Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Lewis

5 posters

Go down

Danny Lewis Empty Danny Lewis

Post  Leethall Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:47 am

Leaving full time football, a return to his hometown club would be superb

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-three-player-departures-confirmed-2429034.aspx
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Danny Lewis Empty Re: Danny Lewis

Post  Guest Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:53 am

That would be amazing top goalkeeper but once again it comes down to money and depends on where McDonald and the coaching team see there future. This must be sorted before we can attempt any signings.As we know Nuneaton are looking for a new boss and they may be willing to take a chance on McDonald after what he has done for us on nothing, i am damn sure they can offer more than us and are only 1 league higher. Come on Mr Swann your priority is to sort this out now before it is to late.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:43 am

If Liam gets offered another job with the likes of Nuneaton Telford I really can not see us keeping him as the budget will always be much tighter here at Redditch than at other clubs . The real problem will be if he takes some of our young stars the likes of Sammons Maye Spink Carline Jones to name just a few . So I agree this needs sorting sooner rather than later !!!!!!!

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm not really sure what there is to sort out? It's surely a simple case of what we can afford!?

If anyone thinks that our chairman is going to increase the budget to retain the services of our management team and players, then I think you are going to be very disappointed!! Expecting an increase in the playing budget is expecting Chris Swan to put more of his own, personal finances into the club. He has made it crystal clear from day one that he wants a self sufficient club. If we can't afford it, we can't afford it. If anything, I'd expect the budget to be cut further, at least in the immediate future. Any discussion will surely be along the lines of 'that's what we can afford, take it or leave it'.  

As for Danny Lewis, he was a great player for our club, and would obviously be a fantastic signing! But, I've been impressed with our Goalkeepers this season. I'd be inclined to stick with the lads we have. Our problem position is up front! Assuming we can retain our current management team and the core of our first team, we have one problem position that we need to improve, and that's not in goal.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Fri May 01, 2015 11:40 am

Clubs that play at this level are never self funding there is always someone in the background putting money in out of their own pockets .even local clubs in lower league have the same issues . To be self funding we would need to have a gate of 400 to 500 each week with all of them paying full price again never gonna happen . Maybe the club need to be more clued up on the fund raising side the clubhouse used for race nights ,poker nights , discos functions of all sorts we have plenty of youth side . But however it's done the manager and best players need to stay otherwise this was a wasted season that's my view

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri May 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Sorry, but that is absolutely not true. Many clubs at this level are self sufficient and live within their means. It's the clubs that have people 'putting money in' that are inevitably the clubs that get into trouble when that said person gets fed up and moves on!

As for the fund raising events at the club, it's a nice idea but if I remember correctly, it has been tried at the Reds and was largely a failure.

I agree that 400-500 attendance is what we should be hoping for at this level. Towards the end of this season, we were pushing towards the 400 mark. What happens on the pitch is key and 400 is a realistic attendance to aim for. Whether they are full paying or not is a different question! Even if they are let in for free or at a concessionary rate, if they are spending money whilst at the club, then that's preferably to them not being there at all.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 5:35 am

When i say sort things out, it is really quite simple. I mean Mr Swann to sit down with the management team and say this is our budget and ask him if he can work with that. I am not asking him to bankroll the club any further than he is but we need to make plans because in my opinion i think McDonald and his team will be gone sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Sun May 03, 2015 11:23 am

I agree with you toffee man the longer it's left the more chance someone else will come in for Liam and if he does go no doubt some of the better players will follow too. delboy was saying fund raising at the club is pretty unsuccessful at Redditch yet we don't have a presentation evening for the first team ?? Don't make much sense to me

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

I was referring to attempts from a few years back such as race nights, band nights, disco's, car boot sales etc. From memory, these events were poorly supported and as such, are no longer attempted. A first team presentation night however is a guaranteed, profitable event! To not have one doesn't make any sense to me either!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 2:39 pm

Fund raising has always been a big problem for the club,and not to have a presentation evening is just plain stupid. They are always well backed and the money goes back in to the club. What sort if message does this send out? Oh i don't give a damn about all your hard work get lost and maybe i see you next season. Mr. Swann for a clever business man you really do lack common sense and good manners towards your staff quite simply you are stupid if you think to have no presentation night is good business.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cedar Road Mon May 04, 2015 12:15 am

It has been claimed that the reason for no presentation is "the supporters didn't bother to organise it" , since when has the supporters ever been responsible for organising what is 100% a official club event that us in effect a thank you to the team and volunteers and a final chance of the season for fans and club to get together? Also the 'club' are waiting to hear what contribution the fans are inputting to next seasons budget so I assume this will have impact on back room staff staying or not.

Cedar Road
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Over the years the board of Redditch United have come out with some crap but if this is indeed true cedar road this would top the lot. Mr Swann should remember you talk out of your mouth and not the other end. As for fans input for next season what more does he expect from a great set of supporters. Yes we want another 200 plus through the turnstiles each week but if he done his homework before taking over he would of realised that would be a difficult thing to achieve. Mr Swann has done an amazing job since he arrived but what i have never liked and never will is one person having total control over any club. If he had got his way he would of moved us to Hereford without consultation with the fans and don't say he wouldn't because he had already put the wheels in motion and no one knew. I believe he will keep trying to move us and just leave youth football in the town. This just my opinion and only 2 things will stop it happening is the new pitch or the council have a dramatic change of heart and give us the washford site.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Why have a presentation evening when supporters don't go?
The club has done that before....albeit in different circumstances...I appreciate that.....but it has never been well supported.

Sallie clearly stated that she would organize one...Liam declined as many of the team where taking personal holidays immediately after the season...not a big deal really.

Now it is hawked around that the supporters should organize it?
Bullshit....that's just hearsay away from the facts.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Cedar Road Tue May 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Mr Bob Marley, I find some of what you say sensible and reasonable and some of it I feel you either make it up or believe what your told!
Let's examine the 'hawked, non fact bullshit' above shall we, I have seen a full transcript of a message sent by the Chairman to a supporter sent on April 27th. The gist of the message the way I see it was to relay and put right some of what had been said online, to move forward as one club and to identify funding via supporters group. In that message was this statement - '"The issue of the supporters presentation not happening is the supporters not organising it - no one else's." Oh my....a fact! This is half the problem Mr Marley, to many versions from people and zero communication.

Cedar Road
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed May 06, 2015 1:14 pm

What Sallie was quoted as saying was that Liam had said he did not want a presentation evening arranged immediately after the last game of the season when they did not know if they would be in the play offs, sensible. Then it all seems to have been blown out of proportion as something could easily have been arranged months ago for this coming weekend as the play offs had finished. I am sure most players did not go on their holidays last weekend.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed May 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Danny Lewis has signed for Solihoof as well as Callum Gittings
Leethall
Leethall
Football League