Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW Signings ????

+4
Leethall
del boy
Reds11
LathamDan
8 posters

Go down

NEW Signings ???? Empty NEW Signings ????

Post  LathamDan Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 am

Does anyone on here know of any other new recruits or previous seasons players who will be staying

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

NEW Signings ???? Empty Re: NEW Signings ????

Post  Reds11 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 am

In today's paper it said we have signed a player from burton and one from hednesford. Don't no them but supposed to be good young players. We've signed Patterson who I'm looking forward to seeing. Also Levi Jermaine brad and will have all agreed deals. It says he's in talks with some of last seasons squad but don't no who. I'm thinking with us having a low budget we'll be a young side. I'm looking forward to the season and that's a first for quite a few seasons.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:30 pm

I don't think it really matters who we sign at this stage. Signing a player doesn't mean that he will still be with us come August, unless we put them on a contract.

To be honest, I'm not feeling too optimistic. We are going to have a 'youth team' of 17-20 years olds, with no older, experienced heads for balance. I can predict nothing more than yet another relegation struggle. And the idea of paying £10 to watch the same as last year makes me wonder if I'll even bother. Sorry to be negative, but I honestly believe we'll have more of the same to look forward to.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:25 am

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 am

I agree we need experience but that costs money. Don't forget we had experienced players last season and look we're that got us. I think like ferguson said if your good enough age doesn't matter. Lets see them first before we judge if this keeper is better than platt then I'd be more than happy as I thought platt was a decent keeper. I'm not to sure who played left back but he's from burton so can't be to bad surely.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 am

We did not have experience last year in key positions in the team, keeper, centre half, centre mid and centre forward.

I am sorry but without having this we are going to be struggling from the off.

Bashley have cut their budget to almost nothing so we will be competing with them looking at these first 2 signings.  It does not wash that we have no budget.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 am

Will Richards re signing is good, one of the better platers for last years squad.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:29 am

I'm not saying we have no budget, I'm just using what Simon had said and what you hear around the ground. It's one of the lowest in the league and that's a fact everybody knows that. Asa charlatan was CB Liam and Hands played CM we had a very experienced fullback in Moran but yes we didn't have a forward so there was experience in the team. Simon also brought in Bennett and Munday so it had enough. Like I said experience cost sometimes more money than talent. We've signed to young players and you can't just say we'll struggle lol have you seen them play???? Are they better than last season??? I've not seen them so won't judge. But I'm sure if they wasn't Liam wouldn't bring them in.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22985491

Looks like Totton are gonna's.

What Simon has said and what is said around the ground could be true and could be wide of the mark!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:53 am

Leethall wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22985491

What Simon has said and what is said around the ground could be true and could be wide of the mark!
Ok so have we not got one of the lowest in the league??? If you've heard different then great. But speaking with people within the club they seem to think that Liam has a very low budget. If that is the case and its not his fault but I'm hoping these young players there are a few gems. As long as the team show passion and play good football rather than the rubbish we endured last season.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 am

Reds11 wrote:
Leethall wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22985491

Ok so have we not got one of the lowest in the league??? If you've heard different then great. But speaking with people within the club they seem to think that Liam has a very low budget. If that is the case and its not his fault but I'm hoping these young players there are a few gems. As long as the team show passion and play good football rather than the rubbish we endured last season.

I don't know our budget a d what other teams have but this usual we have the lowest budget in the league is just a smokescreen as nobody really knows what another clubs budget is. We had a decent budget the last few seasons which IMO has not been used as effectively as it could be with the players we had. This in part can be attributed to players not performing to their ability, poor signings, injuries etc.

I would like to see Liam succeed and good young players progress but we need a spine of experience starting with a keeper, centre half & centre midfielder. You know that come the winter the side will be scared of playing football on our pitch as it is usually in an utter shite condition! This is not the fault of the groundsmen or club but more the fact of what it is built on!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:37 am

Jesus Christ...why all the doom and gloom fellas?

There are clubs all around us falling like flies....our club has turned around, managed within the means, developing youth section, great young players and a young new manager who is working wonders in the closed season?

Come on guys...dont fall for the MM trolling...our club is in a better state than probably in the last 35 years.

Having a team on the field that you can't afford ends in disaster....Bashley, Totten etc etc...the list will continue to grow until the message finally gets into peoples thick skulls..

Build from within...steady growth.

Onwards & upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 am

Great comment bob... The club is in a great state... Again not trying to harp on about budget but if you think we have a budget that can compete at this level then you are mistaken. I have just seen a little bit more about the two new signings and they are both big lads. Liam obviously thinks there good so I trust his judgement. It would be nice if he could get a few experienced players tho

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:59 am

Bob, I don't think anyone has suggested that the club spends money it doesn't have. But the reality is that the club living within its means hasn't given us a team that has been enjoyable to watch. As a club we are not viable or sustainable at this level of football. With the infrastructure we have, the fan base etc, the club needs to be a division or two lower to be able to compete.

