Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humiliation at the Valley

+10
Redditchbluenose86
Mr Bonehead
oldtommo
Bob Marley
Fat Ron
Peterborough
Terrace Guy
Sheepy Road
rawlings09
Mrs Moor
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Humiliation at the Valley Empty Humiliation at the Valley

Post  Mrs Moor Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Mr Duckling I know you enjoy a chuckle at my posts but surely after tonight you should just hand over the club to the supporters and go away.
You have humiliated this club enough, season after season of incompetence has resulted in losing to a very poor Midland Combination side who are currently in twelfth position in their league.

Perhaps now after this even Bob Marley will see that although you rescued the football club your reasons for this action are very much unclear, you seem to have no intention of giving your supporters or your constant stream of Managers a fighting chance.

I saw through you from day one, whatever you are up to it is wrong, invest in the playing staff and give the paying supporters some pride in their local club, if you are not prepared to do this then go away because you are clearly embarrassing.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Humiliation at the Valley Empty Re: Humiliation at the Valley

Post  rawlings09 Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm

I have also been wondering recently why buy a dying football club to let it struggle and die anyway?Head against wall 
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheepy Road Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm

"Very poor midland combination team" - that's a bit harsh on Atherstone isn't it ?
We are 12th due to having games in hand,we've only lost 1 game and that was to Brocton-top of the league.
I thought we played well considering we're 3 leagues lower.

we know what it's like,we used to be in southern prem,now look at us.

Anyway, all the best for the rest if the season.

Sheepy Road
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:03 am

I know we usually get knocked out early doors in the fa cup but this truly is a new low. Bar one half of football vs Banbury Reds have been nothing but a complete embarrassment this season but this is only part of a general decline.
The day Swan let Hyde go with most of that team, and i emphasise TEAM is the day the club started to die again. There has been a can't be arsed attitude on and off the pitch and the clubs hardcore has been eroded to the point where many wont come back.

Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Humiliation at the Valley Empty Enough!

Post  Peterborough Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

I had the misfortune to witness last nights debacle.
I would make the following point/observation.
The definition of Manager is '' One who handles, controls or directs''.
Standing around with your hands in your pockets chatting, with your back half turned to the pitch does NOT quality.
The only time our manager became animated last night was when he collided with an Atherstone player when he was at fault for being outside of the technical area.
I will not be attending the next home game .

Peterborough
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 am

Glad I did not go, to be honest I did not even know we were playing last night. The seasons interest over already for me.

One thing to generate a bit of interest in the reds is a cup run, not even got that now.

Don't know when I will be going down again... pig Fat Ron

Fat Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:Mr Duckling I know you enjoy a chuckle at my posts but surely after tonight you should just hand over the club to the supporters and go away.
You have humiliated this club enough, season after season of incompetence has resulted in losing to a very poor Midland Combination side who are currently in twelfth position in their league.

Perhaps now after this even Bob Marley will see that although you rescued the football club your reasons for this action are very much unclear, you seem to have no intention of giving your supporters or your constant stream of Managers a fighting chance.

I saw through you from day one, whatever you are up to it is wrong, invest in the playing staff and give the paying supporters some pride in their local club, if you are not prepared to do this then go away because you are clearly embarrassing.
Hand the club over supporters? are you serious?

The only opportunity we had was with the Plan B team...most have those have gone away and besides one or two hard core guys (with already very busy lives)...I don't know how that could happen?

The club can not sustain itself...the Plan B team proved that and when Mr Swan took the club on...the truth was exposed to all supporters in terms of the size of the debt and the level of investment needed to to keep the place open. People can harp on about due diligence etc, but the club's accounting/record keeping/paperwork was a joke and had been for years...if Mr Swan knew the real situation (not known by anyone..including the previous Directors), he wouldn't be here today and the club would be dead...finished...buried.

So when the club is having a hard time on the field...why do people come on here to sl#g off the owner who saved the club and keeps the doors open every week? Mr Swan said from day one that the club must be self financing and he would manage that accordingly....why do people say he should 'invest' more of his hard earned cash in RUFC? because he saved the club with over 250k of bullshit from previous Directors pretending that RUFC was something that is wasn't?  

