Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Rock DJ

+3
del boy
RockDJ
Leethall
7 posters

Go down

FAO Rock DJ Empty FAO Rock DJ

Post  Leethall Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 am

Dave,

Are the club planning to embrace Non League Day and try and get a decent crowd down to The Valley for the game against Banbury?

Could be a potential money spinner and put the club and Liam's new side in the shop window?

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com/t1352-non-league-day-sat-7th-september
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

FAO Rock DJ Empty Re: FAO Rock DJ

Post  RockDJ Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:43 am

It would be a shame not to do something wouldn't it.
What would you like to see the club do? Any ideas would be welcome.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 am

I'd like to see free admission for the game. If not that, then a 'pay what you want' scheme or a heavily discounted admission charge. And keep it simple! Let people just turn up on the day, none of this pay/book in advance nonsense. Then make sure we do raffles, golden goals etc. Get plenty of staff in the bar and food hut for quick service and a high turnover.

Of course it would be a risk. Obviously I have no idea how match day revenues are currently made, so I'm not going to try and guess. But if crowds start off how they finished last season, how risky can it be? When you take away the freebies and concessions, how many of us are actually paying £10 to get in?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Banbury is the perfect game to do this as well because judging by previous seasons we're unlikely to get whipped so some first timers may want to come back if it's close.
2 quid in for adults, all kids free, early bar before the match with cheap drinks after the game only with a chance to meet players (vital for disillusioned fans of big clubs who see themselves as detached from whats on the pitch) with a free programme on the gate until they run out as we all know that clubs at this level are forced to make them anyway and most make a loss on the printing every game. The programme would also be a useful propaganda tool for all involved in the club to create a "good impression" on newbies to entice them back to games (especially with the fa cup game near that) and off field events.
I heard from the bloke on the gate that only 90 out of what was it 400 plus? paid entry to the juniors day kettering game last season but on the flip side said the club made a killing on food on drink. Not exactly sure how much but maybe someone on the inside could say if we made more money than an average saturday league game on that day? One things for sure, something needs to be done to promote the club and the lack of such promotion is an age old issue that has been thrashed to death on this forum many times. Therefore, ideas as above plus adverts in the paper and i dont think we'll go too far wrong!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:17 am

Agree with both Del and Terrace Guy. If the club are serious about embracing this then would it be an idea to set up a group to work with the club to canvass ideas and see what we can do?

Maybe a fiver entry for adults and a quid for kids. It never sits easily with regular fans but you need to try and draw in the Villa/Blues/Baggies/Wolves fans who have season tickets to draw these in for a discount or for free hoping you can get a donation. As stated the area you can make money is via the bar/kitchen/tuck shop where people will buy food and drinks and if this is staffed properly could make a fortune potentially. You need to look at this as an opportunity to get a really good crowd and hope that Liam's team perform and those that attend come back for more football.

There are risks involved no doubt but the club ultimately need to want to do this!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 am

It's a godsend that this has come against Bashley, as they're properly one of the only teams in the league worse than us! Really hope that the club takes the risk of doing something big and brining new faces through the turnstiles. Hemel did it last season and it really helped their attendances.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:48 am

Banbury not Bashley fella!!!

Worcester are supporting non league day for the 3rd year running

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/worcestercity/events/non-league-day-2013-130456.html
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:59 am

Thanks guys some excellent ideas.

I would love the football club to be able to offer free entry, perhaps you could ask around and see if we could find a sponsor £500 to cover the fixture?
This would limit the risk as official etc still need paying.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 am

A very good article form the founder of Non League Day. Full article http://grumpyoldfan.net/non-league-day-2013/
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:07 am

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Rock DJ,
You asked for ideas, we supplied them. Am i now right in saying that the club wants its customers to go out and find a £500 sponsor? Is this a joke?

The whole point of non league day is for short term pain (ie a possible loss of profit but not guaranteed) to hopefully equal long term gain. Ie not for the clubs involved to go "hmmm well we'll only do it if someone pays up to cover the costs anyway" but to think "hey if we get 1000 through the gate at rock bottom prices then maybe 350 will attend next time and after that to improve the books, not forgetting the additional food, drink, merchandise money we could get on the day and from improved attendances in the future aswell"
I am sick to death of the club ignoring ideas put forward by the fans and if this continues they will lose more of their hardcore. On this note Non League Day is a prime opportunity not only to get new fans but to show those fans who have started to stay away that the club is willing to engage with them. Five players on contract today according to The Advertiser. Great news and I'm impressed but it wont pull people through the gates. Non League Day... Make it happen!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 am

Terrace guy – I’m only the clubs Secretary not a Director or share holder so lets just get one thing cleared I cannot “make it happen”.
I post on here my views in my time to try to keep the people who read this forum as up to date as I can.

