Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2days game

+4
Leethall
del boy
lewism5964
Reds11
8 posters

Go down

2days game Empty 2days game

Post  Reds11 Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:50 am

Just like to say well done to all the lads 2day. Fantastic performance from everybody especially with 10 men. Liam McDonalds goal was brilliant defiantly a contender for goal of the season already. Keep up the work Simon and Kim.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

2days game Empty Re: 2days game

Post  lewism5964 Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:59 am

I can't comment on the first half as i only made it down at half time but the 2nd half was the most i've enjoyed a Reds game for a while. Considering we were down to 10 men we played brilliant and created stacks of chances. McDonald and Hendrie on the wings were fantastic and Deards continually chased down their defenders. Shame that Wren had that awful howler for Totton's late goal, still non the less a great result. Only other downside was another poor attendance and poorly promoted Non League Day.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Wonderful performance. I thoroughly enjoyed today’s game!

I’ll get my moan out of the way first. There were a lot of long balls and diagonal passes that were woefully inaccurate and that was rather frustrating to see. Yes, the weather was bad, but some of the passes were hopelessly misplaced.

Moan over, it was a superb performance from the lads. The sending off was a joke, I didn’t even think it was a free kick. It was a good, hard and fair tackle.

Today, I saw work rate, effort and commitment…something that has been lacking so far this season. At times, some of the movement, passing and build up play was superb. The weather conditions were horrendous so it was never going to be a classic, but it was thoroughly entertaining.

I have to admit, when Macdonald set himself to shoot, I did think ‘what the hell are you doing’!! It was a long, long way out!!! But wow, there is nothing better than seeing the ball swerve into the top corner from 35 yards out!

Yes, the crowd was low but it was no surprise considering what we have seen so far. If the team can string a run of results and decent performances together, people will come back.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:06 pm

lewism5964 wrote: Shame that Wren had that awful howler for Totton's late goal,

On a dry, sunny day I would agree with you.

But it was a hard, well hit, low shot that zipped off the surface. The conditions were awful today, more so for the goalkeepers! I don't think he should worry too much about that one getting past him.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Must say that performance was full of resolve. Asa and Gary Moran were absolutely brilliant throughout. The whole midfield were brilliant as well after Pricey was sent off by Howard Webb.

McDonald's goal although class was a massive clanger by the Totton keeper but I thought we deserved it today.

Was also great to see Kim Casey back to his jovial best on the touch line directing players, encouraging them and giving them a bollocking when required. He actually told a number of Reds players that they needed to do it for the team not themselves.

Concerned about the keeper though, he looks a little uncomfortable.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 pm

del boy wrote:
lewism5964 wrote: Shame that Wren had that awful howler for Totton's late goal,

On a dry, sunny day I would agree with you.

But it was a hard, well hit, low shot that zipped off the surface. The conditions were awful today, more so for the goalkeepers! I don't think he should worry too much about that one getting past him.

Considering I was stood in line with the shot he failed to save I will confirm it was a howler whether it was dry or wet. Poor goalkeeping
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

2days game Empty Re:2day's game

Post  Gidsi Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Best performance I've seen this year, particularly after last Saturday's let down. The first goal involved some lovely build up and it was great to see Jack on the scoresheet.

Re: the sending off. Sat in line with halfway I was well placed to see both cards. The first was harsh all right but Price left his foot dangling when he could have avoided contact. The second was a rash challenge - in midfield with no immediate danger and his side in front, it just wasn't very smart play Head against wall . I feared the worst for the second half but the 10 men were magnificent.

Liam's goal was a great piece of opportunism and Asa was a rock in defence all game but my man of the match was Conor Deards for his tireless running for the team in the second half. Really selfless and with plenty of strength & skill. He caused real problems for the Totton defence and limited their opportunities to build from the back with any composure.

Gidsi
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 am

Impressed by yesterdays performance, what ever was said after last weeks performance certainly worked. the whole team performane was first class with Charlton at the back quality and composure. Re the sending off, the first booking was harsh to say the least, but from where I was standing, why make a challenge like that knowing you are on a yellow card already? The ref had no option!

Deards I felt played magnificent, and ran himself to a standstill.Chased every thing down all afternoon..
I was worried like most people there , after the sending off. we would be bombarded by Totten but we showed a backbone and resilliance to cope with what they could throw at us.And at times it was very difficult to tell that we were down to ten men.

Yes the inclement certainly didnt help the cause, however its the same for both sides and in all I felt we deserved the victory. Up to the heady heights of 11th in the table. Very Happy

Disappointed in the attendance 190 when Bromsgrove attracted 309 for the game against RC Warwick.

Onwards and upwards.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  onlyme Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:41 am

Was in 2 minds to attend the game. But glad I did. Really enjoyed the game. Thought that Redditch played some neat free flowing football, which deserved the 3 points. Have no complaints about the sending off, crazy tackle . crowd was poor again, but if they keep wining them with luck things will improve.

onlyme
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:56 am

Tbh I was not disappointed with the crowd.Take into account the dire weather, the dire conditions and the (mostly) dire home form and I thought I was being optimistic when I predicted 185. On the other hand if we'd been playing like we did yesterday all season then yes the crowd was a disaster.

As has been said on here we need this type of performance much more consistently, especially in front of our own supporters. Combine that with the powers that be making the brave decision to reduce admission fees (£8 quid tops for adults) and a little more effort on the publicity/PR front and we would be in with a good chance of getting a few more through the gates

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:01 pm

The atmosphere on the Allotment end terrace was actually quite good considering the low crowd, obviously the good performance had a bearing on this but it was nice to see some smiles, as someone else has said previously, so far this season has been quite dull with a lack of motivation to get behind the team so hopefully if we can keep up the good performances this will change.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down