Makes me smile...supporters moaning that he should spend more of his money and then saying they aren't going to spend a tenner to watch the game and then support their club and town.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:42 pm

If what we have (player wise) is the best we can get with the present finances then we should be playing about 3 leagues lower. At least then the hardy 100 or so that do turn up regularly would see a more competitive game and possibly a few more victories. Football supporting is mainly about the feel good factor and although its nice to see your side play attractively, the most important aspect of feeling good is winning! I have never slagged the owners off but I do think they (and everyone else) are being unrealistic thinking or even expecting to be competitive at this standard with the ability of player our budget attracts. This is not a moan, just a realistic comment on where we are at. I really think at the end of this season it would be worth applying to be put into a league lower down the pyramid, then the good youngsters the club is finding and nurturing, will not have to make such a large step up when they get to play for 1st team. Local lads breaking through into a team that's (hopefully) doing well, happier fans having a celebratory pint in the bar, all at a club which will cost less to run! The feel good factor then hopefully a steady sustainable well supported climb back to the dizzy heights! Probably pie in the sky but I feel better for having said it!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 am

I went Monday for the first time in ages. I was shocked at how bad things have become. It's not that the team aren't trying it's that they're not good enough. I don't the blame the manager as it seems his hands are tied I fully respect the Chairman's wish for the club to be self sufficient but that policy is going to see the club continue to slide. It seems as if the place is just slowly dying with many long term supporters staying away. I stopped going regularly a long time and believe me it will be hard to get those supporters back. Once you stop going you just get out of the habit and other things fill the void on a Saturday afternoon. With the team playing so badly at home it's not exactly going to be easy to get new supporters. Does anyone really believe a tenner is good value to watch such dross?

The supporters are blaming the Chairman while the Chairman's chief cheerleader blames the supporters. Meanwhile the club dies a little bit more week by week. People may say that is being dramatic but I really fear for the future. You get that 3G pitch you all crave but sadly there may be only members of the public playing on it.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:03 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:I went Monday for the first time in ages. I was shocked at how bad things have become. It's not that the team aren't trying it's that they're not good enough. I don't the blame the manager as it seems his hands are tied I fully respect the Chairman's wish for the club to be self sufficient but that policy is going to see the club continue to slide. It seems as if the place is just slowly dying with many long term supporters staying away. I stopped going regularly a long time and believe me it will be hard to get those supporters back. Once you stop going you just get out of the habit and other things fill the void on a Saturday afternoon. With the team playing so badly at home it's not exactly going to be easy to get new supporters. Does anyone really believe a tenner is good value to watch such dross?

The supporters are blaming the Chairman while the Chairman's chief cheerleader blames the supporters. Meanwhile the club dies a little bit more week by week. People may say that is being dramatic but I really fear for the future. You get that 3G pitch you all crave but sadly there may be only members of the public playing on it.
I am not Mr Swans cheerleader if you are referring to me?

I am just realistic and being probably closer to the club than most in recent times, I saw/understood the real situation that the football club was in....to make the club stand on it's own 2 feet whilst competing at a level beyond it's means was never going to happen....quickly.

I disagree with most posts because I am a realist....most people in football are not...hence why most clubs carry billions of debt and the euphoria of the EPL is the only thing keeping it going.
Look at the national side...direct result of what is unrealistic and totally unsustainable. Look at what is happening in Russian football these days versus German football.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:07 am

Bob Marley wrote:Look at the national side...direct result of what is unrealistic and totally unsustainable. Look at what is happening in Russian football these days versus German football.
I don't think there was ever anything to look at Bob, Germany have a history of winning everything - Russia who are they I struggle to name more than four Russian sides.

Let's be honest if the Ducklings have had a cheerleader on this forum it has been you. At the end of the day they have let you down time after time. The free money for communities has dried up now because of the financial climate so they knocked that on the head. They have cut the youth football and now play a reserve side that is pointless, far better to just get some much needed money in letting the ground on a free Saturday for the good the MFC reserve division will do the club. Let's be honest you won it last year and how has that helped this year.