The reason I (not the club) asked for a sponsor was so I could ‘Sell’ the idea to the powers that be who actually can make it happen.

I read this forum because I like to hear balanced view as sometimes I can get so wrapped up in RUFC I become a bit blinkered so they make a good read. Hopefully, you will pop down and watch the first team this week and the start of the season, seek me out I’m always happy to chat. Might even buy you a pint if I’m in a good mood. Very Happy 
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:25 am

Rock DJ,

No problem mate and by no means was the above an attack on you it's just frustrating at times as a reds fan to go over the same issues over and over again, owner after owner, watching fans suggest stuff to improve the club only for it to be ignored before an article gets stuffed in the paper around mid season with the chairman wondering where the supports gone.
As for the drink and a chat i'll be in the bar with the old man just before the Arlesey game no doubt having bought the new shirt (if the clubs selling them) despite telling myself i cant really afford it with a holiday coming up and looking forward to the new season!

:-)
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Terrace, I get as frustrated as you sometimes as I'm also a fan. Believe me I will always try and do my best for the supporters as after all said and done we'd be nothing without them.

Looking forward to seeing you at home games....p.s I not buying 2 pints lol!
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 am

Dave, as we are still just learning who is who among the players, would it be possible for the probable squad for each game to be published on here, once Liam has decided on his line up. I realise there could be last minute changes but it would help fans learn who is who and help a lot with the predictions league, for potential scorers names etc.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:51 am

No problem mate, I would guess it will be something like this

1. Sam Hornby / Bradley Catlow
2. Joel Caines
3. Harry Austin (c)
4. Troy Hinds
5. Biaroh Conteh
6. Charlie Reece may be injured either Harvey Headley (up front) or Passeka Kargbo
7. Mark Hands
8. Leavi Oshungbure
9. Jamie Molyneux
10. Edwin Ahenkorah
11. Kyle Patterson

12. Passeka Kargbo Midfield / Winger - Harvey Headley Striker
13. Danny Brain Midfield
14. Daniel Pitt Midfield
15. Jermaine Hylton Striker
16.Alex Price Midfield
17. Dominic Oliver Holding Mid
Jordan Anderson Defender

Last edited by RockDJ on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 am

Terrace Guy wrote:Rock DJ,

No problem mate and by no means was the above an attack on you it's just frustrating at times as a reds fan to go over the same issues over and over again, owner after owner, watching fans suggest stuff to improve the club only for it to be ignored before an article gets stuffed in the paper around mid season with the chairman wondering where the supports gone.
 As for the drink and a chat i'll be in the bar with the old man just before the Arlesey game no doubt having bought the new shirt (if the clubs selling them) despite telling myself i cant really afford it with a holiday coming up and looking forward to the new season!

:-)
To be fair TG...any ideas about Non League Day require some level of investment.....advertising, promotion, reduced entry.

With the club continually losing money, I don't understand where you think more investment should come from?

It is easy to say that by having more people in the ground makes more revenue for bar sales, food etc...but if these secondary sales increased by $2000 on match day, with a profit margin around 20% (guestimate), you only increase revenue by $400 and by allowing free entry (guestimate $1000) you lose $600?

Will those extra punters come back? History says no...unless the team are winning consistently.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Steve,

I understand it is Chris Swans club and he can do what he likes with it. However, as per every other owner ive known there has been next to no effort to engage with the town or the fans that spend their hard earned there every week. Therefore, if no effort is made again then fans like myself and many others are going to be peeved off when the mid season "where the feck is everyone?" article gets printed in The Advertiser.
This season is seriously make or break in my opinion. Many die hards from recent seasons (rawlings, andy etc) and many old timers (no offence to arsene who i put in this category) have lost or are losing interest and i dont blame them. The valley last season was a truly desperate place to be, enough have said it and unless this team gets off to a flying start i fear we will be in terminal decline with ever more embarrassing gates.
Therefore, i believe the owners should take a calculated risk for one match only to bring new fans in and bring the old fans back. If it falls flat and the club have tried all they can then fair enough it need never be done again but if we dont try we wont know!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 pm

RockDJ wrote:No problem mate, I would guess it will be something like this

1. Sam Hornby / Bradley Catlow
2. Joel Caines
3. Harry Austin (c)
4. Troy Hinds
5. Biaroh Conteh
6. Charlie Reece may be injured either Harvey Headley (up front) or Passeka Kargbo
7. Mark Hands
8. Leavi Oshungbure
9. Jamie Molyneux
10. Edwin Ahenkorah
11. Kyle Patterson

12. Passeka Kargbo  Midfield / Winger  - Harvey Headley   Striker
13. Danny Brain   Midfield
14. Daniel Pitt    Midfield
15. Jermaine Hylton  Striker
16.Alex Price       Midfield
17. Dominic Oliver  Holding Mid
Jordan Anderson  Defender