Steve’s catchphrase a “SOLID FOUNDATION”.

With the best will in the world everyone well apart from Steve can see this is not the case, and that Hyde is out of his comfort zone. I hear training is fun.
#

Interesting post Mrs M but I fear in your haste to reply you've sent it to the wrong forum, I mean, If I were you I would be telling all that Darren Byfield stuff to your own fans. I believe Solihull do have some fans and indeed do have a forum of sorts. It's never as interesting a read as this one though, so in a way I can understand why you're always on ours.

It's a free country so most of us don't mind you coming on here, in fact it's usually good for a laugh so please feel free to continue. However, avoid falling into the trap of believing we really care what you say.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 am

mattim wrote: However, avoid falling into the trap of believing we really care what you say.

If you don't care why are YOU posting about me in the first place Head against wall

I would worry about your own shambles before worring about me or the Moors and do you "really" want to talk about who is giving who a laugh.

SOLID FOUNDATION Rolling Eyes

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:35 am

Mrs M, I was merely doing you the courtesy of suggesting that Solihull fans may be more interested in what you have to say than we are. I really couldn't care less what goes on at Solihull.

I'm beginning to think that you need to talk to someone about what would appear to be your unhealthy obsession with another fooball club.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:45 am

mattim wrote:Mrs M, I was merely doing you the courtesy of suggesting that Solihull fans may be more interested in what you have to say than we are. I really couldn't care less what goes on at Solihull.

I'm beginning to think that you need to talk to someone about what would appear to be your unhealthy obsession with another fooball club.

Your the best fun in town by a country mile and i'm like Leethall i like to spend my time out and about.

Let's be honest for a moment the only thing that appears unhealthy is your Crowd to Budget or Budget to Crowd financial plan that Steve keeps banging on about.

Again if you don't care what goes on at Solihull why post about what goes on at Solihull Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 am

He misses Redditch United too much... He'd love to be involved again but the closest we'll let him is on the forum, where he can do no harm to the club Smile

I am worried about our run in, taking into account our record against the worst teams in the league, a part of me fears relegation! Back to back relegation wouldn't be good at all... but the fact we still have a club keeps 99% of us happy.

So all the money spent on solihull's budget has gone to very good use... looks like you'll finish mid table... yeah, definately money well spent! If you were in the play-offs then some may understand your slating of the budget, but the fact you're midtable, in one league higher than us, with a bigger budget than ours *probably, don't really care* almost makes you as bad as us? Wink

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
mattim wrote:Mrs M, I was merely doing you the courtesy of suggesting that Solihull fans may be more interested in what you have to say than we are. I really couldn't care less what goes on at Solihull.

Your the best fun in town by a country mile and i'm like Leethall i like to spend my time out and about.

Let's be honest for a moment the only thing that appears unhealthy is your Crowd to Budget or Budget to Crowd financial plan that Steve keeps banging on about.

Again if you don't care what goes on at Solihull why post about what goes on at Solihull We might know a lot more by 5 o'clock 111216

Mrs Moor, Just come out and admit it........ You are a Redditch United Fan.

HOWEVER

You are constantly on the forum condeming the mangers tactics and criticising the chairman for either not putting money in the club or spending money on players.

It appears that whatever decision is made, You will find something to criticise about. Tell me then WHAT

WOULD YOU DO to change the situation at Redditch. Its all vey well to castigate people, but unfortunately you

never have any sound explanations on this matter. I would like you to clarify, as to why, you are against

messrs Hyde and Swann and everything they do or try. Are you bitter, angry or frustrated, and do you lambast

the regime at the Boors on such a regular basis?
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:39 am

in2thevalley wrote:Tell me then WHAT WOULD YOU DO to change the situation at Redditch. Its all vey well to castigate people, but unfortunately you never have any sound explanations on this matter. I would like you to clarify, as to why, you are against messrs Hyde and Swann and everything they do or try.

The way I see it is ………………….