If Bromsgrove can start again so can you, unless the Ducklings invest why bother carrying on they are killing the clubs spirit from the inside and in the end no one will care, perhaps that is their game plan.

It does not seem that long ago we lost our first seven games of the season but we kept our heads and look at us now crowds up 40% and the same Manager in place, how many changes have you made.

Why buy a football club at this level if you are not prepared to invest and make a go of it, would you buy a car if you could not afford the petrol, of course not.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 am

I think there's a general feeling of 'if the club aren't bothering, then why should I?'

Can anyone name a single effort this year to attract new or old fans? (Bar the season ticket incentive the other week)

The club points at fans and fans point at the club, fans can carry on with their lives without the club but the club can't function without the fans.

I appreciate the fact that the club was saved from going under, but what's the plan from here?
I doubt Redditch United was brought purely to preserve a football club,
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

I think Mr Swan bought the club for 3 reasons;

1. He is a football fan
2. He is a community leader (look at the money he has raised for charity....I bet it is more than everyone on this forum put together?)
3. He believed that good business acumen could be used to make a successful local football club

I don't know the hours Mr & Mrs Swan put into the club...but added to the work of DJ and others around the club...the workload would surprise most people who write about RUFC on here.
I think it is a lack of knowledge or respect to say the club is not actively working to improve the situation...on and off the field of play.

2 or 3 good results change the attitude 360'...we are a fickle lot and we must remain cautious in our expectations.
For once I agree with MM....the model now employed at Solihull Bores is a good one...not the annual cash injections used to subsidize the club before.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I think Mr Swan bought the club for 3 reasons;

1. He is a football fan
2. He is a community leader (look at the money he has raised for charity....I bet it is more than everyone on this forum put together?)
3. He believed that good business acumen could be used to make a successful local football club

I don't know the hours Mr & Mrs Swan put into the club...but added to the work of DJ and others around the club...the workload would surprise most people who write about RUFC on here.
I think it is a lack of knowledge or respect to say the club is not actively working to improve the situation...on and off the field of play.

2 or 3 good results change the attitude 360'...we are a fickle lot and we must remain cautious in our expectations.
For once I agree with MM....the model now employed at Solihull Bores is a good one...not the annual cash injections used to subsidize the club before.  

Without wishing to sound pedantic, would a change of 360' not leave one with the same attitude?
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

Without wishing to sound pedantic, would a change of 360' not leave one with the same attitude?
360' is full circle...no?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

A full circle returns one to their starting point, does it not? So not sure that would lead to a change of attitude.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 am

Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

A full circle returns one to their starting point, does it not? So not sure that would lead to a change of attitude.
Attitude is a personal issue.
Everyone has a choice in life.....be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Of course, most people take the easy way...being part of the problem...that is why forums like this exist...so people can sit back and criticize everything and everyone.
A very small percentage of people however, decide to roll up their sleeves and be part of the solution...which is never easy...that is why the majority of people will not attempt it...they just continue to sit back and poke fun at the folks attempting to better themselves and the situation.

That is why the Sun is the number 1 selling newspaper...it makes sad people just that bit happier, when they see others have a miserable life too.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldred Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

Everyone has a choice in life.....be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Of course, most people take the easy way...being part of the problem...that is why forums like this exist...so people can sit back and criticize everything and everyone.
A very small percentage of people however, decide to roll up their sleeves and be part of the solution...which is never easy...that is why the majority of people will not attempt it...they just continue to sit back and poke fun at the folks attempting to better themselves and the situation.

That is why the Sun is the number 1 selling newspaper...it makes sad people just that bit happier, when they see others have a miserable life too.
What a dreadfully simplistic view of the world, Bob. I fear you've been listening to the dross that is often produced by so-called management/efficiency "experts". Such a view takes no account of individualism and mental make-up. To be honest, it smacks to me of an arrogance which unfortunately is all too prevelant today. "I'm all right Jack pull up the ladder". I'd hate to be one of your emloyees with a problem if all I was told was that it was a matter of attitude and choice and all I needed was to change my mind! (As I was told a few years ago when I was suffering from clinical depression!)

I really think your post adds nothing to the debate about RUFC but says an awful lot about you!

oldred

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 am

oldred wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:

1. He is a football fan

What a dreadfully simplistic view of the world, Bob. I fear you've been listening to the dross that is often produced by so-called management/efficiency "experts". Such a view takes no account of individualism and mental make-up. To be honest, it smacks to me of an arrogance which unfortunately is all too prevelant today. "I'm all right Jack pull up the ladder". I'd hate to be one of your emloyees with a problem if all I was told was that it was a matter of attitude and choice and all I needed was to change my mind! (As I was told a few years ago when I was suffering from clinical depression!)

I really think your post adds nothing to the debate about RUFC but says an awful lot about you!
Touche.

I think my point adds to the debate on the thread called 'humiliation at the valley'.

FYI...I base all of my comments on my personal thoughts and experience. The nanny state that most people think owes them a living, was not around when my Grandfather was fighting in WW2. My point is stop whinging and go do...what is arrogant about that?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

No the Nanny State wasn't around when my Father was fighting in WW2. Those brave men came home to sub standard housing, poor medical care where thousands died of infectious diseases and little or no help for those suffering in hard times. But still they shouldn't have whinged and should just have "rolled up their sleeves "as you put it.
You talk of people being part of the problem or solution so can you just answer this question: Are large international companies who avoid or pay very little tax part of the problem or solution? Companies such as Amazon who because orders are routed through their Luxembourg office avoid paying tax. Why is it I never hear you attacking them?

As for the line that "most people think the state owes them living", that's just a cheap and easy throw away insult not based on fact. Most people? Really?
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:No the Nanny State wasn't around when my Father was fighting in WW2. Those brave men came home to sub standard housing, poor medical care where thousands died of infectious diseases and little or no help for those suffering in hard times. But still they shouldn't have whinged and should just have "rolled up their sleeves "as you put it.
You talk of people being part of the problem or solution so can you just answer this question: Are large international companies who avoid or pay very little tax part of the problem or solution? Companies such as Amazon who because orders are routed through their Luxembourg office avoid paying tax. Why is it I never hear you attacking them?

As for the line that "most people think the state owes them living", that's just a cheap and easy throw away insult not based on fact. Most people? Really?
If large, international companies are breaking the law...they would be punished. You can not blame Amazon for government rulings...governments that are democratically elected.

I do believe that most people don't want to get involved these days...hence my comment on this RUFC forum reference to RUFC.

If all the negative energy was put towards helping the club, the situation would be better than people continue to complain about...stop whinging, spend your tenner every 2 weeks and go support the damn club.

It is a reflection of the attitude most people have these days...next time it snows in the UK, see how many people are outside your house clearing the snow to help others...tongue 
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Bob Marley wrote:

It is a reflection of the attitude most people have these days...next time it snows in the UK, see how many people are outside your house clearing the snow to help others...tongue   
Yet again Bob, another truly ignorant generalisation.

We've had a lot of snow these last few years. Maybe people don't always help out 'outside your house'.... but when your car gets stuck in the snow and people get stranded......people help each other. Every time I've been stuck in the snow, I've always been helped by others. I've witnessed many such selfless good deeds in bad weather.

You have a real talent for alienating other posters.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Errrr, redditch lost at home to atherstone from 3 leagues below them!! I think some of our frustrated part time politicians / Alan sugar wannabes are somewhat straying from the point. We have gone from a small FA cup upset to international tax avoidance, WW2, the general malaise of the population etc. can I suggest we find some way of bottling all the hot air being spouted on here and use it to heat the changing rooms, bar, and defrost the pitch in winter. Would therefore save some money and help the club!!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:58 am

[/quote]You have a real talent for alienating other posters.[/quote]
If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next