Nor do I see much building or growth in the team. How can we build a team when we go from one manager to the next and have a new set of players every season? We are simply stumbling along from one season to the next. There has been no stability on the pitch. I may start to believe in your usual mantra when I see it actually happen. As it is, the club is in decline with continuous poor league finishes, non existent cup runs and plummeting attendances.

I hope I'm wrong and when the season starts, we have a competitive team and go on to have a great season! I just can't see it happening unfortunately.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:10 am

Bob, I am looking forward to seeing Liam put together a young, competitive and attractive footballing side. My view is that he needs to sign a few experienced heads in key positions. This is not negative but one of the biggest failures Redders made last season once Niall Cooper left was not signing an experienced keeper as  Catlow is still to young and quiet for first team football. This position was a problem and also not having a recognised centre forward after Danks left, we have Kyle Patterson now so I hope this resolves part of that problem so I am looking forward to hearing about who else signs in key positions.

I agree with part of Del's post that it would be proof in the pudding when we see some progress

Last edited by Leethall on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:24 am

I agree with all of your points....but only 2 short years ago the club was dead...finished...buried...never to be seen again.

OK, mistakes have been made...Socket...Fennemore...Redhead...as well as some strange decisions off the field....

But we are in this division on merit...we have survived last season with a team that on it's day, competed with the teams finishing at the top of the division.

Do we think for one minute, with the poor infrastructure at the club, we have the same income as Stourbridge, Leamington...even Stratford?
I would guess Studley's income from their pitches is more than RUFC?

So our expectations should not be too high at this time IMO....Mr Swan is working everyday for the pitch solution...he knows better than us this is the only lifeline for the club without artificial investment.

Sure...more bumps to come our way...but in the long term, this strategy is the only working model for a club with our level of income.

Ask the millions of people who 'speculate to accumulate' at the race track everyday....the bookie is the only guy leaving with a smile!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 am

I have been told through a second part that the budget is less than what mr redhead had last season. This worries me. Also that mr redhead thinks Liam will become a very good manager but he is on a hiding to nothing at Redditch as the budget can't compete at this level and if Redditch stay up it will be a miracle. That was hard to take from a friend who's at solihoof. This again proves my point about the budget. I am fully behind Liam and not being negative but just thought I'd share it with you all.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Come on guys...dont fall for the MM trolling...our club is in a better state than probably in the last 35 years.

If anyone posting on this forum is trolling then surely that would be you?

I am sure the Ducklings enjoy reading the garbage you post but at the end of the day you only manage to mix yourself up.

The team you keep holding up as a constant role model are Bromsgrove and guess what they collapsed and came back stronger and happier if we are to believe your ramblings. Sporting Redditch has a certain ring don’t you agree.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I agree with all of your points....but only 2 short years ago the club was dead...finished...buried...never to be seen again.

OK, mistakes have been made...Socket...Fennemore...Redhead...as well as some strange decisions off the field....

But we are in this division on merit...we have survived last season with a team that on it's day, competed with the teams finishing at the top of the division.

Do we think for one minute, with the poor infrastructure at the club, we have the same income as Stourbridge, Leamington...even Stratford?
I would guess Studley's income from their pitches is more than RUFC?

So our expectations should not be too high at this time IMO....Mr Swan is working everyday for the pitch solution...he knows better than us this is the only lifeline for the club without artificial investment.

Sure...more bumps to come our way...but in the long term, this strategy is the only working model for a club with our level of income.

Ask the millions of people who 'speculate to accumulate' at the race track everyday....the bookie is the only guy leaving with a smile!

You are in this division on merit?

Really i thought you were relegated and managed to survive this year by a league restructure of kinds clearly finishing in one of the relegation spots on merit.

If you have a poor infrastructure that's down to the Ducklings, Leamington's ground is in the middle of the outback and so is Stratford's you on the other hand are in a prime position.

You slaughter Redhead and now post that his side were competing against the top sides in the league?

You're chasing your tail again Bob Very Happy

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am

Redhead did nowt...KC was coaching the team.

BSFC? Never mentioned them...you are puddled.
My suggestion was my buddy Oaksey at FVFC...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Spoke to a few Bristol Rovers fans today and they seem genuinely surprised that we've managed to sign him, apparently he oozes class and could probably still play at a higher level. Maybe this is another part of an experienced spine of the time that Liam is starting to build.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:13 am

Fantastic signing haven't seen him play but after speaking to a Worcester fan, they seem to think he's very good and can't believe he's signed for Redditch. With Patterson and Reece things are looking good. I'm glad he's bringing in experience and these lads are not over the hill. I'd love to have at least 2 more experienced players tho.

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down