The initial plan was to build a side of local players who did not cost an arm or a leg and that clearly reflected the position the club found itself in. Players would be attracted to the club not for the money but for the quality on offer behind the scenes and the opportunity to shine at a higher standard of football. People were put in place to reflect the clubs position and on paper things looked well thought out. If you cast your mind back the club had quite a formidable structure in place one would almost have believed the Swans had read the Howard Wilkinson guide to football.

However a cancer was operating within the structure, a big time Charlie was unhappy at his lowly position away from first team affairs and began to work against that structure from within. He felt he could do so much better with his Premier League experience and slowly but surely all grassroots were removed from the football club and the rest is history. The club sank from an early top ten league position with promise to an almost fixed bottom six position with very little promise and a hit and hop strategy.

With the solid foundation and early structure removed the club were forced to increase the budget and go on a frantic alleged loan signing spending spree in order to halt the slide or cover up the basic inadequacies of the manager, take your pick.

I have always been in favour of spending money, Swan’s whole logic was to improve the club so dipping his hand into his own pocket would only seem fair especially after the mid – season price hike, which is unheard of within football and makes one wonder about who is running the clubs finances surely this could have waited until a new season. Or was this yet another desperate move to cover the Managers now spiraling outgoings.

This still failed to have the desired effect simply because the players signed on the whole were not good enough and telephone football is always fraught with danger, would you buy anything over the phone without taking a good look first.

Now as a poor last resort we have gone down the George Best, Gazza route, the club has managed to attract the local washed up has been with a string of poor decisions behind him in order to save their season. A truly pathetic move and a total waste of good money a sign of how clueless the club has now become clutching at any old straw on a wing and a prayer.

The club is on an expensive downward spiral there simply is no good news under Hyde because he is out of his comfort zone and frankly a little bizarre. You ask what I would do, well I would repair the damage for starters.

Hyde needs a sideways move into a position away from the first team, by now he surely knows that those who went before did not deserve the criticism he threw in their direction and one would hope to see a more understand figure in the future. I would get someone in with a history of understanding the league and who understands players at this level and I would move forward.

Swan needs to sort out the mess he has created and if it were a business it would be heading for insolvency because instead of attracting a growing support under Hyde the club has had the opposite effect. Time for Swan to stand up and be counted by showing the supporters he is serious about taking the club forward. If he does stick with Hyde then I suggest you will need a fourth budget increase for any success.

So you have asked what I would do, clearly I would ask Swan to stand up and be counted. You have now had two seasons of farce under his watch, it’s time he sorted himself out.

On the other hand some people think this season has built a SOLID FOUNDATION so you may agree with them, i notice after watching his first game (with the new superstar in place) someone has had very little to say about the Budget v Crowd subject and how signing a waster fits in with the status quo. Over to you Steve

Last edited by Mrs Moor on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 am

We haven't had two seasons under Swans watch.
I like watching hit and hop.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:55 am

Drumroll please, for Bob Marley's big response... Beer Cheers

You make some valid points, and i've read your post with interest... but i'd like to know how you get all this info from watching so little games?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:55 am

porrohman wrote:1.We haven't had two seasons under Swans watch.

He should have began sorting things out before this season began, instead he did nothing and then sacked the manager, a very good manager by the way.

porrohman wrote:2. I like watching hit and hop.

On the pitch maybe but behind the scenes at a club in your position.

Come on guy's give me a break, i know it's April fools day but do you all rate the Swan / Hyde partnership so highly.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:56 am

rawlings09 wrote:but i'd like to know how you get all this info from watching so little games?

The same place you get your players ..............Via the telephone

I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:10 am

This season has been a massive learning curve for Chris Swan, i don't care what people say, it's remarkable how he's turned the club round in 1 full season. You can't blame him for the first relegation atall, we were already dead and burried by the time he took over, then the 10 point deduction confirmed it.

I don't think any of us on here will say to Chris "Sack Graham, he's out of his depth and he'll drag us down because Mrs. Moor said so" I suggest you find an email adress or a telephone number and advise him...

We're all just fans at the end of the day.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum